Quantcast
purchased bad used car, can i sue? *proof* - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: purchased bad used car, can i sue? *proof*

Originally posted by whydontchathen
    It's too bad you got cheated by a crook Ali, and it's too bad there's so much hostility here from other Beyonders. I hope you can find a way to get restitution.

$1000 is nothing to sneeze at. Not too many years ago (1996 & 97) I bought two cars, consecutively, each for under $600. Of course each of them only lasted a year, LOL, but I guess I did alright.....

But back to your problem. Did you sign the bill of sale too? If you signed it and he signed it, and it's dated, it could be considered a contract. I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not sure about this, but perhaps it's implied that a car sale is for a car that works. Not one that breaks down in under 24 hours.

If this had happened to me I would

A) contact the seller and ask for a refund. Appeal to his conscience, maybe he has one. And if he refuses to be honest about this rip-off, then

B) I would file a case with small claims court and try to get justice that way. Make sure you document everything that has happened, dates, mechanics' evaluation in writing if you take it to a shop.... etc etc.

Good luck!
    How was the seller a crook?

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

You guys rooting for "Ali" are forgetting that this is a $1k vehicle, and problems are to be expected. It's not exactly a 2012 car with 800kms on the clock. Small claims court wouldn't even waste their time with shit like this.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

It's too bad you got cheated by a crook Ali, and it's too bad there's so much hostility here from other Beyonders. I hope you can find a way to get restitution.

$1000 is nothing to sneeze at. Not too many years ago (1996 & 97) I bought two cars, consecutively, each for under $600. Of course each of them only lasted a year, LOL, but I guess I did alright.....

But back to your problem. Did you sign the bill of sale too? If you signed it and he signed it, and it's dated, it could be considered a contract. I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not sure about this, but perhaps it's implied that a car sale is for a car that works. Not one that breaks down in under 24 hours.

If this had happened to me I would

A) contact the seller and ask for a refund. Appeal to his conscience, maybe he has one. And if he refuses to be honest about this rip-off, then

B) I would file a case with small claims court and try to get justice that way. Make sure you document everything that has happened, dates, mechanics' evaluation in writing if you take it to a shop.... etc etc.

Good luck!
    Nothing in here is even close to being true.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Yeah, I was going to say, how the hell is a bill of sale a contract? no its far from it.
    Why would any seller give a refund? I have a good conscious too, but not when some random person has something for a week. Who knows what he did with it in that time frame.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by Disoblige

Did you even read the thread?..

Really? You would take someone to court even though you didn't do your own due diligence?
    He's an idiot, what do you expect?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Volvo

fyi, a signed bill of sale, dated, can be considered a contract. Are you a lawyer? then I suggest you call Dial-a_Law 234-9022, topic #515.

Originally posted by FraserB

Nothing in here is even close to being true.
    not too bright are you? making blanket statements about smth you know nothing about.....

fyi:

TRUE

And appealing to someone's conscience, expecting to be treated fairly, ie, as you would treat someone else, is not such a far-fetched idea, if you have integrity.
    Last edited by whydontchathen; 02-06-2013 at 05:10 PM.

fyi, a signed bill of sale, dated, can be considered a contract.
    what terms in said contract guaranteed a perfect operating van? oh wait there were no terms to that effect and the guy has no recourse

fyi, a signed bill of sale, dated, can be considered a contract. Are you a lawyer?
    And that "contract" says sold as-is, where is, meaning the purchaser agrees to having absolutely no recourse should something go wrong beyond the signing, because they wouldn't have signed unless they were satisfied with whatever amount of due diligence they did. The OP was upset that the kijiji ad didn't say "as is where is", which is hilarious.

Also the purchaser made no effort to do the standard used car due diligence.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-06-2013 at 05:17 PM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Argue with past precedent?

Beat a dead horse?

Ignore what was clearly written on the bill of sale by admission of the purchaser?

Prove the system wrong and take it to the man?

whydontchathen?!
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 02-06-2013 at 05:30 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

I called the seller and he said that the alarm has shut off the car, and there is a black button on the left side of the wheel that I should press with the ignition powered and than car would start again.

So I guess that may be the problem, but how do I fix this from happening again? i dont want to be giving car a boost everyday.

and please don't take shots at me, after all this is a car forum.

After all this is a car forum?

You really think that this being a car forum means that everyone and everything is so civilized all of the time.

You, sir, are in for another rude awakening.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride

Originally posted by Ali20
    I called the seller and he said that the alarm has shut off the car, and there is a black button on the left side of the wheel that I should press with the ignition powered and than car would start again.

So I guess that may be the problem, but how do I fix this from happening again? i dont want to be giving car a boost everyday.

rip out the alarm? or instead of the button put a cheap wallmart switch there and have it on/off when you want?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

^ it really must be from the NE for a 1000$ van to have an alarm.

Anyway, just pull the fuse for the alarm system. Not worth fixing.

Get a club if youre living in sketchville.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Years ago when I sold my DSM G1 Talon, I told the seller to contact me with any questions .

I got 2 phone calls, first for the stereo anti-theft code (my fault) and second, a frantic call from the side of a road about 2 weeks later after he drove the piss out of it and did something to the turbo - apparently the exhaust manifold was RED hot right after shut down - which is a great way to kill a turbo.

My Ride
    2010 Pontiac G3 GT Coupe 1999 Pontiac Sunfire (DD)

don't invest another penny into it.. If anything cut you're losses. PnP might give you $500 for it. but just a suggestion.

sounds like you may have had a electrical fire? maybe the brain for the alarm fried.
    It is frustratingly reliable, truly the cockroach of automobiles.

Originally posted by THE GOVERNATOR

don't invest another penny into it.. If anything cut you're losses. PnP might give you $500 for it. but just a suggestion.

sounds like you may have had a electrical fire? maybe the brain for the alarm fried.
    Pick n pull would probably give ~$200 for an older van, although I'd still recommend that Ali g or whatever sell it to them as he's obviously over his head

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Last edited by cam_wmh; 02-06-2013 at 11:28 PM.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    Whirlpool Deluxe washing machine

hi iam russek,

i sell u greart deal for van. need van for my many children with many wives.

i sell u great car! 1993 dodge neon. Just give kindly $1000 on top of your van.

Deal, da?
    First On Race Day, once.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Just sell it for $1000
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

You're a cheap cheap brown man, aren't you?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast