Quantcast
Need a meal plan! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need a meal plan!

My Ride
    This and that.

So with this diet and regular'ish weight training, can I expect fat loss/muscle gain? I don't care about my weight, it's the fat/flab I want to get rid of and re-gain my muscle that I lost due to no exercise these past few months and perhaps get a little bit bigger.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by FixedGear

I don't know, that's why I was asking and not telling. I did read one of Lyle McDonald's books though, and 700-1000 seems about right for this guys stats(assuming he isn't very active, which is why he has a gut in the first place).
    Ok, good thing you mention Lyle.

I have his Rapid fat loss book, and yes eating 1000 cals/day DOES lead to fat loss, but as per his book it's also to be done for a MAXIMUM of 12 days. Longer than this usually leads to muscle loss, mood, hormones and a bunch of other issues.

Anyway that said, the best way to loose fat is to change your lifestyle. That's what the diet I posted slowly does.

Your post did include the word "best". In fact I think fasting for 24 hours would be the best way to loose fat in 24 hours
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Originally posted by shakalaka
    So with this diet and regular'ish weight training, can I expect fat loss/muscle gain? I don't care about my weight, it's the fat/flab I want to get rid of and re-gain my muscle that I lost due to no exercise these past few months and perhaps get a little bit bigger.
    You can at the very MINIMUM expect fat loss and retention of muscle. It all depends on your metabolism and more importantly genetics.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Originally posted by woodywoodford
    Wouldn't 700-1000 not even be enough to sustain a young adult? My gut is mostly from beer/mcdonalds btw lol. But also the sedentary lifestyle.
    well yes, but it is OK for adults who are looking to lost fat. At the end of the day, the only way to lose fat is to have a calorie deficit -- i.e., you use more calories than you eat, and the balance comes from fat storage. If you're eating 2300 calories/day, you may have fat loss, but it will be much slower than if you are eating 700 calories/day.

Originally posted by Darkane

as per his book it's also to be done for a MAXIMUM of 12 days.
    I'm not arguing with you, just asking as I'm not an expert in this, but for a cat 2 guy (like OP), doesn't Lyle's book recommend a 2-6 week duration with 1 free meal and 5 hr refeed per week? I think the 12 day limit applies only to cat 1, which OP is not.
    Last edited by FixedGear; 01-09-2013 at 09:36 PM.

My Ride

I'm not arguing with you, just asking as I'm not an expert in this, but for a cat 2 guy (like OP), doesn't Lyle's book recommend a 2-6 week duration with 1 free meal and 5 hr refeed per week? I think the 12 day limit applies only to cat 1, which OP is not.
    No, you're quite right.

I don't think the OP is deep into Cat 2 anyway seeing he's 6' tall.

Regardless, that diet is a tool to use but can lead to fat gain right after and retaining muscle is very difficult while doing it.

It just doesn't solidify any new eating habits.

-H.P. Lovecraft

I don't want to hijack the thread, but darkane, what is your opinion of ec stacks? Do those make you "tweaked" so you feel weak and can't concentrate? Or are they fairly benign?

I don't want to hijack the thread, but darkane, what is your opinion of ec stacks? Do those make you "tweaked" so you feel weak and can't concentrate? Or are they fairly benign?
    I ran a ec stack once. Never again am I doing that. I felt real messed up on it. I assumed that my body would get tolerant so I powered through to a full dosage day and that is the last time I did it. I felt like my heart was gonna give.

It is presumably supposed to work amazingly (studies have been done) but it all depends on if you can handle it. Perhaps I should have taken aspirin with it. There are only two fat loss supplements that I have tried and liked. The first being animal cuts (I love how you can just take the caffeine pill out if you have to take it later in the day) and the old oxyelite pro (I wish I had stocked up with a few extra bottles before they stopped being sold).

Originally posted by elite

I ran a ec stack once. Never again am I doing that. I felt real messed up on it. I assumed that my body would get tolerant so I powered through to a full dosage day and that is the last time I did it. I felt like my heart was gonna give.
    Yea, that's what I'm worried about. Even when I drink too much coffee, I get all jittery and weak, and get overloaded and can't concentrate on my work. I hate that.

Hey Darkane, I appreciate that you may be mad busy or just don't feel like doing it but here's my stats, I'd love a plan as well if you have time.

Stats:

35yrs old/170lbs/5'10

Training:

Started with a trainer in August 2011, going 2 times a week with him, 2 times on my own, lots of "functional training" with core, stability, higher reps, super sets etc...did great things for my cardio and i toned up. Then I switched it up.

I've been doing 5x5 seriously since February 2012 with a break in Jul-mid sept due to injury on set and being really busy.

5x5 is M-W-F plus one day of cardio, usually weekends or where I can squeeze it in.

BF was 21% august 2011. I will assume around 17-18% now (will get measured today and update)

I used to take BCAA's, glutamine, L carnitine, creatine, omega 3-6-9s, vit C, vit D (no sun here in Van), a multivitamin and a greens pill.

I take Vega One protein as a meal supplement once a day http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12895335

and Vega Sport Performance Protein after a workout
    http://vegasport.com/en/recover/performance-protein

My diet sucks. Way too much sugar, pizza, carbs, salt, candy and bullshit. Seriously. It's fucking awful. I don't like cooked veggies all that much so I eat a lot of salads instead. Just started liking sushi though...tuna rolls haha!

That being said, I am getting an extracter/juicer by tomorrow (amazon) and plan on 2 shakes a day with lots of greens (spinach, kale, broccoli etc with banana and blueberry and a my vega protein...unless you suggest otherwise?

Wanted to give you more than enough info in case you have a chance to do up a plan.

Thanks man!

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Darkane, basically each meal has similar macros but different foods? Doesn't matter if you switch things up as long as it's say 40%P, 30%F, 30%C it looks like.
    Looks reasonable, do you cut out carb after 7pm?

I find I can reach the fat and carb numbers no problem. Getting enough protein is not as easy. I did find some canned pacific salmon with 42g of protein per can.

My Ride

Wow lots of responses from people. I got some Pm's as well lol.

Anyway, yes BigBadBoss101 - that is the split. As a diet progresses tweaks are made to carbs usually AND/OR activity levels to satisfy further caloric expenditures.

The diet I wrote for Woody can basically be adopted for everyone.

I would say take 50 cals away/day per 10lbs of body weight.

So for Zorro, @170 just do around 2000 cals/day with one additional meal per training day.

The 50 cals should come from protein for now. Lets make it Real easy, take away 10g of protein per meal EXCEPT the 5 eggs at the last meal. Keep that the same.

Easy.

I'd very much like to write you all specialized diets, but to be honest I can't.

I'm not that good at it, but I can certainly write a "blank" diet for everybody like Woody's and as you guys drop fat I can help you Adjust it.

The most important thing is to follow the foods I outlined. That will be the biggest difference.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Sorry Woody If I'm getting off track in your thread.

Anyway, at First I was against it reading a lot about Adrenal fatigue and stuff like that.

But I went ahead and Tried it. Ran it for 8 weeks, 200mg Caff, 24mg Ephedrine dosed x3 day.

I'm not to bad with caffeine tolerance so it was ok for me.

The first week I did Caff 200mg, and 16mg of Eph to adjust. The first day I did 8mg of Eph since I've never used it before.

I read a study I believe that it will increase your basal metabolism by around 10%. Lets say an average person like Zorro @170 maintains around 2500 calories, you'll burn an additional 250/day give or take.

That's MAYBE an additional 2 lbs of fat/month. It's not a miracle thats for sure.

Most people see WATER weight when they dose the ECA. Also Asprin is just used for thinning of the blood incase high blood pressure is an issue.

Hope that helped.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Car

Anybody wanna suggest some good whey?

My Ride

Originally posted by woodywoodford
    Anybody wanna suggest some good whey?
    When I say 50g, I mean 50g of protein FROM whey.

So Looking at the label 50g of protein might be 1.5 scoops. Depending how pure your whey protein is, it could be up to 60g of actual whey volume.

Your best bet is a whey Isolate which is very pure.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Car

Originally posted by Darkane

When I say 50g, I mean 50g of protein FROM whey.

So Looking at the label 50g of protein might be 1.5 scoops. Depending how pure your whey protein is, it could be up to 60g of actual whey volume.

Your best bet is a whey Isolate which is very pure.
    Ah gotcha, I was thinking probably that. I've got muscle milk right now which tastes pretty good but not sure what the nutrition info is like (not at home right now)

Thanks Darkane!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2