Quantcast
2013 Golf Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Golf Thread

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Default 2013 Golf Thread

Been talking to Flipstah about golf this year and I'm picking it up this year and get some decent golf clubs. I told my friends how the driving range works back home in Manila and they couldn't believe it. I wish we had them here but I'm pretty sure it would cost an arm and a leg just in injury insurance...lol!!!

The Tee Girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef99EwrLloM

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Since its off season and there are lots of deals I'm going to get a set in March. For the vets here...

Steel or Graphite shaft?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by DENZILDON
    Since its off season and there are lots of deals I'm going to get a set in March. For the vets here...

Steel or Graphite shaft?
    Graphite if you swing speed isn't that quick and need more whip.

I couldn't get into the private clubs in Manila even though I can afford the green fee.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

Steel or Graphite shaft?

Go to golf town and test em out.
    Slow swing style lots will recommend graphite.
    Fast/heavy usually steel.

Golf town staff has always been great for me to take time and try a whole bunch of different clubs

My Ride
    Exploded.

Anyone watch the Hyundai TOC?

Dustin had that big lead and I thought he killed it when he did that weird drive that went to the bushes.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

fuck golf...

i've been swinging a club for close to 20 years and i can count on one hand how many times i've broken 100

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

I'm really looking forward to some of the new drivers this year. The one club I've been meaning to replace the last season. Is anyone getting any cards?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by 7thgenvic
    I'm really looking forward to some of the new drivers this year. The one club I've been meaning to replace the last season. Is anyone getting any cards?
    The R1 driver looks mighty pimp!

Titleist's offerings look to be the same technology so I'd opt for a used 910 instead.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

My Ride
    2013 Toyota RAV4

I am stoked this is up so early!

I picked up a Taylormade Burner 2.0 Driver and 5-wood back in October when they had their sale on, can't wait to try them out this spring!

Also Den, you definitely want to go with steel. Unless you are 55+ years old, graphite is going to be way to whippy for you. A regular steel shaft will do you just fine!

Also Beyond Golf Tourney this year? Blue Devil was fun, but not enough guys made it out, especially with you bailing Flip!

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

I would love to do some Beyond Tourny's! I have NEVER liked the R1... Curious to try some of the new Nike's out. In the past they were garbage.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Originally posted by got_mike33

Also Den, you definitely want to go with steel. Unless you are 55+ years old, graphite is going to be way to whippy for you. A regular steel shaft will do you just fine!
    I was originally thinking of doing steel Irons and Graphite drivers but I don't have any issues with distance specially with the drivers. I can wack that ball to no return. I guess I will do try out them out at the store come march.

I showed this to Flip earlier. I had it in my hands when I was in Sacramento outlet stores and it was only for 35 bucks. I stupidly decided not to get it.

My Ride
    14' C63 507 Edition Coupe

FYI best time of the year to buy clubs is during Golf Town demo days which starts early November. 50-60% off all previous year merchandise. Got an awesome set of Nike Machspeed forged irons for $500 !! regular $1000.

Since the PGA started back up I got the itch so im going to play some virtual golf tomorrow at the golf dome. It is pretty fun if you go with a buddy!

Can you believe that Tiger and Rory both missed the cut at the Abhu Dhabi???

I can understand if Rory was a bit nervous because he just got handed 30 Million for signing up with Nike but come on Tiger!

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Originally posted by vtec4life
    FYI best time of the year to buy clubs is during Golf Town demo days which starts early November. 50-60% off all previous year merchandise.
    I know but Bonus and tax return is coming in March so I have to go through what is left at the store. Anybody have some hook ups for golf town?

My Ride
    2013 Toyota RAV4

I was originally thinking of doing steel Irons and Graphite drivers but I don't have any issues with distance specially with the drivers. I can wack that ball to no return. I guess I will do try out them out at the store come march.

I showed this to Flip earlier. I had it in my hands when I was in Sacramento outlet stores and it was only for 35 bucks. I stupidly decided not to get it.

I think all drivers are graphite, but have different shaft types. I only know Taylormade cause that's what I own, but they have S (Stiff), R (Regular) and M (Old Man). The guys at golftown are really good at helping you choose the right stiffness plus you get to hit the ball a ton, so you can grab what feels right.

Those shoes are amazing! It's really too bad you didn't pick them up!

I would be down for virtual golf sometime, it's apparently really cheap hourly rate, would be fun with a few guys.

As for a tourney I think we could always just book a bunch of tee times back to back and go public, save some $$$. Shag is always a good time!

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by got_mike33

I picked up a Taylormade Burner 2.0 Driver and 5-wood back in October when they had their sale on, can't wait to try them out this spring!

Also Beyond Golf Tourney this year? Blue Devil was fun, but not enough guys made it out, especially with you bailing Flip!
    That was a one-off and I actually do feel really bad about that because I wanted to play Blue Devil!

I would definitely be in for a Beyond Golf Tourney and hopefully my schedule is far kinder to me this year.

FYI, Golf Town's regrip sale is back.

I'd be game for virtual golf... Whatever that is.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

I'm in!!!

Hahahaha! Joke!!

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Curious now, where do you guys go for virtual golf?

Schanks any good? I was thinking of watching hockey, drinking and wings with golf! That would be awesome!
    Last edited by DENZILDON; 01-22-2013 at 03:29 PM.

My Ride
    2013 Toyota RAV4

Never been to Shanks, but that sounds like a wicked idea to me!

I have tried all the simulators. The best one by far is X-Factor Indoor Golf. It's just south of the dump by Royal Oak... right next to the Audi dealer.

I have tried Schanks (worst), RCGA (not very accurate), and X-Factor. I found X-Factor to be the most accurate simulators. They are the same ones they use on the Golf Channel for that in-studio show (no idea what it's called).

Sadly, it's also the most expensive.
    "Uptight user on beyond.ca" - Micheal Platt

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC
    I have tried all the simulators. The best one by far is X-Factor Indoor Golf. It's just south of the dump by Royal Oak... right next to the Audi dealer.

I have tried Schanks (worst), RCGA (not very accurate), and X-Factor. I found X-Factor to be the most accurate simulators. They are the same ones they use on the Golf Channel for that in-studio show (no idea what it's called).

Sadly, it's also the most expensive.
    The Golf Fix?! You can play a game in those fuckers?
    Doing It For the 'Gram

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast