Quantcast
Driver Stereotypes - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Driver Stereotypes

My Ride
    rubbish

Default Driver Stereotypes

I'm not one to usually take stereotypes seriously, but lately i've been encountering a lot of them coming true while i'm driving. These "groups" of people have been turning without signalling, stopping in merge lanes, cutting off, etc....around me. I'm just wondering if anyone else is noticing this, or if it's just my road rage getting worse. The groups are as follows, and I do not intend to offend anyone, just stating how these sterotypes are becoming more prevalent in my world, and it's not everyone in these groups, just a select few who ruin it for everybody.

1) girls in cavaliers/sunfires/neons/saturns usually with roxy stickers and lay's in the mirror
    2) minivan's
    3) senior citizens
    4) those guys driving big company vans
    5) women in big suv's, well actually guys too

is there any i've missed?

old asian ppl driving anything

My Ride
    rubbish

well some of them have trouble seeing over the dashboard

My Ride
    Acura RSX

o and don't forget ppl wit their loud mufflers in da middle of the nite..

day time its all good, but when ur trying 2 sleep, it kinda gets 2 u...

My Ride
    rubbish

no problem with that out here in the boonies,........ well we get the occasional redneck in his jacked up ford with semi-truck exhaust and cherrypoppers drive by, but it shuts up the coyotes

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by cappachihngo
    o and don't forget ppl wit their loud mufflers in da middle of the nite..

day time its all good, but when ur trying 2 sleep, it kinda gets 2 u...

Sorry man I try to keep my revs below 2 grand after 9:30...Damn 3 inch straight pipe...

ANYONE who doesnt shoulder check...esp on the Foot...Man I hate those drivers...

*EDIT*

Oh and those people with C.D's hanging off of the mirrors...Man are they ever blinding...
    Last edited by EK 2.0; 02-16-2004 at 12:17 AM.
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

hey why do people put those lil figues on there dashboard,,,,clutter it all up with lil brass figureines......man i can only imagin what there house looks like

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    pedals

people who cant merge are the most dangerous of all i think. or close to it. but i dont know what kind of stereotype that is.

Another stereotype is that young people suck at driving and guys (generally) go flying around thinking they are mario andretti or some shizzzzzzzle. I saw some fuck in a k-car flying down the highway at about 140 flying from lane to lane (3 lanes) and cutting people off. Now 140 aint that bad if your car can handle it and you can drive, both of which were not the case here. another dumb young punk driving up my insurance. (I have made mistakes too, just so you know im not perfect either)

My Ride
    a wrx.

i fuckin hate rednecks driving old trucks that dont give a shit if they hit shit.

yeah if you think rice rockets are loud...these rednecks either have no muffler or some rusty straight pipe and of course no cat and smells like shit.

My Ride
    996TT

how about cocky white kids that want to race.

AND cocky white kids BAGGING their parents cars.

My Ride
    T4R & B8.5 S4

ya people that try and race thier parents cars piss me off.^^

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by air_mikey
    old asian ppl driving anything
    Damn those Chinese instructors will give anyone driver license.

Once saw this old dude on Country Hill Blvd 2 cars in front of me on the right hand side @ a red light.

He signal left, I said WTF, must've forgot to turn off. Light turns green, won't go. The guy in front of me horned and I horn, won't go. He start inching toward the left. I said to myself, he's !@# nuts. Left lane traffic is blowing by @ 60km/h with sun in everybody's eyes going uphill.

Sensing impending accident, I turned right and get out of there ASAP. My guess is he's trying to make a left turn at that intersection and missed the exit by staying on the right. These ppl should be shot.

My Ride
    something green

We were working deep in the heart of China town this week,every parking situation turned into a major drama where the family would bail out of the car and guide the driver into a spot 3 times larger than the car itself, even with that much space and all that help, the car still ended up crooked with one tire perched on the curb... And then when we were working inside the parkade, the parking attempts had us in tears laughing, its pretty hard to keep a straight face when some guy can't park a toyota echo between 2 posts that are 50 feet apart, on the first try, or even the chick that seems oblivious to how close she came to destroying 3 other cars plus her own, just trying to back into a spot... Its painful to watch.... Check the curbs out down there, its knee deep in broken light lenses, auto trim, and headlight glass....
    The young girls in the cavs and such are getting pretty bad, they think the have no fear which is bad thing to have on the roads in winter...I think the speed limits in this country are all 20 km's to low, but when you get chicks passing you at 100 km/h in a 50 zone , thats just irresponsible...
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Upass

"people who cant merge are the most dangerous of all i think. or close to it. but i dont know what kind of stereotype that is."

I dont got any problem with what you said here, im just wondering though, say you are merging into a lane where traffic is backed up to basicall the very back of the merge lane (shaganapi between Northmount drive and John Laurie to be exact) ever day after school its like this, I know you are supposed to merge at the end of the lane, but what do u guys do, just merge at the beggining to avoid hassle at the end from people thinking your cutting them off (when you are actually doing the right thing) or go to the end and try to squeeze in?

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

I stop at the start of the merge lane if there's idiots stopped blocking the lane, and once they get out of the way, merge properly, hopefully giving everyone behind me a chance to do it right as well.

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    pedals

Originally posted by Ek9Max
    how about cocky[/i] white kids[i] that want to race.

AND cocky white kids BAGGING their parents cars.
    Its not white kids, its kids ion general. BTW, we are in FUCKING canada, where most people are white. therefore you should really give some thought to you posts. Racial comments are generally not tolerated. this is minor, but fuck off all the same.
    Last edited by hjr; 02-16-2004 at 11:43 AM.

My Ride
    project empty wallet... Kouki Monster

i think the little punks with thier momma's car, the girls in the cav's, and the older asian drivers are the worst!... once i had one of the "roxy girls" change lanes right in to me no sholder, no signal so i hit the breaks and honk like theres no tomorrow and she gave me the finger i was like damn if she hit me, she would have taken out my whole front end

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by hjr
    Its not white kids, its kids ion general. BTW, we are in FUCKING canada, where most people are white. therefore you should really give some thought to you posts. Racial comments are generally not tolerated. this is minor, but fuck off all the same.

so you think targeting asians, redneck is not racial??? im not trying to get in a fight, but this is a total sterotype question which i think its ok if he targets a certain group, if u think its just kids in general then just say it, no need to get all piss off!

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

I just hate the fuckers that speed by you, pull in front of you and the SLOW DOWN. WTF is that, if you wanted to go slow, stay behind me

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast