Quantcast
Medical Radiologic Tech (SAIT) interview questions - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Medical Radiologic Tech (SAIT) interview questions

Default Medical Radiologic Tech (SAIT) interview questions

Wondering if anyone here has any experience in an interview at SAIT for the MRT program?

My S/O has a group interview with 3 other students at once. It's in a few weeks but it's always nice to have a heads up to know what she'll be going into.

Thanks for your help!

My Ride
    CBR 929

Depends, they are always changing the process constantly.

I did the DMS program and in my year it was mini interview "stations". Basically you rotated through tables and each person asked you only one question, you only had so many minutes to answer each question as well. I think in my year they did the same process for all the imaging programs but it may be more tailored to each program going forward which is what it sounds like.

Tell her to treat it like a job interview and to dress accordingly, people showed up in sweats and baggy sweaters, jeans and stuff when I went for mine.

[url]

Cool, good to know. I found an old thread on beyond which said something similar to yours.

Sounds from the email that it'll be a panel interview with multiple interviewers and multiple interviewees at the same time, and says specifically that you cant/shouldnt repeat the same answer as the person before you; Also it's timed.

I know she'll do well, just wasnt sure if its more job-specific or behavioural. I would imagine that since she did the career investigation that it'll be more behavioiural, what-if questions.

Wow I had no idea getting into the programs was this long and drawn out lol. I did some googling and found pretty much what was already said here. My guess is it'll be behavioral what if type things or scenario based questions to find the "correct" fit.... So go for politically correct answers. And research the role like u said and the different technologies available and the machines that are used. Who knows how specific they might be but the more u know abt them is probably gonna make u stand out more than those that come in sweats and don't know shit all abt the machines and terminology. Check out job postings on ahs as well a lot of other jobs prefer that u know some medical terms etc

My Ride
    CBR 929

Yes trying to use proper terminology would be helpful, but I agree, most of my questions were behavioral based. I do believe it will only be Xray instructors performing her interview though if it is panel and program based. Occasionally if they are short someone the Dean of the programs or another imaging instructor may sit in.

Was she required to job shadow anywhere for the application? If she was not but did anyhow, I would try and slip that in an answer somewhere too. I was shocked how many people applied to these programs and never job shadowed...

She will need to be concise with her answers-I think I had 6 or 7 questions at mine? We had 2 minutes to read the question and 6 minutes to answer it. They interview probably over a hundred people so not a lot of time for each one.

[url]

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

If they asking behavioral questions, she should familiarize herself with answering them in the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format.

I've sat in on many interviews where behavioral questions were asked, and the top candidates always answered in this format. Their answers were clear, concise and to the point.

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Echo

Here are some of the questions they asked a few years ago:

* If you were a clerk in a retail business and a disgruntle customer wanting his money back without a receipt. What do you do?

* You are staying with your cousin in Red Deer for a practicum. She sold the house and you have 3 months left. What do you do?

* The health care wants to put a $10 levy on every visit to a health care centre. What is your view on this?

I have forgotten the other two. But from these, you get the idea. I believe the interview questions are based on patient care.

Good luck...
    2004 Toyota Echo

All good input there. If theyre questions like those that Daxin had it shouldnt be too difficult. She has a lot of experience in medical environment to draw from so as long as she can articulate herself in a manner similar to what Pacman had talked about then she will do well.

We've gone over some practice stuff and just basically sat down and discussed her experiences for her to recall them easier during interview.

Thanks for the help!

I'm curious, how would you guys answer those 3 hypothetical questions that Daxin posted?

For future reference, the questions this year were the following:

1. What is an attribute that would make you a good MRT?
    2. Tell about stressful situation, how you dealt with it and what was the outcome?
    3. How do you adjust to a new work environment and blend in with coworkers and supervisors?
    4. Why would you be a good a MRT?

I suppose these are typical behavioural questions. Interview went well for her; 2 of the girls clambered up and either gave short answers which they chose not to expand on after being asked otherwise they answered the question by saying "i really want to get into this program because I'll try really hard and do well".

hey any chance you s/o remembers how long it took between sending in the career investigation and getting notification of an interview?
    I just sent mine in on friday and am out of province, trying to get an idea as to how long i'll be waiting. and they say anything about when to expect acceptance letters?

She/We are also out of province, took a hell of a lot faster to get an interview. Think she heard back for the interview 2-3 weeks after she sent the investigation. And I believe it'll be 2-3 weeks after the interview that she is offered a seat.

thanks man really appreciate it! hope I hear back

Looks like they move in weeks of 2...she received her acceptance letter today, and will be putting her tuition deposit down as required by the end of the month, otherwise they offer the seat to someone else!

oh wow. well I hope there are still spots left and that I didn't miss out by applying too late

You should be alright, they say the program may exceed more than 40 dont they? Anyways, Good Luck!

My Ride
    Acura EL

Resurrecting this thread from the dead....

I've applied to this program and want to ensure I'm ready for the interview (if I get to the next stage). Does anyone have additional information since the last replies 7 years ago, lol.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Nothing helpful to add so I'll just say good for you, and good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Consider looking into MMI prep for med schools. It's something you can loosely prepare for.

Best of luck! I remember applying for RT a few years ago and despite having a Master's degree, they were adamant my High School marks weren't good enough (and they weren't lol).
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    V8s

Wtf haha, what kind of program would consider high school marks when you've already completed post secondary :nuts:

(well, obviously this program does... but that's horseshit IMO)