Quantcast
Saskatoon in trouble for XMAS - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Saskatoon in trouble for XMAS

My Ride
    changes every year

i celebrate because its a day of giving and receiving presents(lol) and because its time off to spend with family. im not religious but i dont care if people are.

this guy is just a tool and anyone else that is offended by something that has been around forever all over the world, can go hide in their houses and shut the fuck up. if you dont want to participate, dont, do your own thing and leave the rest of us that do participate to do our thing.

^^ Exactly. To me , being non-religious I still find it a nice time of the year to spend with family and a good way to 'close down the year' if you will. It's exciting to have all of the baked goods around the office, the Christmas parties, the big dinners, etc.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

I'm tired as hell of this radicalised atheist movement making everyone else who doesn't believe in god look like assholes. Christmas has effectively become secularized at this point, if you're throwing a fit over it and can't enjoy the holiday for what it is you need a new hobby.

I have a general rule of thumb: I don't want to be hassled and told about your beliefs, so I'm not going to hassle and tell you about my lack of beliefs. It's amazing what a little bit of respect gets you in this world. I suspect 99% of the shit this guy takes is largely due to himself.

My Ride
    GT TDi

saskatoon has immigrants? damn i think they checked the ([x] random city) box when coming to canada hahaha
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

It's ridiculous that he's a member of their cultural diversity and race relations committee yet he opposes Christmas. Christmas is hardly a religious holiday anymore, everybody I know celebrates Christmas and a good majority are Atheists or non Christians. Christmas is a cultural holiday now, it's engrained in our Canadian culture and celebrated by an overwhelming majority of Canadians. Incredibly hypocritical for him to speak out against it and still be a member of the cultural diversity committee. I read an article that talked about how he wasn't appointed to be on that committee next year and he's already talking about how he is going to go to the human rights commission over that

My Ride
    changes every year

the more i look at his face, the more i want to punch it. hes totally contradicting himself in what his beliefs are. i bet that he eats the xmas candy and shit that it passed around wherever he is too, he sure looks like he does anyways.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Fixed ya fuggen Atheist!
    Holiday is derived from Holy Day ya fuggen bad Christian!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Apparently, Mr Solo believes in our charter's freedom of religion, but doesn't believe in the charter's freedom of thought, freedom of belief, freedom of expression, nor freedom of the press.

So this might be humorous (IMO). Stay tuned!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Ashu M. G. Solo <[e-mail redacted]>

This thread cyberbullies me, insults me, threatens me, and makes libelous and slanderous comments about me:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/363835/saskatoon-in-trouble-for-xmas/

I want it deleted immediately.
    Beyond Ca
    Mr. Solo, thank you for writing to us with your concerns. Everyone on our discussion forums post their own personal thoughts and opinions. Rarely, if ever, do we ever comply with removal requests such as the one you sent in--can you imagine if negative reviews and opinions were all removed from the internet? Rights to free speech are at the heart of democracy and is essential to human rights and surely someone of your stature should know that. You can provide some examples of where you feel libelous comments are being made if our moderators missed them and we’ll take another look.

Cyberbullying is a serious issue, and we definitely would not want to “push you to the edge” so to speak. However, there is nothing we can, or are required to, do about you being insulted by the opinion of somebody else. Rather than bring that matter to our attention, perhaps you could sign up for an account on our forum and voice your rebuttal directly to others. I think a thorough and civil discussion is the best way to get your point across. Should anybody cross a legal line during that discussion, we’ll gladly take appropriate action.

Thanks again for your time. May your holidays be happy.

Accordingly governed,
    Staff of Beyond.ca

Ashu M. G. Solo <[e-mail redacted]>
    Under Canadian law, it’s illegal to post negative opinions online about someone who isn’t a politician. I’m not a politician. In the U.S., negative opinions are allowed. You’re not in the U.S. Please delete any posts that contain negative remarks about me. I don’t have time to respond to the comments individually.
    ---

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Hahahahahahahahahah. What a moron

/grabs popcorn.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I'm kind of surprised. Doesn't he know the laws well considering he's an activist for charter rights? I dunno, but if it was me, I'd be a damn legal expert in the area. On the other hand, he's complaining about Merry Christmas on a bus. The intelligence just might not be there, but that's just my opinion.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

In my opinion, I think that Mr Ashu M.G. Solo is an idiot for a number of reasons. First of which because I feel that his personal crusade via the media against "Merry Christmas" on the bus's of Saskatoon is in my opinion ridiculous and pedantic, as well as a waste of taxpayer dollars and the human rights commission's time. Secondly because of idiotic allegations of "Christian Indoctrination" at a dinner honoring diversity and volunteers.

It's this kind of rampant Atheism that gives the rest of us Atheists a bad image. To my knowledge, there's no provisions in the Constitution that state "Freedom FROM Religion", and it saddens me to see that Mr Solo has a complete lack of style and grace in that he simply couldn't accept someone blessing him and his meal. What's next, would he spit in the shoes of some little old muslim lady who says "Alhamdulillah" after he sneezes?

So, in short, in my opinion, I think that' Mr Solo has developed a taste for the media and is now just trying to stir up some more press for himself. Oh, and yes, this IS all just opinion and I'm happy to share my opinion like this over anyone who ends up in the public eye voluntarily, such as you Mr Ashu M.G. Solo.

(no, I really don't anything better to do with my time)

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

No one likes me

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by rage2
    I'm kind of surprised. Doesn't he know the laws well considering he's an activist for charter rights? I dunno, but if it was me, I'd be a damn legal expert in the area. On the other hand, he's complaining about Merry Christmas on a bus. The intelligence just might not be there, but that's just my opinion.
    After watching Parking Wars all morning and napping on the couch, I'm convinced that the human race is doomed by the fact that the stupid are outbreeding the intelligent.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

do you think he would fly off the handle if we started photoshopping his picture?

Looks like our legal team just sent out the latest response...

Beyond Ca
    Just so we can expedite this request of yours, we'll need you to send in the examples of these illegal opinions. Everyone including our team is short on time this Christmas season. Sorry if it seems like a bother but we get many requests like this and simply don't have the time to read through all the discussions posted on our forums. Usually we can get a moderator to look at it after you send in a detailed explanation. Should normally take a few days, but like I said its Christmas so it may take a bit longer.

Libel is the type of defamation with a permanent record, like a newspaper, a letter, a website posting. Our laws do not provide protection from personal insult or an remark that injures only your pride; it protects reputation, not feelings. Very often, as I said we have people write in asking us to delete discussions citing libel simply because their feelings get hurt. Eventually though, they realize we only operate a site where people are free to post their opinions and can only cooperate with law enforcement officials once a formal complaint is made. Slander, on the other hand we don’t really deal with since that refers to defamation with no permanent record, like in a spoken statement for example.

You are correct that we are based in Canada, but I am unfamiliar with the law that prohibits negative opinions of an individual from being expressed. Online law library searches have failed to find anything. Unless you can provide that, I’m going to have to chalk that up as a misinterpretation on your part of our charter of rights and freedoms.
    ---

Last edited by Supa Dexta; 12-21-2012 at 07:19 PM.

My Ride
    changes every year

Beyond Ca
    "Just so we can expedite this request of yours, we'll need you to send in the examples of these illegal opinions. Everyone including our team is short on time this Christmas season. Sorry if it seems like a bother but we get many requests like this and simply don't have the time to read through all the discussions posted on our forums. Usually we can get a moderator to look at it after you send in a detailed explanation. Should normally take a few days, but like I said its Christmas so it may take a bit longer.

Libel is the type of defamation with a permanent record, like a newspaper, a letter, a website posting. Our laws do not provide protection from personal insult or an remark that injures only your pride; it protects reputation, not feelings. Very often, as I said we have people write in asking us to delete discussions citing libel simply because their feelings get hurt. Eventually though, they realize we only operate a site where people are free to post their opinions and can only cooperate with law enforcement officials once a formal complaint is made. Slander, on the other hand we don’t really deal with since that refers to defamation with no permanent record, like in a spoken statement for example.

You are correct that we are based in Canada, but I am unfamiliar with the law that prohibits negative opinions of an individual from being expressed. Online law library searches have failed to find anything. Unless you can provide that, I’m going to have to chalk that up as a misinterpretation on your part of our charter of rights and freedoms. "

i absolutely love that whatever lawyer sent this out, looks like he could be a regular poster on beyond due to the sarcasm and "poke poke" in the words he chose lol

i also absolutely love that pic and christmas too!! HAHAH

My Ride
    Pushbroom

"Accordingly Governed" hahaha nice touch!

Merry Christmas, Mr. Solo

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Mr. Solo (how fitting, as he is probably solo this Christmas) needs to fill out a hurt feelings report and send it to the human rights comission. Also, in my opinion, he needs to get a life. Being an attention whore (when you aren't a chick) is bad form and unbecoming of oneself. The fact that he was able to find a thread on himself on the Beyond foruma just goes to show he has a little too much time on his hands. Maybe he should go and volunteer at one of those dastardly religious churches over the holidays and help people who truly need help, rather than being butthurt through written word about how erroneously his rights and freedoms are being trampled.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast