Quantcast
iPad2 screen repair/local repair shop question - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: iPad2 screen repair/local repair shop question

Default iPad2 screen repair/local repair shop question

I have an iPad2 that had the screen break and took it to a local shop for repair. They replaced the screen 8 days ago, however the new screen was not properly glued/taped down. Last night it lifted about 2-3mm by the home button, (enough to get something under the screen), so I pushed it down. The second I pushed it down, the corner of the new glass broke. The shop I had this done at says they have a 10day guarantee, yet today they would not warranty anything and would only charge me for a new screen repair.

I normally don't like to complain, however if they would have fixed the screen properly the first time...I wouldn't have had to pay for this same repair 8 days later.

What do you think? I am asking to much for them to properly change the screen? Or is this my fault for pressing the lifting screen down?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It's your fault for pressing the lifting screen down. Should've just went back and had them fix the screen.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Fair enough, my natural reaction was to press the screen down...seemed like a logical solution as my son was playing with it. I guess in today's age I figured a reputable business should stand up for their repairs (gluing the screen down properly). Just bite the bullet for $120 and try a different repair shop? Brutal mentality.

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by rage2
    It's your fault for pressing the lifting screen down. Should've just went back and had them fix the screen.
    I agree, but really they should re-do it for the cost of parts only.

I agree with rage, but any honest and reputable business should notice the screen is loose, open it up and see the foreign object in there, and then stand behind their work and fix it for free.

My family has been running a small auto repair shop since 1957, and you wouldn't beleive how much "free" parts and service we "give out" in order to have outstanding customer service. Many people view that as losing money, but really it's just the cost of doing good business. This is part of the reason the the shop has been rated a number of times by local media outlets (doing undercover shops, etc.) as one of the top auto repair shops in the MPLS/St. Paul metro area.

If that guy isn't at least willing to take a look at it for you, I would take my business elsewhere. He probably won't be around too long anyhow.
    Last edited by FixedGear; 12-21-2012 at 02:02 PM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

My screen broke all around the edges about 3 months ago. I looked at iphix rates for replacing the screen and at ~$200 i wasnt having any of that - so I just scotch taped over the broken bits (since the glass is still being held together by the lcd - and carried on using it.

I hate how its so easy to break the glass though - i have dropped my ipad onto lino about 3 times from half a metre and its never broken - dropped it 20cm onto carpet and it shatters.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

With US Walmart selling new ipad for $399, there really isn't any point in paying $200 to fix the screen

Originally posted by FixedGear
    With US Walmart selling new ipad for $399, there really isn't any point in paying $200 to fix the screen
    Good point, I will leave this one be with the corner crack...better than before at least as the entire screen was smashed. Next time I will take any repairs to iPhix...I just wish I would have taken it there first!