Quantcast
Calgary police having a bit of fun - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary police having a bit of fun

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Police now say one officer involved in a YouTube video showing two marked cruisers and an unmarked unit in an alleged street race was disciplined.

Disciplinary action can include anything from being spoken to by a supervisor all the way up to dismissal.

Police cannot reveal specifics of discipline taken against officers but acting Deputy Chief Katie McClellan said Thursday one officer was disciplined after the video surfaced.

*****As Phil says. If he goes before a certain, infamous fleet inspector, hes in big doo doo

Did the cop light up the tires? Was any tire spinning or squealing done?
    That's the only "stunting" ticket I've seen ppl get. Not for just gunning it off the line. But maybe ppl I know have been lucky

My Ride
    TECHART & Misha Design

Originally posted by EK69
    Did the cop light up the tires? Was any tire spinning or squealing done?
    That's the only "stunting" ticket I've seen ppl get. Not for just gunning it off the line. But maybe ppl I know have been lucky
    Watch the video again. Right before he takes off you can see the back end of the car lift up a little, obvious that this was caused by either a full burnout or brake stand.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by Traffic_Cop
    Police now say one officer involved in a YouTube video showing two marked cruisers and an unmarked unit in an alleged street race was disciplined.

Disciplinary action can include anything from being spoken to by a supervisor all the way up to dismissal.

Police cannot reveal specifics of discipline taken against officers but acting Deputy Chief Katie McClellan said Thursday one officer was disciplined after the video surfaced.

*****As Phil says. If he goes before a certain, infamous fleet inspector, hes in big doo doo
    Can you at least understand how a member of the public who is constantly told how transparent and accountable police are might feel angry having been given no details when an officer acts carelessly on public roads?
    We are expected to just believe that these officers face consequences and trust that the internal forces are doing their jobs.

If cops are human and make poor decisions when it comes to basic things like refraining from street racing while on the job we don't need to allow them to carry loaded guns in public.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 01-25-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My only wish for cops is that their duty is to the "customer" first; when it comes to traffic laws - keep the traffic flowing, that's what serves customers, and if that means that everyone is travelling 10-20km/h over the speed limit, then that's okay.

Don't pull over someone unless they are obviously endangering the public, and for goodness sake - pull over those people who hog the left lane or drive slower than the speed limit because they are restricting the free flow of traffic - they are equivalent to me zig-zagging on the road like an idiot because it achieves the same effect: I hold up traffic.

Cops have the power to be autonomous, but some act like security guards obeying a cheat sheet of rules like automatons.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by phil98z24
    Perhaps some of you should realize that we aren't all assholes and that we aren't all just cogs in a machine of corruption. We are human too, and even though we have a high profile job that demands we do our best, we are allowed to make mistakes. Damning us all and villifying an organization that most parts of the world would kill to have policing it, is very short sighted and the mob mentality around here is toxic.

One bad apple does not represent a whole organization. The CPS overall do a good job in the city IMO.

Making mistakes in the heat of the moment is one thing (shooting an unarmed person in a dark alley who pointed something at a member) vs. this, which was pre-planned.

Looking around YT, there are a few other "street races" of other LEO's posted - but none have the optics of this one - there would probably be no video worth watching if there wasnt a TH involved

Originally posted by rage2

Fair enough, thank you. As a professional, it does bother me and I'd like to think I do a pretty decent job creating a link between the membership here and the membership I work with, and I'd like to keep it that way. I just would like to see this simmer down a bit.

I do want to make it clear for those of you who believe this: I don't think taking a stand on this at the side of the road based on a poorly worded statement by the Chief, or seeing someone else not ticketed for something you believe they should be, is going to be a worthwhile exercise.

Our jobs are hard enough, and I for one don't need some roadside legal expert telling me what I can and can't do based on someone else's unique set of circumstances. It is inappropriate and becoming argumentative about it only serves to create animosity.

We have all had many stunting charges for this same activity stick, but that is because they distracted and interfered with other people on the roadway. Go back and read the definition of stunting in the TSA and you will understand what I'm saying here.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

Originally posted by revelations

One bad apple does not represent a whole organization. The CPS overall do a good job in the city IMO.

Making mistakes in the heat of the moment is one thing (shooting an unarmed person in a dark alley who pointed something at a member) vs. this, which was pre-planned.

Looking around YT, there are a few other "street races" of other LEO's posted - but none have the optics of this one - there would probably be no video worth watching if there wasnt a TH involved
    I said in my second paragraph that it was a poor decision, not a mistake.

I do appreciate that you did make that distinction, because many people don't and think they can just do what they want because they want to pass off poor judgement as a mistake; I will be the first to call people out on that and it certainly changes how things can be dealt with!
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    Kia Sportage

Originally posted by rage2

The proof of insurance laws are fucked. I've heard of people with mutiple insurance slips (they're called financial responsibility cards, I'll call em FRCs for short) getting ticketed. Searching through the TSA, sure enough, if you show an expired one even if you have a legit one, you can get ticketed for section 167(8)(b).
    I got this ticket for having my old and new slip. Was an expensive one too

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

A lot of this stems from the "it is never my fault" mentality people have, and if they get a ticket, they always have a ready excuse as to "why it is not thier fault" and when they have to pay the ticket, because it is their fault, they feel slighted, and as such adopt a "fuk da popo" kind of attitude and act all butt hurt.

and it is pretty easy to see that almost everyone bitching about this fits my above description.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

I have two policies on my car in case one company doesnt cover one matter..

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by thetransporter
    I have two policies on my car in case one company doesnt cover one matter..
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Originally posted by phil98z24

We have all had many stunting charges for this same activity stick, but that is because they distracted and interfered with other people on the roadway. Go back and read the definition of stunting in the TSA and you will understand what I'm saying here.
    I'm assuming you are a cop, but your last sentence doesn't help your case. The video clearly shows the cop "distracting and interfereing with other people on the roadway", and therefore Rick has given us all a get out of jail free card.

In the first place, I don't think the cop did anything wrong, but the fact that some cops thinks this harmless behaviour is so destructive just because of the letter of the law, then to hell with that I'm going to use the same "letter" as written by Rick to up it to you guys.

Rick admitted it: it's fking harmless, and I agree. Go catch some criminals instead of pulling people over for this crap to pay for doughnuts. The real menaces are people who slow down traffic, because that affects thousands of people on the road.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

There should be a public represented lawyer that can charge this officer on behalf of the public on a law violation based on the video evidence.
    The 'public' lawyer should be able to make his case in court as to why the officer is guilty of breaking the law and the judge and the courts should decide if the officer has in fact broken the law, no some rinky dink police chief playing judge and jury.

This is playing devils advocate in a way because I agree with you superlative, this is a non-issue in my eyes but they want to make the rules and play the game so why not show them how shitty their game can be when you're the victim? The canadian public are pussies, they are willing to take it in the ass when dished out but when they have a chance to play by the same rules they don't even have the heart to hold their police gangs to the same level of punishment that they themselves receive, it's pathetic and embarrassing.

I think the police forget how straight up criminal it is to be stopped at a checkpoint having not had a single drink in months and get hit with some ticket on a technicality unrelated to the checkpoint intention and be forced to take time off of work in court to prove your innocence.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 01-25-2013 at 10:14 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

This is the shit that was all over the news? Give me a break, that was nothing
    1995 Talon Esi - 1989 Lebarron - 1991 Mr2 Turbo - 1991 Accord - 2005 Corolla - 2005 R6 - 1993 Talon Tsi - 2013 Mustang Coupe - 1997 Grand Prix GTP

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Originally posted by Modelexis
    There should be a public represented lawyer that can charge this officer on behalf of the public on a law violation based on the video evidence.
    The 'public' lawyer should be able to make his case in court as to why the officer is guilty of breaking the law and the judge and the courts should decide if the officer has in fact broken the law, no some rinky dink police chief playing judge and jury.

This is playing devils advocate in a way because I agree with you superlative, this is a non-issue in my eyes but they want to make the rules and play the game so why not show them how shitty their game can be when you're the victim? The canadian public are pussies, they are willing to take it in the ass when dished out but when they have a chance to play by the same rules they don't even have the heart to hold their police gangs to the same level of punishment that they themselves receive, it's pathetic and embarrassing.

I think the police forget how straight up criminal it is to be stopped at a checkpoint having not had a single drink in months and get hit with some ticket on a technicality unrelated to the checkpoint intention and be forced to take time off of work in court to prove your innocence.
    Your sig says it all dude. Very sad, and you wanna find fault in everything.

You dont wanna support the troops? , stand behind them.

Id love to see what a "man" you are, and actually creep out from behind your computer. Im thinking its a sad sight.

Same as cops. You dont like cops??, next time you get robbed call a crack head.

On a non-cop personal level. I hope you rot!!
    Last edited by Traffic_Cop; 01-26-2013 at 12:15 AM.

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Another duplicate post

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by Traffic_Cop

Your sig says it all dude. Very sad, and you wanna find fault in everything.

You dont wanna support the troops? , stand behind them.
    Um, The saying is, if you dont support the troops, feel free to stand in front of them
    By not supporting the troops, standing behind them only supports their actions.
    I dont know, but it might be a wise idea to think about what you're posting a bit more before you post it considering you're representing the CPS.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 01-26-2013 at 12:27 AM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

I don't get robbed, because I take steps to be able to protect myself.

I don't call 911, I call 1911

Not that police do anything to get stolen property back, they just file some paper work after the fact and give you the run around.
    It's insurance that protects me from theft, not some idiot in striped pants and doughnut in his hand.

Police are there to stroll in and draw a chalk line around the body and pick up shell casings, they're not going to save you from anything.

To think I need the police for protection is laughable.

Let's look at what I can do to avoid being robbed:
    -move out of the NE
    -have a weapon handy
    -alarm system
    -insurance
    -bars on my windows
    -pet alligators
    -massive safe

and what police can do to protect me from an immediate threat
    -nothing
    Last edited by Modelexis; 01-26-2013 at 12:46 AM.

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Originally posted by Modelexis
    I don't get robbed, because I take steps to be able to protect myself.

I don't call 911, I call 1911

Not that police do anything to get stolen property back, they just file some paper work after the fact and give you the run around.
    It's insurance that protects me from theft, not some idiot in striped pants and doughnut in his hand.

Police are there to stroll in and draw a chalk line around the body and pick up shell casings, they're not going to save you from anything.

To think I need the police for protection is laughable.

Let's look at what I can do to avoid being robbed:
    -move out of the NE
    -have a weapon handy
    -alarm system
    -insurance
    -bars on my windows
    -pet alligators
    -massive safe

and what police can do to protect me from an immediate threat
    -nothing
    Exactly!!! Douchebagery at its best!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast