Quantcast
Any DJ's familiar with the Numark NS6? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Any DJ's familiar with the Numark NS6?

My Ride
    R6///R50

Default Any DJ's familiar with the Numark NS6?

Hey guys,

looking to get into dj'ing as a hobby.

I was wondering if anyone had any reviews or experience with the Numark NS6..

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks

My Ride
    GSR, AE86

Never had experience on the NS6 before...

But if you wanna stick with controllers have you considered the new Pioneer DDJ-SX? Recently came out in the last couple of months. Buzzing great reviews all over the net. Around the same price as the NS6 too. Also comes with the new Serato DJ software which is replacing Serato ITCH. In other words ITCH will no longer have updates.

Check it out!

My Ride
    R6///R50

Originally posted by GL86
    Never had experience on the NS6 before...

But if you wanna stick with controllers have you considered the new Pioneer DDJ-SX? Recently came out in the last couple of months. Buzzing great reviews all over the net. Around the same price as the NS6 too. Also comes with the new Serato DJ software which is replacing Serato ITCH. In other words ITCH will no longer have updates.

Check it out!
    Thanks man, much appreciated.

I'm not really set on controllers at all, CDJ with USB would be ideal, but my budget is around $1000 including mixer.

Any recommendations?

My Ride
    GSR, AE86

Originally posted by GS430

Thanks man, much appreciated.

I'm not really set on controllers at all, CDJ with USB would be ideal, but my budget is around $1000 including mixer.

Any recommendations?
    If you are starting out I would recommend the Pioneer DDJ-SX. Its a all-in-one mini version of CDJs and 4-channel mixer loaded with effects (hot cue, echo, sampling, and much more). And it works with your budget. L&M and Axe have it listed for $1039. Currently sold out and on back order due to the demand but should be in stock soon.

Keep in mind CDJs are not cheap. For $1000 you might score a good pair of used CDJs but then you have no cash left over for a mixer.

DJing is expensive but if you are committed it can be a rewarding and endless fun experience.

You can even start out with a Laptop and a Numark Mixtrack Pro (or any other brand of same such device) to see if you like it, or can get the hang of it.

That way you are looking at < $500 in total (assuming you own a laptop), and then its not such a waste later if you need to either upgrade ot something more serious, or sell it cause you suck

I got rid of my TT's, and Mixer in favor of a USB Midi controler, and i like it.

Embrace the digital.

No more Vinyl, or CD's, just mp3's/flac/aac and those are cheap (especially since as a DJ you basically buy singles)

I have not used the NS6, but i have the Mixtrack Pro.

My Ride
    AWOL

I've used my buddy's NS6 a few times, very nice controller with good features, layout and interface, no complaints. Used his NS7 before that which seems a bit dated now, mixer/fx was pretty bare but I think the tables were a bit bigger. Go poke some at a store and see how the layout/controls work for you. A controller with Serato is definitely the way to go, no reason to waste your time/money with CDJs. Vinyl is good too (either records or just as Serato interface) if you're feeling nostalgic, already have a collection or wanna scratch.

Pioneer DDJ-SX looks dope! And I had no idea they were killing off Serato ITCH, that sucks.

My Ride
    R6///R50

Decided just to go with some good ol' Pioneer CDJ's.

Instead of upgrading in the near future, I'll just get what I really wanted.

Thanks for all the input guys, can't wait to pick some up and start playing with them.