Quantcast
Damm winds.. took half my house away - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Damm winds.. took half my house away

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

Default Damm winds.. took half my house away

Ok so the winds are too damm fast.. i come home to find that half of the siding on my house where avi (the home builder of the house) did some work this summer becuase it was buldging... well i guess they did quite a shitty job. so we call them.. they say they cant make it out becuase its past 5:00... Then my dad gets all pissed off becuase there is no siding, no tar paper, nothing, just wood exposed... they guy said to my dad they he has a bad attitue... my dad said.. damm right i have a bad attitute.. I have a 1/4 million dollar home and you dont wanna come out here to look at the situation cuas you need to keep warm and out of the wind.. they guy said he needs to call his supervisior ect.. so my dad hangs up on him.. 10 min later.. call back.. ya sorry there is nothing we can do.. its not under warrenty.. my dad hung up.. he is pissed off right now.. calling the lawyer and insurance...

Anyway tip of the day.. DO NOT BUY AVI... this is like the 1000th problem we have had the house...

PS, for sale, 3200sq foot home located in calglary alberta.. will sell at present apraised value (300 000$ some dollars).... j/k
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    BMW E70

That sucks man Lots of companies don't stand behind their products anymore. But, on the bright side- if you have a 3200sq ft house (square footage of a house doesn't include the basement) then its most likely worth more than $300K. Depending on the area ofcourse.

My Ride
    V167

thats a problem but its not that bad

we have been living in our house for a year and there is still stuff left to be done by the builder

new houses suck

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Dude, We went with Baywest and have had nothing but enourmous success. They gave us great service, finished on time, very reasonable prices on upgrades and gave us great deals on appliances. They even gave us free 1st quality sifted and sorted loam for our yard (15000sqft yard) Which was very very nice of them

Since we built, the house has appreciated 38%. In My Opinion, a home builder is not just a home builder, if they are going to be such clowns over something like that, for sure do something formal about it.

I'm thinking you must have gotten a pretty wierd deal. I dont know where you live, but a 3200sqft home out in McKenzie lake here goes for a half mill..or more. There is a 3300sqft home on the lake selling for 740,000 or something like that. :nuts:

Ours is only 2600 and its mid threes, so maybe they built your house out of papyrus paper to save costs and used elmer school glue to secure your siding. J/J's

I would definatly look into the building agreements with your realestate lawyer. We had a bay window loose its seal about a year into the residence, and it was going to be 2200 to replace. Baywest picked up the tab without question. That right there sealed our assurance we had made the right desision. You said its been nothing but problems? Thats not a good sign, I would hate to see more go wrong. Our neighbours built with beattie, and thats the same trash they went through, constant problems (Thier skylight fell out during a storm and killed their dog)

And just for reference, Stucco is where its at...
    Last edited by Ben; 09-19-2002 at 10:32 PM.
    Travel

My Ride
    BMW E70

New homes are also covered under the New Home Warranty for 5 years.

I know the houses on my street are anywhere from 3000 - 6500 sq. ft and the price range is $350K - $950K

My Ride
    BMW X1 35i MSport

that really sucks.

My Ride
    V167

Originally posted by HRD2PLZ

I know the houses on my street are anywhere from 3000 - 6500 sq. ft and the price range is $350K - $950K
    I am pretty sure that you are wrong about the new home warranty

they cover minor things for 1 year

5 year is structural defects (your house is sinking etc...)

My Ride
    BMW E70

I'll check. One ofmy buddies is a supervisor with Jayman. Maybe it depends on the builder or the price range of the house. I know the warranty on our last house had expired just before we moved out and it was just over 5 years old.

Whatever. at any rate, if your siding is falling off and there isn't anything but exposed wood under it the builder should definately fix it.

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

well avi has said that there is nothing they can do. Insurace is taking over for now and is going after both avi and the siding contractor with legal action. wehave had exposed wood and all the wood, insulation, tar paper, and siding will be replace hopefully this week. All the big home builders (150houses/year or more) Suck ass.. if you plan on bulding a home use a smaller company (30/year or so) or if you have the time do all the contracting your self.
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

All I can say is stay the fuck away from Jayman. "Master Builders" my ass!!

The house I'm currently living in and 2 of my aunts house were built by Shane Homes! Had a few small problems, but that was about it.

Aside from Jayman, it depends on who the builder hires to do the work in the house. I've seen some smaller companies with great working tradesman, and bigger companies with dumbass tradesman.

Get some duct tape

My Ride
    V167

Originally posted by ninspeed
    well avi has said that there is nothing they can do. Insurace is taking over for now and is going after both avi and the siding contractor with legal action. wehave had exposed wood and all the wood, insulation, tar paper, and siding will be replace hopefully this week. All the big home builders (150houses/year or more) Suck ass.. if you plan on bulding a home use a smaller company (30/year or so) or if you have the time do all the contracting your self.
    our house was built by a small builder and he sucks too, he is just not organized

BEST thing to do is do it yourself

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I would build with Baywest again in a heartbeat.
    Travel

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

wooo... this dude's loaded! Let's go rob him! haha! jk!

My Ride
    01 330i

Originally posted by CRXguy
    All I can say is stay the fuck away from Jayman. "Master Builders" my ass!!
    A friend of mine just bought a Jayman house in Somerset and has had nothing but problems! He has already said he will never by another Jayman ever again.

BTW the plumbing company they use sucks ass!!!!

My Ride
    BMW E70

Jayman uses Canyon Plumbing

My Ride
    01 330i

Jayman uses Canyon Plumbing
    That's right. Thanks Trev I forgot the name... a friend of mine is a plumber and he says Canyon is a company that cuts a lot of corners... if anyone builds with a builder that uses Canyon make sure you check everything, and I mean everything!! Even the temp in the toliet bowls, my friends place had hot water running to all the toilets which will crack them!!

My Ride
    BMW E70

Originally posted by RCBVtec

That's right. Thanks Trev I forgot the name... a friend of mine is a plumber and he says Canyon is a company that cuts a lot of corners... if anyone builds with a builder that uses Canyon make sure you check everything, and I mean everything!! Even the temp in the toliet bowls, my friends place had hot water running to all the toilets which will crack them!!
    Thats pretty surprising, because Canyon is a pretty big company. You'd think they'd care about their reputation and strive to do quality work. But, on the other hand Jayman is a big company too and since they do Jaymans work I guess they don't care as much as they should.
    Jayman has pretty good customer service though- a good buddy of mine is an assistant supervisor for them in Evergreen. He told me the area supervisor is a lazy dick though, he passes everything onto the assistant supervisors to deal with. The only reason why he is his still with them is because he is best friends with Al Westman, who owns 60% of Jayman Homes.

My Ride
    01 330i

Yeah I thought it was surprising too, the plumbers for Canyon are paid on the quantity not quality, so the more houses they do, the more money they get. You'd think with a company like Jayman they would be a little more careful with who they hire so their image wouldn't get trashed. A couple things Canyon did to my friends house, wired hot water to the toilets (as mentioned earlier), wired hot water to the fridge, for all the sinks mixed up the hot and cold taps, did not hook up the drainage pipe to the washer (huge puddle of water in the basement and parts of the hardwood had to be replaced as they were warped) the only thing that was not wrong was the toilets flushed the right way.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

Originally posted by RCBVtec

my friends place had hot water running to all the toilets which will crack them!!
    at least splash-back wouldnt be so much of a shock!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast