Quantcast
Idle No More protests target bridges, roads across Canada - Page 27 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Idle No More protests target bridges, roads across Canada

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Originally posted by frizzlefry

Putting the Japanese in camps happened a generation ago. Don't see the Japanese whining. My father in-law lost two uncles to camps in WW2. One was shot by Germans, the other starved by Russians. He does not bitch much either.

My father in law grew up in a communist Poland. He was taught that his relatives were traitors, that the Russians invaded to save them from Nazis (if you know your history a complete lie) and life generally sucked. The Russians took all their food, many people starved and everyone was poor.

He managed to escape (would have been shot if caught) and came to Canada. Eventually he snuck back into communist Poland and rescued my mother in law. This happened to him. Directly. Not some long distant relative. He never complains or says the Russians owe him anything. Guess what the current Polish government's stand on the re-education camps and genocide that the Russians did to Poland only 110 years ago and the political, religious and financial oppression that followed until 1989 is?

"Lets move on."

That kind of sentiment is commonly shared by leaders of profitable bands. The reserve system and treaties that idle no more wants more money thrown at is a system of oppression by charity. Only once they refuse the charity, leave the old ideas of reserve institutionalization (which, in contrast to Communist Poland, they are more than free to do anytime they want), pull up their britches and move on from their sense of entitlement will they be able to be truly help themselves and better their people. Period.
    Good post. To put things into perspective, beyond's demographic (20-35?), their parents probably would have attended residential school (if native). My mom is early 50's and she survived the residential school system, same with her sisters and brother.

She doesn't "whine" as you put it and she never taught her kids to feel victimized by the system. She actually left that shitty upbringing behind her and obtained two university degrees and is a teacher.

Some of those "whiney" protesters were in the residential school system. And if you do some investigating you can find out the shit that went on there.

With that being said, I think for FN to move forward the message needs to resonate that in this generation of native peoples, we are not and will not be victims. Just like anyone who has experienced some kind of traumatic episode in their life, you need to move past it before you can move forward and be productive. And honestly, I think the youth are moving in that direction.

Here is a short video of Wab Kinew, I think he brings a fresh and positive attitude to the situation.

Edit:here is his tv series. An in depth look at some of the issues

http://www.cbc.ca/doczone/8thfire//2...-8th-fire.html
    Last edited by sxtasy; 01-30-2013 at 12:02 PM.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by sxtasy

Good post. To put things into perspective, beyond's demographic (20-35?), their parents probably would have attended residential school (if native). My mom is early 50's and she survived the residential school system, same with her sisters and brother.

She doesn't "whine" as you put it and she never taught her kids to feel victimized by the system. She actually left that shitty upbringing behind her and obtained two university degrees and is a teacher.

Some of those "whiney" protesters were in the residential school system. And if you do some investigating you can find out the shit that went on there.

With that being said, I think for FN to move forward the message needs to resonate that in this generation of native peoples, we are not and will not be victims. Just like anyone who has experienced some kind of traumatic episode in their life, you need to move past it before you can move forward and be productive. And honestly, I think the youth are moving in that direction.

Here is a short video of Wab Kinew, I think he brings a fresh and positive attitude to the situation.

Great post and 100% agree. I would like to apologize, in a recent post I said "natives should not throw stones......". I was being crass and meant idle no more, not natives as a whole. But that's what this bring up the past and look to assign responsability for it shit does. It divides people. It brings up resentments in everyone. "Moving on" is not defeatist or easy. In fact its very very hard to do. Some idle no more people would say moving on is a cop out or giving up when in fact its damn hard. But moving on is, as history shows and europe very well learned to hard way, the best way to allow feelings of negativity and resentment fade away. And then life can go on burden free of past aggressions.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Looks like the NDP are finding new ways to lose another election:

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/...pear-credible/

Cliffs: NDP is teh stoopid.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by jutes
    Looks like the NDP are finding new ways to lose another election:

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/...pear-credible/

Cliffs: NDP is teh stoopid.
    Lol, nice work ndp

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

So did any changes come of this?
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by msommers
    So did any changes come of this?
    Yes, natives lost what little credibility they had and the general public despises them even more than before.

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

Last edited by 1barA4; 03-26-2013 at 07:05 AM.
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I wouldn't gamble with a DP on one of these.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-16-2019 at 02:09 PM.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    ^^ Of course not, Nenshi is just a spineless purple jellyfish when push comes to shove
    WTF did that have to do with Nenshi?

These guys are back protesting the gas pipeline in BC

Apparently they are blocking the intersection of Edmonton Trail & Memorial Dr. Stay away from that area if you don't want delays

source including video: https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/com...ublic_protest/
    Last edited by sabad66; 02-10-2020 at 03:20 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

What a bunch of valuable contributors to society.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Where are the fucking Police to stop this bullshit?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Kinda ironic it's an Idle No More protest that's blocking traffic and making everyone stuck in traffic Idle their cars and poison the air they breath.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Probably protecting them from being hit by vehicles.... like they did with the climate protesters in Edmonton last Oct. The cops formed a line in front of the group of idiots to protect them from the public.

Bottom line - protesters blocking roads and bridges are facing no consequences or resistance from police.

You can see the EPS forming a protective line in front of them in the video in this article: https://globalnews.ca/video/5999786/...monday-morning
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Oh I know. It's completely ok to break the law, for some.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Police did nothing when they did their protest in Edmonton. Luckily I watched the news before leaving for work to avoid that bridge. One guy took matters in his own hands, and made a good point. If he was late for his job, and gets fired...what are these retard protestors going to do to help him?
    Last edited by dj_rice; 02-10-2020 at 04:01 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    2005 F350

I know it's terrible but I always get a chuckle from watching the protesters that block traffic getting run over. fuck them right to hell.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

Oh I know. It's completely ok to break the law, for some.
    before you play the race card you might want to remember that the police rarely do anything for most protestors. Look at the unions picketing outside businesses all across Alberta and Saskatchewan over the last couple months. Theres a video of a guy who's been locked in the business for 12+ hours because the unions wont stop their blockade.

Theres been lots of protests that police do nothing but people have a short memory and want jump to race being the reason police do nothing.

If theres a protest of any sorts police need to jump on board and arrest those getting in the way.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by SOAB View Post
    I know it's terrible but I always get a chuckle from watching the protesters that block traffic getting run over. fuck them right to hell.
    Exactly! I DGAF what you're protesting, get off the road! The second you do something like block traffic is the instant you've lost any support whatsoever from me regardless of your cause.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I don't care about many causes. I just want clear roads on the way to Beyond foodie meets That's my cause.

Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast