Quantcast
For all you married folk... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: For all you married folk...

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Default For all you married folk...

Watched a cheesy love story film and got talking with the Mrs. about proposals and got me thinking how people have done it before.

For the lads, how did you guys propose to your ladies and for the lasses, how did you get proposed to or moreover, how would you have liked to have been proposed to or what would have been cool?

I've heard of a few good ones and...some not so stellar ideas but the girl said yes!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

WTF happened to you? Next thing you know we're going to have to change Ask Leo into the parenting forum.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I proposed to my wife the first hour we were alone in our newly built house. We got the keys, the representative from Centrex left, and we went through the house.

When we sat down at the window to absorb the fact our new life in our new house was about to begin, I did the whole one knee thing and proposed. (I was already on one knee as we stared out the window. The whole act of dropping to one knee seemed too old school and cheesy. But this way, I was on the one knee in case that is what her expectation was.)

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

I actually spent about six months ahead of time convincing her there was NO WAY I could afford to buy her a ring / propose for at least a couple of years.

Asked her parents' permission, Banff, private horse drawn carriage, river, gazebo, one knee. I'm surprised she's still here all these years later.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by rage2
    WTF happened to you? Next thing you know we're going to have to change Ask Leo into the parenting forum.
    Oh dear lord! The day people ask me for parenting advice is the loss of all hope for humanity!

You do know after all the shit I've done, been through and put women through, if I have a child, it will DEFINITELY be a girl!!!

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

We were traveling in Scotland. Went to the top of Arthur's Seat, watched the sunset and proposed. Then, hilariously, some rabblerousers set off fireworks in the city so it was extra romantic, haha.

I'd had the ring for well over 6 months, and she knew it, but it still caught her off guard. She had no idea I brought it on the trip with me. I had to hide it in a sock and make sure I always unpacked my own luggage :P

My Ride
    Audi

I had asked for permission from her family a few months earlier... so she knew it was coming.

I can't hide anything from my wife so about 2 months later, she knew I had the ring. We were out somewhere in the car and she, out of nowhere, said "just give me the damn ring - I know you have it". So about a half hour later when we got home, I proposed after she came out of the washroom. I put the ring on her finger BEFORE I asked. She couldn't say no then.

What are some of the not so stellar ideas haha?
    Need to know what not to do also

My Ride
    Pushbroom

A buddy of mine went upstairs to "take a shit" and lit candles, etc and spread roses all around his bedroom. (Bathroom was through the bedroom.) He called his girl in from downstairs after about 15 minutes saying he was out of toilet paper and could she bring some more. When she walked into the bedroom, he was down on one knee.

I just asked her.

We were just walking along the lake at her cabin one night and I popped the question.

She isn't the princess type so she actually appreciated the simplicity in the moment.

My Ride
    car

I first traveled to HK to get permission from the parents and once they said ok I purchased the ring. Took some time to get it cause I could not bring it back without paying taxes and duties. Waited for about a year and proposed in Sanfran on the golden gate bridge. We rented bikes and rode over to Sausalito. Stop in the middle of the bridge and was windy as hell. Scared I may drop it into the ocean, went down on one knee and everyone stopped in silence. She said yes and everyone clapped. Got some wicked photos as well from some tourist at that time.

I was going to do it at Alcatraz but wasn’t sure if that would be romantic enough.

I just asked her and she said yes

But one thing though is I get "crucified" everytime someone asked her how I proposed.

My Ride
    K20A2

ask her parent for permission then bought the ring was going to mexico with bunch of friends and then propsed over the intercome on the plane then walk down the asile and pop the question Everyone clapped Took lots of planing and got the friends to help out with ring over customs and fleight attendents were in on it as well so it was smooth but scary
    Last edited by 95EG6P; 01-17-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    Built with Chopsticks

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

Originally posted by LUDELVR

You do know after all the shit I've done, been through and put women through, if I have a child, it will DEFINITELY be a girl!!!

Karma lol...
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

Over burgers I just looked at her and said, "fuck it... Let's get married!" and that was it...

My Ride
    rally pig

From my experience, my fiance and I have been dating for over 2 years, almost 3 years, bought a house together early 2012 so we knew that we would be staying together in the long run.
    Bought a ring at bluenile in May 2012 but didnt know where/when to propose, I was actually thinking of proposing in 2013 but in July 2012 we went to NYC and figured it would be cool to propose to her in Central Park at Sunset and it worked out pretty good.

in the end though, you as the guy should know when is the time to propose to her.
    you can't let anyone else pressure you or tell you when.

oh btw i didnt kneel down (was too shy lol) something that I regret to this day

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by maxout
    I first traveled to HK to get permission from the parents and once they said ok I purchased the ring. Took some time to get it cause I could not bring it back without paying taxes and duties. Waited for about a year and proposed in Sanfran on the golden gate bridge. We rented bikes and rode over to Sausalito. Stop in the middle of the bridge and was windy as hell. Scared I may drop it into the ocean, went down on one knee and everyone stopped in silence. She said yes and everyone clapped. Got some wicked photos as well from some tourist at that time.

I was going to do it at Alcatraz but wasn’t sure if that would be romantic enough.

Nicely done.

I'm taking her to India at the end of the summer, gonna visit the Taj Mahal and ask her there.

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by maxout

I reckon Alcatraz would have been more symbolic...you know...it being a prison and you entering into marriage and all!

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    A buddy of mine went upstairs to "take a shit" and lit candles, etc and spread roses all around his bedroom. (Bathroom was through the bedroom.) He called his girl in from downstairs after about 15 minutes saying he was out of toilet paper and could she bring some more. When she walked into the bedroom, he was down on one knee.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I'm from Vancouver Island, so we take regular trips there.

One trip, we went to Newcastle Island, just off Nanaimo, and I took her hiking to the point furthest away from the docks/beach, where there's a nice wooden deck/benches/gazebo on top of a huge cliff and you can watch the ferries go by between Vancouver and Nanaimo. I proposed there, and her exact words were "HOLY SHIT!" (which I took as a yes).

Then we fucked like wildcats over the cliff while one of the BC Ferries went by
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast