Quantcast
for you new parents... Diaper rash... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: for you new parents... Diaper rash...

My Ride
    4x4

Yeah, its not letting the little guy sit in dirty diapers, my wife's a nurse... wanna guess why I insisted we get some (now dozens) of cloth diapers?

however him inheriting the old mans sensitive Forrest creature skin is likely (mine is terrible)

the tea was counter intuitive, and dismissed when suggested by family, eventually after some googlefu we decided to try it... after all the advice is always keep them dry, not put something wet down there... wife really objected as it goes against all nursing "wound care" training. But obviously the tea has something that fixes the pH/enzyme issue related to teething...

baygirl - yeah we's getting all growed up here, even had our first hip replacement thread... we're getting old

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Originally posted by Kritafo

Have you used the Glaxal Base Moisturizing Cream they sell a big jar of it at Costco, they use it as the base in a lot of prescription lotions.

We also use Bag Balm. You can buy it at UFA and a few places. This is the stuff. If you get to USA Carmex make a great body lotion as well.

http://www.heartlandsaddlery.com/pro...Balm-311g.html
    I'll try the Glaxal.

I just came back from the US and saw the big Carmex tub of lotion, but I bought some stuff called Exederm instead based on rave internet reviews.

I put some on her cheeks, chest and back today and she formed big red patches wherever I had put the cream that were quite warm to the touch, so I'm not going to use it again.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

my baby 2 weeks old has a little bit on her bum hole (tmi maybe) but that was the only place i havent been putting vaseline because i didnt know i had to. Anyway ive found that sudocream from toysrus/walmart seems to be working pretty well.

Im not sure how you guys have time to wash your babies ass in warm water. at 3am while im stumbling round in the dark- last thing i want to do is use something other than wipes. the kirkland wipes seem pretty good too. And ive been changing the diapers about 10 - 20 times a day. Ive found that our baby wont cry if she poos in her diaper though so she probably got some rash from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Are you sure you guys want to use Vaseline? Maybe try 5W30.

We even stopped the nurses at the hospital from putting on Vaseline to help with the Meconium.

Keeping your kid clean is the key to not having diaper rash. Mine's never had it. He's in cloth at home and his disposables get changed even if he only "squirts" a bit. If his diaper feels like jelly anywhere, it gets changed.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

We've avoided Vaseline too, along with anything petroleum based. Sudeocrem for regular use.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by guessboi

+1. We never use wipes, wash with warm water. No rash and my girl is 8+ months.
    we always used the free wipes from fast food restaurants, washed in cold water using orange degreasing soap, and used Costco disposable diapers 2xtimes. They can be rinsed and dried easily in the oven. 3x time and they'd fall apart.

My girl is 4 now and she's never had diaper rash.

Good anecdotal evidence eh?

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    MDX

Originally posted by Pacman
    What are you guys using for eczema?

My 7 month old has it bad on her forehead, cheeks, chest and back. Whenever I'm holding her, she's constantly rubbing her forehead on my beard to itch it.

I've tried Burts Bees, Aveeno Baby and a few others with no luck.
    We used a combo of glaxol base and aquafor. Worked for our little guy.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by Pacman
    What are you guys using for eczema?

My 7 month old has it bad on her forehead, cheeks, chest and back. Whenever I'm holding her, she's constantly rubbing her forehead on my beard to itch it.

I've tried Burts Bees, Aveeno Baby and a few others with no luck.
    Vitamin D every day.

Aveeno lotion, in the morning, and in the evening before bed.

as for the vaseline comment, it was used on 4 generations in our family with no issues, I'm sure it will work for 4 generations more...lol

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

not sure if my kids had eczema or just really dry skin. We just used vaseline, and it worked pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

In honesty, we just changed her immediately and never left her in a dirty diaper. No ongoing creams or powders ect...

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

What are the negatives of using Vaseline/other petroleum based products?

jibber is offline slower than rage2 at the track
    My Ride
    2021 K1X FB20D GT Sport, 2012 K23 N50 VQ40 SV

We've been using Penaten. It's worked very well on all cases of a sore bum bum my little guy has had. We also got into the habit of applying a little bit every time we changed a dirty diaper and IMHO that has also helped reduce the occurance of an irritated asshole significantly.
    Originally posted by RoseLover
    if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    a couple years ago I requested that we build a family and children sub-forum within the lounge, and I was rebufffed. I think that idea might gain more traction these days.
    +1

We've always used penaten and it usually works within 12 hours. And we have only dealt with it during teething too. Thankfully one is out of diapers now, so only one to go

My Ride
    TRD Pro

5 Months in we have been free of major diaper rash using Kirkland wipes and Pampers swaddlers. (Love the pee stripe)

Our Midwife suggested pure olive oil for small patches of dry skin.. as well as use in the first few days for meconium. We also use some organic cream (forget the brand) when we dont want him too greasy...

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by R-Audi
    5 Months in we have been free of major diaper rash using Kirkland wipes and Pampers swaddlers. (Love the pee stripe)

Our Midwife suggested pure olive oil for small patches of dry skin.. as well as use in the first few days for meconium. We also use some organic cream (forget the brand) when we dont want him too greasy...
    This reminded me of what we did for 8 months. Forgot about it. We used natural almond oil. Olive oil in a pinch.

This is not meant to start an argument, but just stating my opinion.

Vaseline is a Petroleum by product. A newborn's skin absorbs things super fast and their liver and kidneys aren't yet equipped to handle high doses of ANYTHING. It is why you have to be careful with even how much vitamin D you give your kid.

For us, Almond oil was a natural alternative. Our doctor said that up until 6 month, you really only want to expose your kid to things that they can eat. Sunscreen is a no no too. So we took the approach that if you can't eat it, it doesn't go on our kids skin.

We use coconut oil. You actually buy it at natural food store.

It also makes your kid smell like a Pina Colada.

My Ride
    '98 Camry

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    a couple years ago I requested that we build a family and children sub-forum within the lounge, and I was rebufffed. I think that idea might gain more traction these days.
    I always thought that this would be a good idea and would be appropriate for an aging user group.

I can get behind that Penis,

In most cases, diaper rash is caused by:

1) Leaving the baby too long in its piss and shit.

2) No oxygen to the skin. In other words, leave the thing naked for at least an hour a day.

As far as that eczema question goes, it's an allergic reaction. In most cases, it's caused by dairy based formula, or breast milk that contains cow juice.

My Ride

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    I can get behind that Penis,
    This was a lot funnier when I misread it the first time..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast