Quantcast
Playstation 4 - Page 40 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation 4

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

If you are looking for a good headset and have a PS4 and Xbone. I would suggest the Xbox one headset, or for $40 more the Turtle Beach XO fours.

Both will work on each console.

Picked up the Xbox one headset and they work like a charm on the PS4, sound great too.

Xbox Headset

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...88d879f319en02

Turtle beach.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...e81e865defen02

Just an FYI

PS4 prices are going UP in Canada.

If you’re Canadian and you’re in the market for PlayStation 4, then we have some bad news: PlayStation 4 is about to go up in price in your country. Related peripherals -- from the DualShock 4 to the PlayStation Camera -- will also increase in price.

Sony Computer Entertainment Canada has confirmed to the Toronto Sun that the price of PlayStation 4 will go up from $399.99 to $449.99. The DualShock 4 and PlayStation Camera each cost $59.99 now, but will soon cost $64.99. All price changes go into effect as of Saturday, March 15th.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/03/1...g-up-in-canada

My Ride
    Grimace

Great, thanks Sony!

Lets see now if Microsoft holds firm here, only $50 more for Kinect and Titanfall

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

How can they justify a $50 increase? Jeez.

The PS4 camera is almost as impossible to find as the console itself. Its kinda crazy. Alot of that is to do with playroom and being able to stream yourself on twitch.

And MS selling the one with Titan fall at the same price says something about their sales,or lack there of to be honest. Along with a price drop in the UK where they are being outsold 2-1. That $100 price difference is a big hurdle for them imo. Still early on so things can change. I bet they will offer a new model at a lower price eventually.

Saying that I agree, $50 more and you get TitanFall, and can probably find one of these on the shelf, unlike a PS4.
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 03-14-2014 at 05:41 PM.

My Ride
    Grimace

Well the currency is down 10% so it must be adjusted immediately to reflect this lost profit!
    Console goes up 13%, games go up 17%, greatttttt

MS is known for their bundles. Even though they are behind PS4 sales, they are still selling a ton of consoles. Maybe they are using PS4s lack of anyyyyyy good games, to try and sway people as I figured the first bundle would be a year out. I thought the UK price decrease was a currency thing too as the gbp increased in value compared to the USD.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

True on the bundles. Word is MS has no plans to increase price which is smart for them, they are already more expensive.

MS has been quiet on the sales front. Sony announced that the PS4 surpassed 6 million in sales a couple weeks back, not bad for a console that has 'no games'.

The majority of people out there are buying these consoles to play COD, BF4, Fifa, etc. PS4 plays all those, arguably better, for less. Main reason it is selling more, regardless of the xbox having more exclusives. Saying that, I agree Xbone has a better library at the moment. Doesn't matter to the masses however imo.

My PS4 is my BF4 machine for the most part. Once they get Planetside 2 on there I will be playing a crap load of that too. Yes I have these on PC but I cant be arsed to play on my PC lately.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The reason it's selling more is because Microsoft is terrible at manufacturing. They're simply making less.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by rage2
    The reason it's selling more is because Microsoft is terrible at manufacturing. They're simply making less.
    I disagree somewhat. I have seen Xbox ones on the shelves, even the Titan Fall ones recently. Have yet to see a PS4. If Sony is manufacturing more than MS and they are still almost impossible to find that is further proof of that. I can't see there being that big a gap in manufacturing. Have you read this somewhere? Time will tell.
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 03-14-2014 at 10:45 PM.

My Ride
    Grimace

Maybe it is still selling better because everyone had a hardon after E3 for PS4 along with saving $100 even though the online is now required to play.
    Lets review the exclusives:
    Xbox- Forza, Ryse, DR3, PVZ, Titanfall, Fighter Within (haha), Zoo Tycoon
    PS4 - Knack, Killzone, Infamous plus tons of shittttttttttty indie games that make all the difference

I suppose they could be playing COD, FIFA, BF etc like you said but there are like 4 good multiplatform games now also

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by schocker

I suppose they could be playing COD, FIFA, BF etc like you said but there are like 4 good multiplatform games now also
    They are, just look at the NPD numbers every month. COD, FIFA, BF4 etc. The exclusives are usually no where to be found. Funny thing is, I believe KZ Shadowfall is the highest selling exclusive for either. Over 2 million.

When big titles like Halo, GT, Gears ect drop those usually creep up the charts, however the multiplatform games rule.

Towerfall is not shitty! :P Too bad i has no online multiplayer.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/7/5482...tring-symphony

My Ride
    Grimace

I suppose towerfall really shows off the power of the PS4
    I think I will wait for a price drop now for PS4, by then there must be games!
    Still don't understand BF4 on console, PC master race only!

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

LOL, well thats usually not the point of indie games. Graphics <> good game.

If you only cared about multiplats the PS4 is the better choice. Most of us will own both so it does not matter. I have BF4 on PC too but I just don't enjoy playing it on there anymore. Don't use my PC at all really lately. Its weird.

/typed from my laptop :P
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 03-15-2014 at 11:36 AM.

My Ride
    Grimace

Yeah, but indie was a huge selling point from E3!!!!!!
    I enjoy my multiplats on xbox due to the controller and XBL. I have been playing more pc though as I buy too many games on steam. Maybe I will learn from my time with PS3 and not bother buying one for granturismo

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

You shouldn't be too quick to write off indie games. They have their place and can often push the genere more than the big budget titles.

I'm more partial to the ds4 but I like both controllers. More of my friends have ps4s too and don't game on PC so that helps.

Either way I enjoy both for what they are .

My Ride
    Grimace

Oh I do have a ton of indy games on PC. Would be nice for official drivers for Xbox one or PS4 so that I could use a better wireless controller than my logitech.

I am just hoping E3 has announcements for lots of new games for both and that previously announced games get release dates!

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by schocker
    Oh I do have a ton of indy games on PC. Would be nice for official drivers for Xbox one or PS4 so that I could use a better wireless controller than my logitech.

I am just hoping E3 has announcements for lots of new games for both and that previously announced games get release dates!
    Yea would be nice to use either controller on PC if you could. Officially of course, I think the DS4 can be used somehow. And hopefully E3 has some big titles announced for each platform. Sony is definetly lacking in that area at the moment. If they did a "definitive' version of Last of Us the way Tomb Raider was I would be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie. That updated Tomb Raider on PS4 is amazing looking, better than most games out at the moment. Was also a really good game. If I can pick it up cheap one day I probably will to play it again. Along with Last of Us its one of my fav games last year.

I have to give MS credit as they have been quick with the updates to the console adding missing features etc. Sony has been real quiet with regards to this. Although the one OS is a bit clunky still, its more robust. Sony had the streaming first which is just exploding at the moment, but MS has a proper twitch app which allows you to watch streams from anyone, not just the console.

*edit found this about the Xbox controller on PC.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/14/550...-rumors-to-the
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 03-15-2014 at 03:41 PM.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

PS4 is now $450 in Canada. Now only $50 difference between the XBone and PS4. I realize the dollar has dropped but $50 is a little steep.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by heavyD
    PS4 is now $450 in Canada. Now only $50 difference between the XBone and PS4. I realize the dollar has dropped but $50 is a little steep.
    Yea, posted back before all my rambling..

With the current conversion $399 US is about $443 CDN, not too far off I suppose. MS is smart if they keep their price the same. Mind you Canada is pretty small in grand scheme of things.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by ZEDGE

Yea, posted back before all my rambling..

With the current conversion $399 US is about $443 CDN, not too far off I suppose. MS is smart if they keep their price the same. Mind you Canada is pretty small in grand scheme of things.
    Canada is actually a top 10 word wide video game market which accounts for billions annually. Don't think that either Sony or Microsoft take us for granted.

My Ride
    2013 Scion FR-S

As far as indie titles go, I definitely recommend taking a look at Strider. Picked it up yesterday and played it a little bit, game definitely gave me a good challenge on normal difficulty, might have to dial it back a bit even... I must be losing it in my aging abilities.... Haha.

Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 ... LastLast