Quantcast
The Somewhat-Official Xmas What-Did-You-Get 2012 thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The Somewhat-Official Xmas What-Did-You-Get 2012 thread

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Default The Somewhat-Official Xmas What-Did-You-Get 2012 thread

As I do every year, here is the thread for posting what you received (or gave, if you so desire saying so) for Christmas 2012. Yes, this thread is a bit materialistic, but I equate it to when you were a kid, got the COOLEST toy for Christmas... what did you want to do? Run and show all the other kids

As I know some people celebrate gifts on the Eve, and the spirit of the holiday on Christmas Day, I am posting this thread up, as I do every year, on the morning of the Eve

So, if you want to, post up what you received, and let's share in the experience of being 10 again and showing the other kids the coolest toys
    Geek

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

So far: Bottle of Jack from the techs at work and a COOP giftcard from the General Manager.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

So far, I have only received two items, but that doesn't stop me from making a post!

As we do the gift exchange early where i live, as both the roomies and I have conflicting schedules, I have received a $50 donation in my name to Child's Play in return for the Humble Indie Bundle 7. This is probably the most poignant gift I've received this year, as I am a fervent supporter of Child's Play, donating systems and games to them in the past as well as monetary donations.

I also self-gifted again this year, except instead of wasting it on "Fun" stuff like the Steam sale or computer parts, I invested in two sports coats, one heavier, one lighter, for different occasions. One needed to be ordered in, but this one is hanging in my wardrobe right now:

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Geek

My Ride
    car

I received a healthy baby girl. Celebrating baby's first Christmas this year as well. My gift came early in July but was the best gift I ever got. Most rewarding gift ever is fatherhood. I would not want anything else.

As for giving. I searched high and low but could not find perfectgift for my wife. I got several things but could not top hers.

Everyone else was just the same usual stuff lol.

My Ride
    GTIR->SE-R->RDX->SLT->S60->LS460

^^Kinda hard to follow that. I got a compressor for the garage. Have to wait till Christmas morning for all the tools and accessories though

Stupidity is a disease we all have, it's like a form of brain herpes. Outbreaks will occasionally occur.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I spent a lot more on gifts this year than ever before, bought multiple presents for my parents and best friends.

I think the most important are a framed photo of the kitten we unfortunately had to put down earlier this year from last Christmas with a bow stuck on him, its surely going to be touching for my mom as she really loved him.

I got my dad a framed photo of this which was taken on fathers day this year of us side by side at Auto X.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Nobody loves me Probably won't really get anything this year except what I buy myself, no gf, parents are living in a trailer while they build their acreage so not in a very christmasy mood, I usually just spend a lot of times with friends which realistically is the best gift

As for presents that I am buying myself, I'm fixing the rally car after I crashed it last race:

click for larger version

click for larger version

Merry Christmas to me, here's your $5k bill!
    Last edited by HiTempguy1; 12-24-2012 at 12:12 PM.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Twin Cam: that photo of you side by side is kick ass... being able to see the two of you looking at each other, I can imagine the sly smile and head nod from the dad going "Watch me school ya, sonny!"

Geek

My Ride
    2011 5.0 FX4

So far I've gotten the Wii U Deluxe+ZombiU (Birthday/X-mas present), Drakkar Noir cologne, and a $200 gift card to Rogue Fitness.

My Ride
    Car

So far I've gotten a few gimmicks from gift exchanges (poster, bobblehead, gift card to the tower's coffee shop) and a bunch of birthday presents - duvet & cover, clock, magic bullet. Will find out what the rest of the loot is tomorrow.

But honestly, those three things are all I told anybody I wanted.... so no idea whats left for tomorrow, unless somebody splurged on the beatles vinyl box set

My Ride
    z31,es2, multiple TE72

got a tv from the parents early, the gf bought me a nardi deepcorn.
    bought myself a new turbo and car shit lol
    HIGH ROLLA MOTORSPORTS
    86 300zx Turbo, Multiple TE corolla stuffs

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Had a earlish xmas with brother in law and opened some presents on 22nd. Got a scarf from my wife and a ice fishing trip for me and some friends.

Parents gave me a subscription to any magazine I want - just got to decide which one.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

"Santa" (a fun/silly gift) gave me SSX for PS3 Installing the update now and will play an hour before sleeping :P
    Geek

My Ride
    Sentra

We only "open" one present on Xmas eve. And it's always a new set of PJs from my mother in law. So that's all I've got so far. Not counting the Nexus 4 I bought myself last week and the new PC LCD monitors from a week ago too.

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

I have PJ's, Flashpoint season 1, headphones, MP3 player, 2 watches and chocolate. How do I know what I'm getting? I picked it all out myself for the most part. There is one surprise because I can't remember what I told him to buy me
    Originally posted by rage2 in 2002
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100.

My Ride
    Sentra

oops, wrong thread
    Last edited by GoChris; 12-25-2012 at 12:24 AM.

My Ride
    cbr600, z71 sierra, 4x4 kodiak

Trailer hitch and a winch for my quad so far
    Hittin' every hole

1999 gmc sierra z71, 5.3L 4x4
    2004 cbr600f4i
    2008 kodiak 450

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

A cheese sampling set from the wife! Best present ever, I LOVE cheese Also some chocolates. Cheese and chocolate haha, I could live on this stuff forever (and die young)

Will know more tomorrow. Normally we open it the eve, but wife was working the evening shift so we heading over to my parent's house tomorrow to open additional presents.

My Ride
    Calgary Transit/Corolla

not sure what i got from the parents and family yet outside of some cash.

but the gf got me dark knight trilogy and some clothes (we opened gifts together tonight cause otherwise we are with our families) and a coule of other things that she said she left under her tree from her parents for me.

stoked to see what i got from my parents though they both seemed really secretive this year lol

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Our 3 year old daughter got an iPad type device with jake and the never land pirates game for it, our other 8 year old daughter got her own netbook and facebook page (locked down tight of course with only family and close friends as her friends). Baygirl got a couple sweet watches and chocolate. I got a kick ass Nixon watch and awesome batman hoodie.

I wonder what 89coupe's daughter got? a can of sprite?
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast