Quantcast
Finally got my Mustang! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally got my Mustang!

Default Finally got my Mustang!

After a few months of daily looking on Ebay, Kijiji and just about everywhere else I am finally able to say I own a vintage mustang.

Its a 68 Mustang that has barely been driven since it has been restored. It came from Vernon BC. The last owner did the majority of the work, but before that it was owned in Vancouver, BC. Don't know anything beyond that.

It has a 302 4V with a 4 BBL 500 CFM Edelbrock Carb, and a C4 Transmission. I really wanted a standard, but this car was a pretty good price and worth the sacrifice I think. It sounds awesome.

The car was completely rewired with a Ron Francis Wiring system. It has the Dakota Digital Dash guages which I think is pretty cool. The stock stereo was replaced with an alpine system. I wish the old radio was there, and I would have went with one of the hidden units to have that still look stock.

Can't wait till I can cruise with it. I took it out yesterday to show it off to a few people, but it sounds like the snow is on its way again, so I imagine that will be it till Spring/Summer.

Hope you like it. I know I am going to love taking this out.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Sick

My Ride
    Exploded.

Not really digging the digital gauges but son of a bitch, that's a nice one.

My Ride
    RSX Type-S, 335i Coupe

Very nice! Going to be a sweet summer cruising ride!

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Yeah, the old radio would be nice and the digital guages seem out of place.....both minor things that are easily changed should you ever be inclined though so no big deal.

I don't like Mustangs of that era but if you do (like you), that's a hell of a nice example. It's a very nice car, enjoy it!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Looks like it's been pretty nicely modernized. Not a fan of these in general, but I can definitely appreciate the work that went into this one!!

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

I dig it, good find
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Calgary Transit/Corolla

colour is really nice and i dunno but i like the digital gauges i can understand how and why people would want the original pieces and stuff in there for a various reasons but i still think its really cool

congrats!

My Ride
    my bike

Saw this on your FB Greg, nice find!

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

So pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Nicely done.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Awesome purchase, that colour is clean.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Very, very nice. Love the color!

My Ride
    changes every year

Definitely a different direction than where my 68 is going, but clean nonetheless. Mine won't be original because of all the new parts and my own flavor but man, unsure about those speakers being there.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Holy shit that's a nice car!

Any way to build some sort of cover for the fuse panel? Looks a little out of place in an otherwise sano interior!

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    Definitely a different direction than where my 68 is going, but clean nonetheless. Mine won't be original because of all the new parts and my own flavor but man, unsure about those speakers being there.
    Are you talking about the kick panel speakers? Not sure there is much room to put the speakers anywhere else.

Ha Ha. Wondered if anyone would comment on that. I wondered why the hell you would mount it there. Until I got it and realized with how big it is, there isn't really any place to put it. I will be covering it, but not sure yet with what. I think the best would be to match the carpet, but I have no idea where I would be able to get a matching carpet for it that actually matches. I may just have to build a wooden box to match the wood grain.

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    Holy shit that's a nice car!

Any way to build some sort of cover for the fuse panel? Looks a little out of place in an otherwise sano interior!

My Ride
    Ferrari

Nice. 68. Arguably the best year of the classic mustangs. I had a 66' with a 6 cylinder for a little while. Bit of a piece but it was a good runner. Sold it to some guy who turned it into a GT clone with a huge ass engine.
    Life is too short to drive boring cars.

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by cornelius85

Are you talking about the kick panel speakers? Not sure there is much room to put the speakers anywhere else.
    actually thats my bad, i was looking at the post from my phone earlier and thought the cup holders were speakers and was kinda wtf? lol sorry.

i wish mine came with a console! i bet its nice to have a finished vehicle that you know for sure uyuoull be driving, il be lucky if i get mine out of the garage this year, even in the unpainted stage!

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

actually thats my bad, i was looking at the post from my phone earlier and thought the cup holders were speakers and was kinda wtf? lol sorry.

i wish mine came with a console! i bet its nice to have a finished vehicle that you know for sure uyuoull be driving, il be lucky if i get mine out of the garage this year, even in the unpainted stage!
    yeah I started looking at a base car that I could rebuild as I thought the wife would never go for spending that much money on a "toy". I found a car I decided to see what she thought of, and she gave me the go ahead which I never expected. Then the gears started turning to see if I could find a better car, and they just kept getting better and better. I have a side business building reptile cages, so that basically paid for it with some of the money I made last year. Couple that job with a full time job and the reality is I would never have the spare time, nor the know how to be able to restore a car like that, and paying to get one done for you usually ends up costing twice as much.

I haven't really ever gone to too many car shows, so I am excited for the summer to check a few out. I grew up in Lethbridge so I really want to go down for Street Wheelers weekend as well. I remember being in high school cruising around in my old Jetta cruising with all these awesome vehicles I wish I owned.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast