Quantcast
Original Watch Refinish in Calgary?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Original Watch Refinish in Calgary??

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

Default Original Watch Refinish in Calgary??

Does anyone know where I can get an Omega refinished in Calgary but with the original finish, not just shiny or polished. Doesn't have to be an Omega dealer, just want that original matte look, not the mirror look.

I've asked around a ton of jewellery stores and no luck, only a few that do the shiny finish.

Thanks for the help guys. Also if you know price range that would help too.

Someone was looking at my watch and dropped it...and the scratches are driving me nuts!
    Last edited by rony_espana; 01-24-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Talk to Pacman, he'll have some tips on how you can do it yourself.
    I'd vote for him. America may have a black guy, but we'd have captain fucking Kirk.

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

Originally posted by Str1der
    Talk to Pacman, he'll have some tips on how you can do it yourself.
    Thanks man, but I'm too scared to do this watch. Already did it myself on cheaper watches. May end up doing that though if I can't find a place.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Doesn't that destroy the value of a watch, or am I off base?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

If its a surface scratch doing it yourself shouldn't be too hard with the right tools. If it's a dent i wouldnt touch it.

How many years till its time to service? Perhaps getting it done by swatch may be the best option.

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Doesn't that destroy the value of a watch, or am I off base?
    I think if its done professionaly it shouldn't affect the used value of the watch.

I do personally prefer watches that haven't been refinished though. I don't plan on selling this one so its more just to not have to see the scratches.

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

Originally posted by Street_Soldier
    If its a surface scratch doing it yourself shouldn't be too hard with the right tools. If it's a dent i wouldnt touch it.

How many years till its time to service? Perhaps getting it done by swatch may be the best option.
    No dent, just surface scratches.

What do you mean by getting it done by swatch?

I mean when its time to service your watch you can send it to Swatch Canada who can do a factory polish on your watch. Might as well get the service and polish done at once.

Theres an authorized omega service tech at J Vair. They told me he can do small jobs in the shop. I dont know if that includes polishing or just movement related stuff. Cant hurt to give them a call.

Also try Joe at Sears (South Center Mall - formally Chinook) who services watches. Any competent watch maker can polish it. I have never used him but people say hes good.

My Ride
    Wristshots

Spot on, Street_Soldier. Yes, Brynn at J Vair Anderson can probably take care of this.

Sending it to Swatch group in Ontario is an option, but there are a few horror stories of the poor quality control there and it'll cost around $500 for movement service and case/bracelet refinishing...

http://www.omegawatches.com/customer...service-prices

If you're fine with sending it out, you might try getting in touch with Al of Archer Watches...

http://www.archerwatches.ca/service.html

Sending your watch to Archer or Swatch is definitely not a bad idea if your watch's movement could use maintenance. Using Swatch will give you two years of factory warranty from the date of service as well.

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

Originally posted by Street_Soldier
    I mean when its time to service your watch you can send it to Swatch Canada who can do a factory polish on your watch. Might as well get the service and polish done at once.

Theres an authorized omega service tech at J Vair. They told me he can do small jobs in the shop. I dont know if that includes polishing or just movement related stuff. Cant hurt to give them a call.

Also try Joe at Sears (South Center Mall - formally Chinook) who services watches. Any competent watch maker can polish it. I have never used him but people say hes good.
    Thanks for the info, wasn't aware that swatch serviced all types of watches!

I will give J Vair a call to see if they can help me out.

Also been to Joe a few times, but just for minor stuff, never thought of asking him....live in the north so its rare that I go to that mall...but I really should.

Thanks.

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

Originally posted by statick
    Spot on, Street_Soldier. Yes, Brynn at J Vair Anderson can probably take care of this.

Sending it to Swatch group in Ontario is an option, but there are a few horror stories of the poor quality control there and it'll cost around $500 for movement service and case/bracelet refinishing...

http://www.omegawatches.com/customer...service-prices

If you're fine with sending it out, you might try getting in touch with Al of Archer Watches...

http://www.archerwatches.ca/service.html

Sending your watch to Archer or Swatch is definitely not a bad idea if your watch's movement could use maintenance. Using Swatch will give you two years of factory warranty from the date of service as well.
    Thanks for the info man, really appreciate it, not too comfortable sending my watch out though. I've had so much trouble in the past with parcels and mail that I don't trust the service at all.

My Ride
    Wristshots

Understandable, by all measures. If you want Swatch Group to refinish/service your piece, you can probably have it sent through one of the authorized dealers, presumably the one from whom you purchased the watch, if purchased locally.