Quantcast
for you new parents... Diaper rash... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: for you new parents... Diaper rash...

My Ride
    4x4

Default for you new parents... Diaper rash...

Ok, so the apprentice has had the worst teething diaper rash for 10+ days now... Literally blistered/raw/bleeding... Gone through 30+ ass creams, 2 prescriptions... Just kept getting worse...

Its gone this morning! Chamomile tea.

Brew the tea, cool, soak a diaper liner (if reusable) or washcloth in it, place on affected area, diaper over...

The liptons/noname kinda worked... But the hippy store stuff worked way better... Literally went from bleeding/blistered to normal in a day (liptons/noname during day yesterday, was improving; then did the hippy store chamomile overnight - gone)

FFS we must have a grand in diaper rash creams in the house now, all it took was a box of 3$ tea bags...

I know a few of you guys have new little ones, perhaps it'll save one of you from having the wife buy every cream known to man...

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

That Lanolin ointment that is used for cracked nipples is awesome too.

My Ride
    POS Voyager

Wow I have never see a diaper rash before. My boy has not even had one sign of diaper rash since he is in cloth diaper

That saves us a lot of chunk of change for all creams and harmful diaper in landfill

Try it out

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Berts bees makes a wicked nappy cream....

My Ride
    2014 GMC Terrain SLE-2 V6

I use a mix of cornstarch and vaseline. Best thing I have found for my son was to let his bum air dry after each diaper change, apply the mix after. Another helpful way is to simply place them in the tub! Water is soothing!

My Ride
    4x4

Like I said, teething, first time its come up, other than a very minor occurance at about a week old (while they were getting treated for thrush). Teething apparently typically causes a bad case - according to the Dr.

were mostly cloth diapers (pampers overnight and when out and about), usually aveeno cream, but since teething came on strong, the red butt got out of control... none of creams seemed to do anything useful.

Happy wife happy life, who the heck would figure an old wives tale would work?

My Ride
    2014 GMC Terrain SLE-2 V6

Teething diaper rash is a constant battle!! I may give this tea a try. It is amazing how many creams out there only seem to make the rash worse!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

With our first, we were in disposables, and we found that different brands affected her diffferently. For some reason, the costco diapers didn't give her a rash, huggies and pampers did.

With #2, we're in cloth, and the rash is much reduced, although sometimes she still gets one. As much air time as possible helps a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

I've got a 7 month old and have been looking out for diaper rash, but no signs of it yet. I'm not sure if she's teething yet or not, as she's drooling quite a bit and has red cheeks the past few days, but no signs of any teeth.

Thanks for the tip with the tea........

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

What is beyond coming to?!? A diaper rash thread gets more responses than a pretty girl posting pics of herself in the hot picture thread..... Maybe the world is ending
    Originally posted by rage2 in 2002
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

a couple years ago I requested that we build a family and children sub-forum within the lounge, and I was rebufffed. I think that idea might gain more traction these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    M5 Competition

No diaper rash for my boy either. I never leave him in dirty diaper, ever! Doesn't matter where we are if he needs changing it happens.

He always gets a coating of Vaseline before we put a diaper on.

At home we always wash him under warm water, we never use wipes. He's never had a rash, ever.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by 89coupe
    No diaper rash for my boy either. I never leave him in dirty diaper, ever! Doesn't matter where we are if he needs changing it happens.

At home we always wash him under warm water, we never use wipes. He's never had a rash, ever.
    Way to imply that if your child has diaper rash, you're a negligent parent.

Must be rinsing in that premium Kinetico water that does it.
    Last edited by blitz; 12-16-2012 at 04:18 PM.

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

+1. We never use wipes, wash with warm water. No rash and my girl is 8+ months.
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Default Re: for you new parents... Diaper rash...

Originally posted by AndyL
    Ok, so the apprentice has had the worst teething diaper rash for 10+ days now... Literally blistered/raw/bleeding... Gone through 30+ ass creams, 2 prescriptions... Just kept getting worse...

Its gone this morning! Chamomile tea.

Brew the tea, cool, soak a diaper liner (if reusable) or washcloth in it, place on affected area, diaper over...

The liptons/noname kinda worked... But the hippy store stuff worked way better... Literally went from bleeding/blistered to normal in a day (liptons/noname during day yesterday, was improving; then did the hippy store chamomile overnight - gone)

FFS we must have a grand in diaper rash creams in the house now, all it took was a box of 3$ tea bags...

I know a few of you guys have new little ones, perhaps it'll save one of you from having the wife buy every cream known to man...
    Your poor little one must have really sensitive skin, I'm glad you found a good fix. I would have never even thought of tea. With my girls I found Penaten and corn starch always did the job, I'm lucky I guess.

My Ride
    jdm b18c

X2 i have two kids and never had a problem with diaper rashes. Change diapers on time, wash bum, let the bum air dry, put on desitin cream and diaper back on.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

This is exactly what we did for our 2 never had a diaper rash ever. Our paediatrician at the hospital told us when we were still in the hospital vaseline after every diaper change it is a great barrier and not even when they were teething did they have a diaper rash. We used both cloth and disposables.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

What are you guys using for eczema?

My 7 month old has it bad on her forehead, cheeks, chest and back. Whenever I'm holding her, she's constantly rubbing her forehead on my beard to itch it.

I've tried Burts Bees, Aveeno Baby and a few others with no luck.

Is Poor Economy to Blame for Rise in Diaper Rash

Kids health or to be more precise, kids skin care issues specifically in the scenario of Pakistani health care are no doubt a main outcome of poor economy. There is a rapid population growth rate while the finances and resources to meet the requirements are very less. Consequently, kids health care, necessarilykids skin care is neglected to a large extent as the parents can’t afford the expensive diapers. The growth rate seen in the sales of diaper rash creams is a direct proof.

According to a statistical survey report, the sales of baby diapers decreased to 9% during the course of last two years in America. America’s deteriorating economy is blamed against these figures. When comes to Pakistani health care, the sales of baby diapers are incomparable to that in America, as we are suffering from even the worst economic conditions. The direct victim of this poor economy are the little kids skin care.

Following are the main reasons for the fall in diapers sales and deteriorating kids health care evident in the shape of increase in diaper rashes!

Low Quality Diapers Available At Low Prices:
    To meet the demand of inexpensive diapers, diaper manufacturers have reduced the quality to a large extent. The cheaper diapers are sure to cause allergies and diaper rashes when discuss the kids skin care issues. In the context ofPakistani health care, most of the parents find it difficult to afford quality products at outrageous prices and have to compromise on their kids health care.

Parents Change Diapers Less Often To Save Money:
    In the Pakistani health care back ground, parents are seen changing diapers less often in order to save money. Again, the victim of these unhygienic choices is the kids skin care. The rashed poor little heinies indicate the poor economy of the country.

Reusable Diapers and Nappy Cloth:
    Many parents who cannot afford diapers use nappy cloth and reusable diapers against disposable baby diapers. This is a major cause of increasing kids health care issues as the cloth is not absorbent enough to keep the skin dry. Increasing kids skin care problems are what they have to bear afterwards. Whom would you crown for these Pakistani health care problems if not the poor economy?

Parental Negligence In Maintaining Hygienic Conditions:
    This is perhaps the only factor which is not relevant to the poor economy rather the lack of hygiene awareness. When comes to Pakistani health care maintenance issue, many parents are to be blamed for their negligence in maintaining the hygiene while handling the kids skin care. Diaper rashes may occur because of the unhygienic sanitary conditions yet this is just a fractional factor. The actual culprit still is the poor economy as it pushes the parents to go for cheaper sanitary mediums for their babies putting aside the kids skin care problems sprouting as the consequence.

The factors contributing the rise in diaper rash are evident that the decrease in the diapers sales and increase in diaper rash ointments are the fruit of poor economy and nothing else!

Originally posted by Pacman
    What are you guys using for eczema?

My 7 month old has it bad on her forehead, cheeks, chest and back. Whenever I'm holding her, she's constantly rubbing her forehead on my beard to itch it.

I've tried Burts Bees, Aveeno Baby and a few others with no luck.
    Have you used the Glaxal Base Moisturizing Cream they sell a big jar of it at Costco, they use it as the base in a lot of prescription lotions.

We also use Bag Balm. You can buy it at UFA and a few places. This is the stuff. If you get to USA Carmex make a great body lotion as well.

http://www.heartlandsaddlery.com/pro...Balm-311g.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast