Quantcast
93' EG6 Hatch Story - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 93' EG6 Hatch Story

My Ride
    93' EG Hatch

Default 93' EG6 Hatch Story

Well a few of my friends have been telling me to make a thread about the story of the car and what has been done up to this point and what my plans are. . . . so here it goes.

I will add pictures once I am free to upload my pictures. =)

A buddy (Bartender) I use to work with had this Black 93' EG Hatch for a few years in his family. One day he came to work in a brand spankin' new 2012 Chevy Camaro. Long story short, he for one is not mechanically inclined what-so-ever. He told me that he was driving down the street and the whole transmission just stopped working, he couldn't shift gears, push the clutch, . . . nothing.

He didn't feel like paying someone to fix a beater so he had it towed back to his garage and left it. I have wanted one of these things for a long time so I knew I was going to buy it from him. . . . but for how much. I spoke with him for about an hour and he decided that he didn't give a fuck about it so he wanted $50!!!!!!

I fucking grabbed my wallet and handed him that shit ASAP! Grabbed a UHAUL Transport and brought it to my garage. A little tinkering and research over the car and BAM! Runs like new.

Dumbass never kept up the brake fluid and ran out! I told him the next day and he was like wow, oh well. lol

So I picked up a decent looking EG with a little rust for $50. STOKED ON LIFE!

So now its my turn.

I drove the car for maybe a week and the head gasket blew on me, my buddy never kept any maintenance on the car what so ever.

So I ordered a new head gasket from my friends at partsource. Love getting AT-COST! =) Fixed that shit in like 2 hours. Back on the road.

Maybe a month later the motor blew up, but thats what you get for a 415+K D15B7. Haha.

I had the thought about going to Pick-N-Pull just to rip another D15 out and throw it in, and then I hit JDMSource for a B18C5 linked with an LSD Short Geared Tranny, New Axles, Shift Linkage, Harness, ECU, and a bunch of other goodies while I was there. Thanks again.

Dropped that shit in like there was no tomorrow. Sorry no pictures, was way to anxious to even think of taking pictures. lol.

After that was in I just had to buy more. went to Pick-N-Pull just to take a peek around, and happened to find myself a 94' Smashed Teggy with KYB Coilovers with Spoon Springs, and a full Apexi N1 Exhaust. $125 later I walked out. =)

After about 1'3/4 Slammage and some slight camber. I now looks like this:

Ordered myself some Blox LCA's, Front & Rear Adjustable Cambers, Poly Bushing Kit. Also found myself some 17" Motegi Racing R7's.

Picked up a JDM Front Lip and Type R Rear Lip, Spoon Duckbill Spoiler, and Dual Halo 1-Piece TYC Headlights off of a fellow beyonder.

Thought of a color scheme and went with Neon Green for the Lip Kit and Spoiler.

Drove it like that for awhile and didn't like how Big the 17" was, do I found a set of 15" Silver Core Racing Sevens, and instantly grabbed some handy-dandy Plasti-Dip and blacked them out with some green accents for the touch.

Was kind of pissing me off that the halos on the headlights would not work and the headlights were pretty beat up themselves, so guess what. . . . NEW SET! Also bought a Supernova H3 8000K HID Kit that came with some FREE Audi Style Driving Lights.

Mounted and Look Mean! =)

And I have been driving it like that for about a year now and feel that I want to do some extensive modding over the 2012-2013 Winter Season.

Picked myself up a sexy 6-Point Roll Cage off a fellow beyonder. Picked up a 5 Panel Wink Mirror off a different beyonder.

Took the B18C5 out to make some MORE POWER!! dropped in the D15B7 for now, just to get around.

Taking the entire interior out to change it from that ugly greyish interior and dye it all OEM Black. will look minty fresh.

Hoping to do a complete Wire Tuck, Engine Shave, and plenty other things.

Ordering a set of new Pistons, Rings, Valves, Retainers, Springs, the whole damn works!

And maybe. . just maybe if I come up with the funds, since my newly born baby girl Serenity takes up the wallet now. I may go BBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTT!

But we will see.

That is all for now, Will keep everyone updated on what happens and what else goes in. But in the Meantime, here is a List of everything I can think of.

Thanks for reading!

Engine:

98Spec B18C5
    Short Ram Air Intake
    AEM Tru-Time Cam Gears
    Vivid Fuel pressure controller
    Integra Type R valvesprings and seals
    Denso Iridium longlife spark plugs
    MSD wires
    Energy Suspensions PU motor mount inserts
    Shaved and painted valve cover
    DC Sports billet aluminum green anodized wire cover
    Buddyclub billet aluminum oil filler cap
    K&N valve cover breather filter
    Mobil 1 5W50 full synthetic oil
    Integra Type R DC2 intake manifold
    Hondata intake gasket
    Edelbrock 65mm (2,56") DC2 ITR throttlebody
    Injen Cold Air Intake
    B&M Fuel pressure controller & gauge

Transmission:

Rebuild Integra Type R DC2 S80 transmission
    Kaaz 1.5 way LSD
    ACT heavy duty pressure plate
    ACT Stage 2 Clutch
    TCC-R Shortshifter
    TCC-R Lightened flywheel
    Goodrigde stainless steel braided clutch cable
    Civic Type R EK9 shift links with Energy Suspensions bushings
    Mobil 1 LSD oil

Body:

Spoon Front Lip
    Type R Rear Lip
    Retrofit D2S Morimoto Bixenon Headlights.
    Phillips D2S 4300K HID
    JDM Fog Lights
    H3 3000K HID
    Blacked-Out Taillights
    Spoon Duckbill Spoiler
    Front & Rear Benen Tow Hooks
    Antenna Delete
    Hood Pins

Wheels & Tires:

Core Racing Sevens 17X7 +35 4X100
    Federal SuperSteel 595 195/55ZR15
    Rays Duranuts Green Lightweight Lugnuts w/ Lock

Suspension:

KYB V2 Stainless Steel Coilovers (Height & Stiffness)
    Spoon Springs
    Energy Suspensions PU Bushings Master Kit
    Type R Front Strut Bar
    Type R Rear Strut Bar
    Type R C-Pillar Bar
    JDM Adjustable Front Camber Kit
    DC2 Upper Control Arms
    Blox Rear LCA's
    JDM Adjustable Rear Camber Kit

Exhaust:

Apexi N1 Catback
    Cat Delete
    Megan 4-1 Headers

Interior:

De-Branded FRP Bucket Race Seats
    3 Pod A-Pillar Gauge Holder
    Autometer 52mm Oil Pressure, Volt, Water Temp Gauges
    11" Rally Steering Wheel
    Hub Adaptor
    Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
    Black & Red Stitch Shift Boot
    Skunk2 Red Dual Bend Short Throw Shifter
    Custom 6-Point Roll Cage
    Rear Interior Removed
    5 Panel Wink Mirror
    Green Footwell Neons

Thats all I can think of at the moment. . . its 1:42am.
    If I can think of more I will add it.

If anyone has some idea to throw my way or hint to do something differently, all ideas are good to hear.

Thank you for reading guys.
    Last edited by AutoXRacer; 02-05-2013 at 10:58 PM.