Quantcast
Connecticut School Shooting - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Connecticut School Shooting

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-12-2019 at 11:24 AM.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by FraserB

Do you seriously believe that making guns illegal will solve this issue?
    It will put a serious damper on it, yes.

Get rid of assault weapons, hand guns, semi automatic and automatic weapons designed for one purpose, to kill humans.

No reason why a civilian needs to own an assault weapon.

My Ride
    Has AWD

unreal seeing the pictures of the faces of these kids, horrified, terrified, crying, probably most will be scared to ever go back now. The parents who lost their kids, i cant even begin to imagine, u smile and hug your kid before dropping them off for school and then thats it their gone. Unreal tragedy......

My Ride
    Silverado

Originally posted by carson blocks

A small percentage of firearms are used in a horrible manner, therefore we should all lose our rights to own them and use them in the legal and responsible ways that the vast majority of firearms owners do. Cars cause more deaths every year, and I'd bet that more cars are used irresponsibly every year than guns. We'd better give up our rights to own these death machines ASAP. Think of the children.

On topic, RIP to the victims of this senseless tragedy.
    there are quite a few reasons to own a car. whats the putpose in owning a handgun?

RIP to the innocent children. There is a special place in hell for this guy... and i hope the fire will be extra hot.

Also, Here is a list of mass school killings in China from 2010-2011, almost all of which were with a knife. They have way more mass killings than in North America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_...na_(2010–2011)
    Last edited by Destinova403; 12-14-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 05:00 AM.

My Ride
    17' M3

They can have my firearms as soon as they take away cars, fast food, liquor and cigarettes. Those aren't needed either.
    Jackolo

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

Originally posted by dirtsniffer

whats the putpose in owning a handgun?
    Competitive shooting, handgun hunting.
    Killing hippies. Shooting empty cans of PBR.
    Protecting your home, property and family.

All positive activities.
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I wouldn't gamble with a DP on one of these.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

latest update on CNN says the mother's body was found at his home:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/14...ool/?hpt=hp_t1

[Updated at 5:14 p.m. ET] The mother of the suspected shooter was found dead in her son's residence in Newtown, a law enforcement source with detailed knowledge of the investigation told CNN. CNN had previously identified the mother as Nancy Lanza, a teacher at the Sandy Hook Elementary, according to law enforcement sources.

So why bother going to the school?!? Why take so many innocent lives?
    Originally posted by rage2 in 2002
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100.

My Ride
    A250

Originally posted by baygirl
    latest update on CNN says the mother's body was found at his home:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/14...ool/?hpt=hp_t1

[Updated at 5:14 p.m. ET] The mother of the suspected shooter was found dead in her son's residence in Newtown, a law enforcement source with detailed knowledge of the investigation told CNN. CNN had previously identified the mother as Nancy Lanza, a teacher at the Sandy Hook Elementary, according to law enforcement sources.

So why bother going to the school?!? Why take so many innocent lives?
    There are so many inconsistencies between different reporters. I read off another site that it was the father that was found dead at the home

Wasn't his mother teaching the kindergarten class at the time of the shooting?

My Ride
    '05 Wrx stage 2

People comparing cars and cigarettes to guns are off of their rockers.

That's oversimplifying a complicated issue such as gun control. Give your head a shake.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Toma
    Guns don't kill people. But they sure as fuck make it brain dead and facilitate a high kill rate.
    Guns don't kill people, 24hr news cycle and internet does.

From reddit:
    Let me tell you a story. The day after Columbine, I was interviewed for the Tom Brokaw news program. The reporter had been assigned a theory and was seeking sound bites to support it. "Wouldn't you say," she asked, "that killings like this are influenced by violent movies?" No, I said, I wouldn't say that. "But what about 'Basketball Diaries'?" she asked. "Doesn't that have a scene of a boy walking into a school with a machine gun?" The obscure 1995 Leonardo Di Caprio movie did indeed have a brief fantasy scene of that nature, I said, but the movie failed at the box office (it grossed only $2.5 million), and it's unlikely the Columbine killers saw it.

The reporter looked disappointed, so I offered her my theory. "Events like this," I said, "if they are influenced by anything, are influenced by news programs like your own. When an unbalanced kid walks into a school and starts shooting, it becomes a major media event. Cable news drops ordinary programming and goes around the clock with it. The story is assigned a logo and a theme song; these two kids were packaged as the Trench Coat Mafia. The message is clear to other disturbed kids around the country: If I shoot up my school, I can be famous. The TV will talk about nothing else but me. Experts will try to figure out what I was thinking. The kids and teachers at school will see they shouldn't have messed with me. I'll go out in a blaze of glory."

In short, I said, events like Columbine are influenced far less by violent movies than by CNN, the NBC Nightly News and all the other news media, who glorify the killers in the guise of "explaining" them. I commended the policy at the Sun-Times, where our editor said the paper would no longer feature school killings on Page 1. The reporter thanked me and turned off the camera. Of course the interview was never used. They found plenty of talking heads to condemn violent movies, and everybody was happy.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

stricter guns laws would only cause crazy people to become more creative

*couldnt post this on facebook cause too many people are thinking of the children on there

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by 89coupe

Get rid of assault weapons, hand guns, semi automatic and automatic weapons designed for one purpose, to kill humans.

Educate yourself. Most Canadians cannot legally own automatic firearms anyways, so that point is invalid, and do you even know what semi-automatic means? I've got a couple old wooden stocked "farm" rifles that that are semi-automatic, well used, and strangely enough have never killed a human even though that's apparently their only purpose.

Also, lay off the generic terms like "assault". That's propaganda to give housewives and morons something to rally against. My old .223 coyote rifle has the same power as a AR-15. Same cartridge, fire mechanism, etc. One is an ugly old farm rifle so it's ok, the other has a "scary" looking black stock and some neat vents and so it's a people-killer and should be banned. I'd better not get the "assault rifle" stock kit for my gopher gun, who knows what kind of public danger would result.

Oh, and strangely enough out of the thousands of rounds that have come out of my well used handguns, not a single one has ended up in a living thing. That's pretty odd since their entire purpose is to kill humans according to you. I've perforated a whole bunch of paper targets and made a few mortgage payments for my reloading guy, and that's about all the mayhem my "people killers" have caused.

I don't blame you for being uneducated and not having thought this through however, as solving the root causes of these incidents is a far more complex problem than simply blaming the tool used and trying to strip the rights from all the citizens who own and use those tools lawfully.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by 89coupe

It will put a serious damper on it, yes.

Originally posted by 01RedDX

How?
    Have owners of firearms regrister them through a national based system, this way these things could be tracked.

I don't see what's so hard to understand here: if children had weapons of their own, there's no way in hell this guy would have gunned down so many of them. Therefore, children must carry firearms to school. Pretty straightforward logic

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 05:00 AM.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Have owners of firearms regrister them through a national based system, this way these things could be tracked.

Originally posted by carson blocks

Educate yourself. Most Canadians cannot legally own automatic firearms anyways, so that point is invalid, and do you even know what semi-automatic means? I've got a couple old wooden stocked "farm" rifles that that are semi-automatic, well used, and strangely enough have never killed a human even though that's apparently their only purpose.

Also, lay off the generic terms like "assault". That's propaganda to give housewives and morons something to rally against. My old .223 coyote rifle has the same power as a AR-15. Same cartridge, fire mechanism, etc. One is an ugly old farm rifle so it's ok, the other has a "scary" looking black stock and some neat vents and so it's a people-killer and should be banned. I'd better not get the "assault rifle" stock kit for my gopher gun, who knows what kind of public danger would result.

Oh, and strangely enough out of the thousands of rounds that have come out of my well used handguns, not a single one has ended up in a living thing. That's pretty odd since their entire purpose is to kill humans according to you. I've perforated a whole bunch of paper targets and made a few mortgage payments for my reloading guy, and that's about all the mayhem my "people killers" have caused.

I don't blame you for being uneducated and not having thought this through however, as solving the root causes of these incidents is a far more complex problem than simply blaming the tool used and trying to strip the rights from all the citizens who own and use those tools lawfully.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast