Quantcast
Idle No More protests target bridges, roads across Canada - Page 43 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Idle No More protests target bridges, roads across Canada

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

And there you have it... CGL sent back to the table. This country is so, so fucked.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...line-1.5472128
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

When the FN rail blockades get lifted, is it possible for Wexit protesters to swoop in and keep those Eastern Bastards left freezing in the dark?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And there you have it... CGL sent back to the table. This country is so, so fucked.

Canada is past the point of no return. Has been for a very long time now.

My Ride
    *The First*

Can't wait for Teck Frontier to get "approved".
    I'll be right here, on the edge of my seat. It's only been 10+ years in the making. Let's make it an even 20 before a shovel hits the ground!
    #sustainable
    #because it's 2015... Oops.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post

It’s just a money grab, they say it’s because of x but I bet once they demand more money and get it, x will no longer be an issue
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    It’s just a money grab, they say it’s because of x but I bet once they demand more money and get it, x will no longer be an issue
    Who would you even pay off? The protestors are foreign paid agents.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

[QUOTE=16hypen3sp;4849987]And there you have it... CGL sent back to the table. This country is so, so fucked.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...line-1.5472128[/]

It’s sad, unbelievable.

Our nation to be run like this.. does anything like this happen anywhere else in the world??
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

I think one thing not discussed a whole lot is the role the media has played in all of this. The way everything got reported early on you'd think most first nations were opposed to the project when that isnt the case.

You wouldnt see this point from most media. All that did was ass fuel to the fire.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    I think one thing not discussed a whole lot is the role the media has played in all of this. The way everything got reported early on you'd think most first nations were opposed to the project when that isnt the case.

You wouldnt see this point from most media. All that did was ass fuel to the fire.
    Then it's time for THOSE FN's to stand up and say enough to the rest. There are no leaders in this country.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    It’s sad, unbelievable.

Our nation to be run like this.. does anything like this happen anywhere else in the world??
    Approving things, taking the money, changing deals in the eleventh hour, asking for more bribes, resorting to illegal acts.

Pretty standard practice among African tribal warlords and despots.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    4x4

Let the protests continue... And escalate. Armed standoffs throughout the east would be glorious. All these hippies think the grid and their cars run on pixie dust are in for a lovely lesson.

Quebecs already got the propane emergency - tell me Trudeau's speech yesterday isn't about the upcoming fuel rationing that will be needed. OPEC crisis of 73 all over again.

And Alberta's hands are clean and we're benefiting most (WCS 36.64 close - differential hasn't been this low in decades)

These antipipeline protests are proving the reliance on Alberta oil and the fallacy of peak oil. All Kenney has to do is sit back and let it roll & continue. Maybe some agitating, to escalate could help

They're not going to be able to bring in a ton of tankers into Irving quickly, once there all the trucks are running full tilt due to trains not leaving ports. Truckers largely avoid border crossing at all costs, so those precious few who will - are going to be running flat out - meanwhile again all those carriers are picking between oil runs and food runs... Percentage of truckers qualified and capable of hauling fuel isn't very high. Dropping a van at a dock vs connecting pipes and draining tanks are very different tasks.

So foods, fuels, everything is going to be rationed and it's going to be the GTA and Quebec hit hardest. Exactly where the anti-pipeline sentiment is highest.

It's win, win, fucking win all around and we don't need to lift a finger. Lifting fingers actually hurts us...

Go shutdown Canada protestors! I for one support you!

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Then it's time for THOSE FN's to stand up and say enough to the rest. There are no leaders in this country.
    They have finally started to speak out a bit but if the media dont want to listen who are they supposed to talk to.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post

Yes, some of the more 'globalist' nations in EU definitely operate like this - as a bunch of spineless pussies who defer all tough decisions to someone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Let the protests continue... And escalate. Armed standoffs throughout the east would be glorious. All these hippies think the grid and their cars run on pixie dust are in for a lovely lesson.

Quebecs already got the propane emergency - tell me Trudeau's speech yesterday isn't about the upcoming fuel rationing that will be needed. OPEC crisis of 73 all over again.
    Im actually in favour of this getting worse so that the fliberals will be shown as the arrogant, incompetent, career aspired, assholes they truly are.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

They have finally started to speak out a bit but if the media dont want to listen who are they supposed to talk to.
    I have seen it, it shocks me that the CBC has actually shared some of the people who approve of it and their opinion.

I can't believe the majority of the country is too stupid to figure this out.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride

Praying this triggers the non confidence. It would be even better if it came from the east.

I do applaud Quebec. The premier is very “french” in the way he wants these barricades removed.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Quebec removed one blockade with riot police last night. It went down with no issues. It's odd the media and the liberals keep playing out that things will get violent.

So far all blockades being removed havent had any huge issues.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Im actually in favour of this getting worse so that the fliberals will be shown as the arrogant, incompetent, career aspired, assholes they truly are.
    The SNC scandal should have shown this clear as day and yet here we are. Do not discount how emotional responses can and do override logical outcomes.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    toyota MR2

Quote Originally Posted by e31 View Post
    When the FN rail blockades get lifted, is it possible for Wexit protesters to swoop in and keep those Eastern Bastards left freezing in the dark?
    They would be arrested immediately is my guess
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

Quebec removed one blockade with riot police last night. It went down with no issues. It's odd the media and the liberals keep playing out that things will get violent.

So far all blockades being removed havent had any huge issues.
    Exactly. They used riot police hahah.

Intimidating force.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by e31 View Post
    ^This!
    Name:  Screenshot_20200222-145405_Firefox.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  70.8 KB

Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 ... LastLast