Quantcast
Apple sues Polish grocery store lol - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Apple sues Polish grocery store lol

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Originally posted by Feruk

You're applying North American logic thinking "dot" gets translated. It should in Polish, but my family back there and most people I met travelling assume it's implied and don't say it (slang). I'd also be bet that's the way it's advertised. So it'd actually be just "ah-peh-elh" which sounds quite a bit like Apple. Apple's still grasping at straws though.
    I'm polish and have been to Poland countless times. I don't think I've heard them not acknowledge the dot in url. I might be wrong since I never paid attention though.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by thetransporter

or like what they did my friend?
    http://www2.canada.com/calgaryherald...9-88af7a0a6345
    Sounds like Apple suing him was the best thing that ever happened to him.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Sounds like I should be buying domains!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

Originally posted by blitz

Sounds like Apple suing him was the best thing that ever happened to him.

i 100% agree.!! but hes been doing other things and does not even share with me.

^LMAO

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

It's because of shit like this why I'm not a supporter of Apple.

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by dj_patm
    I'm polish and have been to Poland countless times. I don't think I've heard them not acknowledge the dot in url. I might be wrong since I never paid attention though.
    Right on brother! I was born in Poland myself and lived there for a while. That was before the internet though. Last couple times I went back, I noticed that in conversations some will say "kropka" and some won't, but on advertisements (especially TV advertisements) it's practically never said. I only remember it because I found it bizarre.

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

Originally posted by davidI
    It's because of shit like this why I'm not a supporter of Apple.
    "but apple computers never get viruses"

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 03-24-2013 at 10:09 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by codetrap
    How very socially conscious of you.

Them going off and suing everyone for everything just makes them look like a classless company to me.

I also hate how they constrain their products to Apple interfaces and force you into using their systems for everything. I think it all ties in to making them a protectionist, monopolist firm. Not freemarket at all.

I wholeheartedly support Google in their vision and ability to allow for collaboration from external sources and will therefore support them and their devices.

Same as I support Red Bull as my energy drink of choice, not for the taste or effect, but because I enjoy the athletes and events they sponsor.

I vote on corporate values and integrity with my dollar. Fine with me if you don't give a fuck...that's why these ridiculous corporate practices continue to occur.

My Ride

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

iLife my iPhone and iPad. They're easy to use & they never break. They also do exactly what I want them to do.
    They never break? Compared to what?

They do what you want? Compared to what?

My Ride

Compared to you mom? Why do I have to compare them? Oh wait, I don't, because they do exactly what I want.
    That's "Mother" to you

Seriously, I was going to delete my reference to your, "it does what I want" comment from my previous post, as your comment is subjective. What isn't subjective however, is your comment that, "they never break".

I've been in the computer repair industry for over 15 years, and I assure you, Apple products are no more reliable than equivalent competitors products. By "equivalent", I mean the common end user NOT ludicrously comparing their $1500 Mac book Pro to their previous $400.00 bottom of the barrel (insert company) laptop.

Note: You can get a very good quality $400.00 laptop from companies such as Lenovo or Asus.

I could state similar to the iPhone and Ipad, but meh for now, as the real reason I started this thread was to expose the current "fashoinable" trend toward Apple, and the erroneous proganda against Microsoft. In other words, why haven't we seen a NY Times headline that says, "Apple attacks a Polish grocery store"?

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Is Apples law department now a revenue stream for the company?

Originally posted by kvg
    Is Apples law department now a revenue stream for the company?
    Ding Ding Ding

Now we're getting somewhere.

My Ride

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

As for the companies you support, well, nobody is perfect eh?
    http://www.wired.com/business/2012/0...oogle-is-evil/
    US Regulators found no fault: http://www.breakingnews.com/item/ahZ...manipulation-w

Another reason I dislike Steve Jobs / Apple is no one can find a record of charitable donations. Yes, there is a slight chance he anonymously donated, but given his 'greater than thou' attitude I sincerely doubt it.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ll.html?pg=all

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Sorry, Mother. I'm sure you can get a good laptop. When it comes to laptops and PCs, I'm not an apple user, or a fan really. When it comes to my iPhone and my iPad, I can say, "they never break" because in the few years I've had them, they've never broken. I can't say that for EVERY apple device out there, but I most certainly can for the ones I own. I can't say the same for the non apple personal computing devices I own, because I've had to fix/repair/replace them all at one time or another due to something cratering. Yes, it's totally subjective, but yes, it's also totally accurate.
    You must have never dropped your phone, or you have a massive case on it. I've never seen any other phone's screen shatter like iphone screens. They seem to break if you look at them wrong.

For comparison, i've had my moto atrix for about 2 years, and i've dropped it on concrete from waist height a number of times and the phone has survived them all without more than a scratch if it landed on the body, zero damage if it landed on the screen.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    1989 JDM SW20, 2013 Civic LX 5Spd

Originally posted by Seth1968

That's "Mother" to you

Seriously, I was going to delete my reference to your, "it does what I want" comment from my previous post, as your comment is subjective. What isn't subjective however, is your comment that, "they never break".

I've been in the computer repair industry for over 15 years, and I assure you, Apple products are no more reliable than equivalent competitors products. By "equivalent", I mean the common end user NOT ludicrously comparing their $1500 Mac book Pro to their previous $400.00 bottom of the barrel (insert company) laptop.

Note: You can get a very good quality $400.00 laptop from companies such as Lenovo or Asus.

I could state similar to the iPhone and Ipad, but meh for now, as the real reason I started this thread was to expose the current "fashoinable" trend toward Apple, and the erroneous proganda against Microsoft. In other words, why haven't we seen a NY Times headline that says, "Apple attacks a Polish grocery store"?
    LOL i get this all the time too. So many people I know go from a 1st gen blackberry curve to an iPhone 4 or 5 and say how shitty all blackberries are, or android devices are, or window devices are because their iPhone could do everything but suck their dick (and im sure they'd use it for that if the phone could).

"Wahhh my 10 year old 400$ laptop freezes on windows 7! Windows is garbage! *generic brand* pc's are garbage! Im getting a 1 click wonder mac! It'll never break!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast