click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

Notable gains:

- Using 50's now; can dumbell press 100lbs total
    - Slowly increasing deadlift/squat numbers but stuck around 190lbs area +/-10lbs

=========================

A new year, a new thread.

So for the unfamiliar, I had a thread before about a 5-month challenge (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/357035/5-...ge-and-beyond/), which became a success for me.

I learned a lot, became disciplined, accountable, and met great people through this. Judging from this section also, I pushed a bunch of people to join me haha! Whether that is good or bad for this 'Health and Fitness' section is up in the air but I digress.

With 2013 right at this moment, I am the happiest I've ever been in terms of health and weight. I am at a good 150-153lbs range and I look/feel stronger. I look great in my travel photos and I have been getting comments about it, which is awesome for me!

Plus note; did not gain a lot of weight after traveling!

I am more active than ever before but now it's time to step things up.

This year, 2013, I want, not only to be 'balanced' in terms of muscle definition... But I want abs.

The six-pack. The washboard. I want it.

You know that if I put my mind through it and with Beyond's guidance, anything can happen.

I proved to you that I am a man of my word. I will try my best to make a goal happen.

Hopefully, this thread will become a continuation of before with a lot of contribution but now it's focused on specific tweaks for conditioning. Through Beyond's guidance and blessing, I know this dream can become a reality.

I think by the end of this year, I can succeed in making that happen.

Doable? Thoughts?

Before, I was focus on losing weight. Now it's time for building.

Are they different or should I continue my routine as usual? What should I be eating?

Some Cole's Notes of myself:

- 5'6
    - 150-153lbs (will create a proper benchmark with fat % and measurements this week)
    - Active lifestyle with 1 hour of activity/day in a work week, whether that be lifts, cardio, or sports
    - Weekends are rest days or light activity (long distance walking, for example)
    - I eat right with little carbs (no rice, no bread but I don't ignore cravings) and if carbs will be consumed, it's early in the day and not at night
    - Protein and vegetable bias (meat, fish, salads with no dressing) with 6 small meals/day
    - I do take multi-vitamins (Active-X)

- Routine is usually:
    * M W F - Cardio start (10 mins)/targeted weight training
    * T Th - Full Cardio (Tuesday floor hockey/Thursday class or running)
    * Sat - Cheat day
    * Sun - Rest/light activity day

Let's get the ball rollin' and thanks Beyond for helping me get in the right path!

FYI, I started today because last week I was sick when I got back from Australia/Asia so couldn't do much activity.

=======

First day back today was exhausting but rewarding. Just wanted to see how bad it was coming back to routine after month+ of beach bumming. It was bad.

6 mins. run before got a side cramp
    12x2 push-ups
    4x2 wide pull-ups
    5x2 bicep pull-ups
    95lbsx10 squats
    Last edited by flipstah; 02-28-2013 at 12:03 PM.

My Ride
    old Toyotas

Nice I was gonna make a thread and ask about this but since you did even better.

From the little knowledge that I've gathered, getting abs is HARD. You basically gotta reduce your body fat close to like 10%. Pretty much starve yourself while only eat casein protein and balancing that with a workout routine. You gotta constantly build and maintain a decent amount of muscle while losing and keeping body fat low.

I can feel my abs under my stomach already but now I just need to lose that inch of fat on top.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by black13
    Nice I was gonna make a thread and ask about this but since you did even better.

From the little knowledge that I've gathered, getting abs is HARD. You basically gotta reduce your body fat close to like 10%. Pretty much starve yourself while only eat casein protein and balancing that with a workout routine. You gotta constantly build and maintain a decent amount of muscle while losing and keeping body fat low.

I can feel my abs under my stomach already but now I just need to lose that inch of fat on top.
    If you prepare every meal yourself you will never go hungry. When cutting I typically will eat as much veggies and meat as I can and stay away from almost all beverages but water.

Really the hardest thing about getting abs is consistency with meal prep and always doing it ahead of time.

Abs will usually start at 12% and under.
    Flip you got this!
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Nice work on achieving your 2012 goals and happy to see you've set new goals for 2013.

It seems you're already aware that the biggest battle in getting abs is cutting down body fat so I'll just recommend an ab work out: Insanity Abs. It's only a 12 minute workout but it definitely hits the core in a variety of ways. Cutting down the fat layer may be the main goal, but you'll want some muscle under it alll to expose too.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

I am having the same problem. i've lost 60lbs over the last couple years and just cant get the final remaining belly off. I am aiming to take my diet a little more serious and hopefully have some better results by march.

My Ride
    Has wheels

I'm sure I'll follow this thread like I did your other thread. I enjoy reading everyone's threads and seeing everyone make progress is awesome!

Keep up the good work Flip! This fitness thing becomes addictive doesn't it?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by warcaster

If you prepare every meal yourself you will never go hungry. When cutting I typically will eat as much veggies and meat as I can and stay away from almost all beverages but water.

Really the hardest thing about getting abs is consistency with meal prep and always doing it ahead of time.

Abs will usually start at 12% and under.
    Flip you got this!
    Thanks, chief! Gotta keep the momentum going, really.

Originally posted by black13

Originally posted by austic
    I am having the same problem. i've lost 60lbs over the last couple years and just cant get the final remaining belly off. I am aiming to take my diet a little more serious and hopefully have some better results by march.
    Well maybe through this thread, we can figure out tips together and see how to make this happen.

Originally posted by davidI
    Nice work on achieving your 2012 goals and happy to see you've set new goals for 2013.

It seems you're already aware that the biggest battle in getting abs is cutting down body fat so I'll just recommend an ab work out: Insanity Abs. It's only a 12 minute workout but it definitely hits the core in a variety of ways. Cutting down the fat layer may be the main goal, but you'll want some muscle under it alll to expose too.
    Originally posted by bruceod
    I'm sure I'll follow this thread like I did your other thread. I enjoy reading everyone's threads and seeing everyone make progress is awesome!

Keep up the good work Flip! This fitness thing becomes addictive doesn't it?
    Thanks! I've been lurking around your threads too and I'm hoping to get numbers like you two; 100 reps, 300llbs lifts... DAMN.

I'll check out Insanity Abs and once you've felt this great, you gotta keep it up and see how good your body can get!

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Gah, I am starting my diet on the 4th of February. Unlike you I am not trying to get abs. Just lose 10-15lbs of fat and hopefully by cleaning up my diet gain some serious strength and maybe put on 5lbs of lean muscle! I have some pretty ambitious strength goals for 2013!
    Good luck and you better get your diet dialed in ASAP if you want a shredded six pack!

My Ride
    A250

I haven't worked out in a long time but getting abs is all about the diet.
    I'm eating more or less what I want now but I can still sustain my abs so once you get there you're set.

2 Months
    -15lbs
    +abs

I posted my diet on your last thread but for 2 months I only ate chicken, salmon, spinach & a little bit of rice everyday.

Ran a 800-1000 calorie deficit.

Only exercise was P90X.

I also cheated by using fat burner but I was kind of rushing it.

So obviously you can take it slower and do another 5 month challenge, probably a lot healthier than what I did.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by KRyn
    Gah, I am starting my diet on the 4th of February. Unlike you I am not trying to get abs. Just lose 10-15lbs of fat and hopefully by cleaning up my diet gain some serious strength and maybe put on 5lbs of lean muscle! I have some pretty ambitious strength goals for 2013!
    Good luck and you better get your diet dialed in ASAP if you want a shredded six pack!

Originally posted by AzNxHyDrA
    I'm eating more or less what I want now but I can still sustain my abs so once you get there you're set.

2 Months
    -15lbs
    +abs

I posted my diet on your last thread but for 2 months I only ate chicken, salmon, spinach & a little bit of rice everyday.

Only exercise was P90X.

So obviously you can take it slower and do another 5 month challenge, probably a lot healthier than what I did.
    Well, I think* I got the diet part good so far; just need tweaking.

- I have eggs, peanut butter/banana smoothie morning
    - Then half-equivalent of my lunch for a snack
    - Then lunch (always a garden salad, beef/pork/chicken/fish)
    - Another snack (fruit)
    - Pre-workout "dinner" (usually protein)
    - Post-workout "dinner" (salad/protein)

This system got me to 150lbs in the Challenge... So not sure what to tweak now.

AzNxHyDrA, your diet was envious so I followed it.

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Default Re: Abs for 2013!!

Originally posted by flipstah

I proved to you that I am a man of my word.

I have nothing of any value to contribute lol.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

Originally posted by AzNxHyDrA

2 Months
    -15lbs
    +abs

Only exercise was P90X.

I've been doing something similar for the past 3 weeks. Starting to see some really, really awesome results. Seafood + vegetables only. Just regular cardio pretty every day + occasional weights twice a week to attempt to maintain muscle mass. Around 800-1200 calorie deficit a day. Gotta count those calories to win.

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

Does anyone go to Cardel Place for working out? I wouldn't mind having a workout partner for some workouts. I mostly do weight training but I haven't been going as consistently as I would like to in the last year so having a partner should help.

And for abs, just do a lot of high intensity exercise. Instead of jogging for 5 to 10 KM, do sprinting exercises like suicides (if you played bball you'll be very familiar with it), skipping, jumping. Crossfit would be a good option as well.

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

Forgot to add this. A good alternative to p90x is insanity workout. I tried it for a few weeks, holy shit it's intense. It's more geared towards conditioning than p90x. I couldn't do the 10 minute warm up without feeling like I was going to die the first week and it's a 45 minute workout lol. You don't need weights to do it either.

My Ride
    E46

^ When do you usually go to Cardel? I am there either early mornings or late at night after school Monday to Friday.

Will be following closely Flip, best of luck! =)
    This just reminded me that I should update my own thread, completely forgot about posting pics lol.

TL

My Ride
    Exploded.

So far, I've read to just tweak my meals a bit, do Insanity, and way more cardio.

FML. That's what I was afraid of.

Suicides are love/hate for me. A lot of yelling at lines or pylons.

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

Originally posted by Little Dragon
    ^ When do you usually go to Cardel? I am there either early mornings or late at night after school Monday to Friday.

Will be following closely Flip, best of luck! =)
    This just reminded me that I should update my own thread, completely forgot about posting pics lol.
    I usually go Sunday for my chest and back workout since there's less people at the gym and then do a couple workouts after work during the week so around 6:30. When I start doing legs again I'm going to try to do it on saturday.

My Ride
    A250

Originally posted by flipstah
    So far, I've read to just tweak my meals a bit, do Insanity, and way more cardio.

FML. That's what I was afraid of.

Suicides are love/hate for me. A lot of yelling at lines or pylons.
    Go hard or go home

Imo, if you don't want to do that much cardio, just eat less.
    I'm a lazy guy. I didn't do cardio outside of P90X and I was too out of shape for insanity.
    As long as you're staying on a calorie deficit whether from eating less or working out more, it'll be fine.
    Once you stop seeing improvements, you just have to increase that deficit.
    Start adding in refeed days once you get to a lower body fat %

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

no offense, but why the fuck would you want them abs for!? girls like meat on their men just come over to the darkside and do that permabulk dirty bulk style! brb getting a cheeseburger
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by littledan
    no offense, but why the fuck would you want them abs for!? girls like meat on their men just come over to the darkside and do that permabulk dirty bulk style! brb getting a cheeseburger
    I'm not that tall lol. Bulk + my height looks weird.

... Unless done right. Tell me more.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... LastLast