Quantcast
Connecticut School Shooting - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Connecticut School Shooting

My Ride
    15,000 red line

Originally posted by ercchry

uh terminals are normally on the OTHER side of security...
    This is the kind of stupidity that can crack anyone up

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

Originally posted by ercchry

uh terminals are normally on the OTHER side of security...
    So we will all be safe if the police constantly check us all the time and have fire arms at the ready. It is a poor argument in the first place.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Yeah, there are those you just can't use logic with, that live in lala land lol. Best just to ignore the silly ones.

"You realize had this guy not had guns, he woulda killed 27 using mace, or knives, or frying pans.... or wait, a bus!"

I can tolerate stupid. Deliberate stupid, that's something else.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by Toma
    Yeah, there are those you just can't use logic with, that live in lala land lol. Best just to ignore the silly ones.

"You realize had this guy not had guns, he woulda killed 27 using mace, or knives, or frying pans.... or wait, a bus!"

I can tolerate stupid. Deliberate stupid, that's something else.
    I understand the argument and I get that guns are a quick and easy way to cause some damage, but we don't really know what this person would have done if not for the gun.

http://www.latimes.com/news/world/wo...,6383015.story

By John Hannon

December 14, 2012, 1:47 a.m.

BEIJING -- A man with a knife slashed 22 children and one adult outside an elementary school in Henan province Friday morning, China's worst such incident in more than a year.

The attack was reminiscent of a spate of knife attacks on schoolchildren that took place across China in 2010. In most cases, the attackers were unemployed middle-aged men, leading to speculation that the assaults stemmed from economic and social discontent.

Friday's attack occurred at about 7:40 a.m. as children were arriving outside the gate of Chenpeng Village’s Wanquan Elementary School. The suspect, Min Yingjun, 36, allegedly slashed an elderly woman as well as the children. Local propaganda officials said later that Min had a psychological illness.
    To say that knives would not be an alternative threat in the absence of a gun I don't know if the case has been made yet.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 12-14-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Modelexis

I understand the argument and I get that guns are a quick and easy way to cause some damage, but we don't really know what this person would have done if not for the gun.

http://www.latimes.com/news/world/wo...,6383015.story

To say that no one would pick up a knife in the absence of a gun I don't know if the case has been made yet.
    How many died in the knife attack?

Which is the more effective weapon?

Which one can kill more people from 10 feet away? 30 feet?

Lets not get retarded, ok?

I was a doorman. Faced guys with knives, been shot at.

There is NO comparison.

And most criminals and degenerates are criminals and degenerates cause it's easier than being human. Guns make it even easier. These fuckers are too stoned, bummed out, or angry to do anything that requires real effort. Pick up a gun and shoot. It's too fucking easy.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Not as deadly for sure, but It's undeniably a threat.

In May 2010 a chinese guy killed seven children. (with a knife)

That's pretty significant to me.

Can it be said that one is a problem and the other is not significant to the topic of deadly threats?
    Last edited by Modelexis; 12-14-2012 at 11:17 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Just thinking outloud here:

What if we didn't change gun control laws, but made it mandatory that every gun manufactured from now on is made with some sort of RFID tag. And current gun owners, to continue using them, would need to get their guns retrofitted with a permanent RFID tag. That way, lawful owners of guns could continue to use them without issue. But places like schools, theatres and malls could implement RFID scanners - and the second a gun is detected that does not belong to a police officer, gates drop, alarms sound and law enforcement is called.

Wouldn't take much money to implement, and it could save horrors like this from happening.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

jesus christ you guys just dont get it... "omg guns kill tons with ease" you know what else does?! planes getting flown into buildings, bombs on buses or also in buildings... crazy people will find away. the ONLY solution is high security. but the only way that works is if there is still a chance to cause damage in a low security setting. ie. people in jail WILL find a way to cause harm to others. people in public will NOT go all the way through fucking security to cause harm when they can walk into a low security building and kill people

talk about stupid...

some times i wonder how toma has so much fucking education under his belt but fails to use any logic in his online shenanigans

very sad day indeed, gun control means nothing when there are so many people wandering around that need mental health care

I've followed this story all day. I pretty much held it together until someone posted these two things together, and I just lost it, can't even see my monitor....This fucking world.

My Ride
    Highlander

My heart is in a million pieces for the families of the little ones and teachers that were killed today. I keep having day dream nightmares of the same thing happening to my 4 year old son's class. Thank goodness our great country is a little safer than our neighbours to the south, but it still breaks my heart that this kind of danger exists for children. A parent's absolute worst nightmare, and 10 days before Christmas too. I seriously am in tears just thinking about what I would do if that were my family.

Oh and for the record, guns don't kill people. Deranged fuckheads kill people. Banning guns is not going to fix this. Fixing the problems in our society is what is going to fix this, starting with access to free help and support for people with mental illness and distress.

Originally posted by Melinda

Oh and for the record, guns don't kill people. Deranged fuckheads kill people.
    True. However the issue is that the sheer number of guns in the US increases the ease of commiting a crime with a firearm. Especially these mass killings at malls, universitys, office shootings and elementry schools.

Those motivated by whatever it is will always have easy access to a gun the way the system is.

Guns are also hold a high degree of diconnet, pulling the trigger on a gun is no different than the trigger on your xbox controller. Shanking someone in person is vastly different.

Still the biggest reason this happens is the ease of obtaining the gun

The sad reality is these kinds of crimes will never stop.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by OU812
    Those motivated by whatever it is will always have easy access to a gun the way the system is.
    Of course they will, if we keep on acting like broken people aren't broken.

It's stunning how a malfunctioning person can commit a mass murder, and people instantly go to how it happened. Doesn't anyone care why? So what if you take all the guns away, you still have broken people walking around among everyone else. Isn't that the problem we want to fix? I don't understand the mentality of "people are still fucked up, but we've taken away the ability for them to do any major damage so problem solved."

It's not their fault. It's the gun's fault. Or video games. Or TV. Or movies. Or fame from the media. Or Marilyn Manson. It's always someone else's fault, and if we can just eliminate that, everything will be fine. And then we'll all wonder why it keeps happening.

I don't have any problem with a debate about gun control. But this isn't the time or place for it because it's not an issue of gun control. It's an issue of a broken person in a system that allows people like him to do things like this.

I don't want a world where I can't have a gun if I want one. I also don't want a world where I can be killed with several other people. I don't want a world where we have to go through metal detectors or x-ray machines to prove we're not carrying a weapon. I don't want a world where we have armed guards in case someone snaps. I don't want a world where I have to be a cowboy with a six shooter on my hip, in case I cross someone who also has one and I have to kill him before he kills me. Do you know why? Because none of it is the reason for, or cure for, any of the shit that happens, including this.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Originally posted by Toma

How many died in the knife attack?

Which is the more effective weapon?

Which one can kill more people from 10 feet away? 30 feet?

Lets not get retarded, ok?

I was a doorman. Faced guys with knives, been shot at.

There is NO comparison.

And most criminals and degenerates are criminals and degenerates cause it's easier than being human. Guns make it even easier. These fuckers are too stoned, bummed out, or angry to do anything that requires real effort. Pick up a gun and shoot. It's too fucking easy.
    How was the worst school killing in US history committed? Gun? Nope.

My Ride
    Infiniti

Guns are also hold a high degree of diconnet, pulling the trigger on a gun is no different than the trigger on your xbox controller. Shanking someone in person is vastly different.
    Have you ever shot a gun before?

These shootings happened just a few hours south of where I live and it's sad that the process afterwards has become usual. Media covers it 24/7, shows the same interviews over and over again. Then there's the experts, law experts, experts on mental health. Obviously this person had some mental problems but it always sparks the gun control debate.

The guys that set this country up made it explicit that it was the citizens' right to keep and bear arms; no matter what you could not take that right away. So here in this instance just saying that guns should be outlawed is a completely useless statement. If that's your solution then you have chosen the laziest asshole moral high ground there is. Try thinking of a viable solution, I know it's difficult, but the one you just thought of isn't even possible.

When you get down to it this is the same as an unlicensed driver stealing his mothers car and mowing down kids in a playground. You need a license to operate a vehicle and the vehicle needs to be registered but if you steal it you need neither of those. "But the gun makes you disconnected," sure, if you've ever played GTA then mowing down people in a car should be about the same amount of disconnection. There's even a windshield in front of you like a TV screen!

These things happen because guns are available on the black market, they're not locked up properly at home, and people have some SERIOUS mental issues. It is just not going to be easy to legislate problems like this away. Crazies will always find a way to be crazy, if they want to do something they will find a way to do it. Making it illegal does not just make it stop and there are thousands of examples of this.

And why does Toma keep throwing stoned people into the mix? Honestly, really? Are you talking about things other than pot? I hope so man.
    Last edited by streetarab; 12-15-2012 at 09:52 AM.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Originally posted by GTS4tw

How was the worst school killing in US history committed? Gun? Nope.
    That bombing like a hundred years ago? That's what came to mind when this story broke.

Originally posted by streetarab

When you get down to it this is the same as an unlicensed driver stealing his mothers car and mowing down kids in a playground. You need a license to operate a vehicle and the vehicle needs to be registered but if you steal it you need neither of those. "But the gun makes you disconnected," sure, if you've ever played GTA then mowing down people in a car should be about the same amount of disconnection. There's even a windshield in front of you like a TV screen!

These things happen because guns are available on the black market, they're not locked up properly at home, and people have some SERIOUS mental issues. Making it illegal does not just make it stop and there are thousands of examples of this.

Im am talking about the motion of pulling the trigger not the concept of the game.

Perhaps certain amendment rights are outdated?

And due to the sheer # of firearms in the US, how many are not locked up properly? How big is the black market compared to other countries? I am not advocating gun control but there has to be something better than the current system.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

The guns used were registered and licensed to the shooters mother. For what reason a lady needs to own 2 9mm handguns and a rifle is beyond me. If these guns weren't in the possession of this lady the likelyhood of this happening would be far less. True the shooter could venture out into the black market to purchase the guns but just like drug dealers, most arms dealer don't want to deal with people they don't know, and it would be very very expensive to purchase these weapons. Most of the time these crazies don't have a pot to piss in so affording a gun wouldn't be easy.

I truly believe that gun legislation would have prevented this massacre. Until the US get's out of their 18th century mindset and joins the rest of the world disasters like this will continue to occur... don't worry, the president will just come on tv again crying and condemning the act to try and make everyone feel better instead of actually doing anything.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride

Perhaps certain amendment rights are outdated?
    Maybe the First Amendment is outdated. Or the Fourth. Or the Tenth. Or the Thirteenth. Or the Nineteenth. You'd agree that those are important, wouldn't you? Would you support taking away any of those rights if you thought it might reduce crime, even though those rights weren't the cause of crime themselves? Why is it only the Second Amendment that is ever questioned?

My Ride

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    The guns used were registered and licensed to the shooters mother. For what reason a lady needs to own 2 9mm handguns and a rifle is beyond me. If these guns weren't in the possession of this lady the likelyhood of this happening would be far less. True the shooter could venture out into the black market to purchase the guns but just like drug dealers, most arms dealer don't want to deal with people they don't know, and it would be very very expensive to purchase these weapons. Most of the time these crazies don't have a pot to piss in so affording a gun wouldn't be easy.

I truly believe that gun legislation would have prevented this massacre. Until the US get's out of their 18th century mindset and joins the rest of the world disasters like this will continue to occur... don't worry, the president will just come on tv again crying and condemning the act to try and make everyone feel better instead of actually doing anything.
    So it's not his fault. It's her fault for having the guns, and the system's fault for letting her have them.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast