Quantcast
Acne out of nowhere, vitamins? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Acne out of nowhere, vitamins?

Default Acne out of nowhere, vitamins?

So I'm racking my brain the last couple of weeks on whats going on, I started getting acne on my shoulders and forehead a bit.. I'm near 30 yrs old and have had clear skin for years now.. The odd pimple here and there, but it seems I've got them daily now and I have no idea why..

If anything I'm eating better the last month, more active - but not sweating any major amount, I'm washing diligently with this in mind.. etc The only thing I can think thats different is that I started taking a regular 'one a day' vitamin a few weeks ago? But I think I had a couple pop up before I bought the vitamins..

I had started to use a different soap when I noticed it starting and went back to my old soap, so I dont think thats still it.. Drinking lots of water... etc

Its kind of driving me nuts though! Feel like a teenager again

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Drink a lot more water?
    Eat more food with antioxidants? (pills maybe?)

Maybe it's certain foods you're eating lately.

I'm hitting the water quite a bit.. And have actually switched to pretty well 0 fast food, and more home made wraps and stuff, full of peppers and veggies and stuff...rice, any breads are whole grain.. its odd that I start to eat better and this happens.. lol So unless someone's spiking me with roids, I don't know why the bacne all of a sudden.

No more stress then usual or anything.
    Last edited by Supa Dexta; 02-01-2013 at 07:08 PM.

My Ride
    FD1

+1 with water.
    I'm not sure about vitamins but I find alot of things can trigger my acne, I've notice increase intake of caffeine, and stress as well.
    could be that same with you?

dairy?
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like your body is detoxifying itself..... esp if youre used to eating fast food daily.

I went through a fruit and veg juice fast for a week years ago, and I found the same results: acne .... (I was also eating lots of fast food at the time)

Can't comment on vitamins specifically, but I had the same reaction when I was supplementing my diet with Udo's Oil.

See a doctor, your immune system seems iffy. When was your last physical?

Immune system is fine I think, I'm the only one in this house to avoid the flu.

May just be the eating better and/or starting these vitamins. No increase in dairy or anything. I'm a pretty healthy guy otherwise, but was lazy up until the new year with a broken arm and eating junky... I'm sure it will pass.

No answer to the question of your last physical. So let's see what it could be (your life, sidestep a doctor, your call):

A sudden outbreak of adult acne in a patient who's in his 30s or 40s can indicate type 2 diabetes; according to the American Diabetes Association, diabetic skin complications, including acne, occur in up to one-third of diabetes patients at some point. Because type 2 diabetes reduces the body's ability to heal from infection, acne in diabetics can be particularly difficult to treat.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/97...#ixzz2JlBgZxqK

Thanks, but not showing any other symptoms of early diabetes.

No physicals - Other than getting checked over when I bang myself up in one way or another.

Taking Vit E gives me zits, guaranteed.

Also Omega 3s.

Also make sure you wash yourself well after a workout. God I cringe at those people that just change after sweating buckets because they're too modest to show their dinkys.

Anything change in your life? Any big stressful events? I find when I go through A LOT of stress (busy season with work, when I was purchasing my house, etc) I would get zits on the back on my head... drives me nuts.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

So I havent been exactly scientific about weeding things out, but I stopped the vitamins and havent been eating the best again, and now I'm back to normal..

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    So I havent been exactly scientific about weeding things out, but I stopped the vitamins and havent been eating the best again, and now I'm back to normal..
    Do you sweat alot when you sleep? Maybe not cleaning pillow cases enough? Try sleeping on a new towel every day for a week. Worked for me before
    IG:scboss

Nah, And I actually had bought brand new bedding a couple of weeks ago, washed it before use....etc I still think it had something to do with those vitamins.. Ill try them again in a couple of weeks and see if it happens again.

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

Cycle off the roids.

Haha but seriously.

Vitamin A. Eat those carrots and sweet potatoes. Essentially thats what accutane is in mega doses. But I would suggest just tossing a couple cups of your colourful vegetables into your daily diet making 1 of them our orange friends.

Vit E and your B vitamins. Odds are though you aren't in short supply of those though.

The other one is potentially chromium and zinc. Chromium gets depleted faster when you have a higher sugar diet. Getting enough of these minerals help facilitate healing of skin infection and help heal skin.

Have those vegetables with fats though as A and E are fat soluble and it helps facilitate absorption.

So have a meal with whole grains (b-vitamins) some bright coloured vegetables (Vitamin A), a bit of extra virgin olive oil drizzled over (fats and Vit E) and have some red meats. Perfect meal really.

Dairy is high in Vit A as well but I have heard like mentioned earlier dairy could be a potential cause (pro-flammatory reaction to dairy proteins like an allergy)

This article may help:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/79...ns-clear-acne/

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Ever used oil of oregano? Might smell like a pizza afterwards though...lol

Oil of oregano acne benefits

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by suntan
    Taking Vit E gives me zits, guaranteed.

Also Omega 3s.

Also make sure you wash yourself well after a workout. God I cringe at those people that just change after sweating buckets because they're too modest to show their dinkys.
    Its not about dinkys - not everyone stinks after going to the gym and sweating buckets.

All I need is some deodorant and back to work I go

Nah, I understand that, but I've seen people drenched in sweat take off their stuff and then put on their street clothes and their shirt gets immediately wet. Yikes.