Quantcast
LAPD cop off the rails - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: LAPD cop off the rails

Originally posted by Kg810

Better yet, let me go tell Children's Hospital that they should treat everyone because we are all "SOMEONE's child though!!!!"
    May be bad but I LOL'd pretty hard at this.

It may be wrong to say but if things are still as bad as they were with the Rampart scandal and police brutality that went on with the LAPD it might be a good thing they might finally have their force scrutinized. It just sucks that it had to take something like this for it to happen.

I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, I’m terminating yours. XXXX, XXXX, XXXX, and BOR members Look your wives/husbands and surviving children directly in the face and tell them the truth as to why your children are dead.
    The officer that wronged him was a captain and eventually became a police chief. He has since retired, apparently he was one of the first chinese american born police chiefs. With respect to the shootings, it was a targeted kill in the parking lot of a University. He killed the daughter and her fiance as well.

In his manifest, it was retribution of killing someone's children and family, not necessarily when they are in their adolescence or preadolescence. Sorry I'm with Cdave on this one minus the moron comment. You didn't read the manifest or declaration before you posted, scenario of speaking before thinking.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Cops pretty much proved his point by shooting a Tacoma and Ridgeline. Shoot first, ask later. So far none of the cops are being punished and it's being passed as "an accident". If a regular citizen did that, it wouldn't be passed as an "accident".

I recommend people to read the uncensored version of the manifest, not the one with the names blurred out. The family of the victim that was assaulted confirmed Dorners claim in his manifest.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Apparently at the time, the only description was "dark blue or grey pickup truck" - they didn't know the make/model. That it was a black titan came out later. Still, 2 old asians or 1 giant black dude?
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

At about 5:30 am, Los Angeles Police Department officers on a protection detail of an unnamed LAPD official's residence in the Los Angeles County city of Torrance opened fire on a light blue Toyota Tacoma and shot two female occupants who were delivering newspapers for the Los Angeles Times.[19] The vehicle, according to officers, matched the description of Dorner's 2005 dark gray Nissan Titan and was moving without its headlights on.[18] A neighbor said the truck was used every day to deliver newspapers, and the women who used it kept their headlights off in order not to wake people up.[20] The two women were injured but are expected to survive.[21][22]

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

I wonder if anonymous will leak the dvd and documents

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    After reading his manifesto, I honestly feel for the guy. Personally, I would have gone after the people who directly wronged me first though, before I put my intentions out there.
    This, his manifesto is actually well written and articulated and doesn't even sound like the words of a raving mad man. It is so well written and descriptive that it it I believe his statement of the systematic corruption and racism in the LAPD.

Not saying his actions are justifiable, but the blue truck getting shot the shit up 20 times strengthens his assertions. Too bad he had to choose this method to get his point by.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

can someone PLEASE explain the blue truck. (tacoma).... how does that happen? there are bullet holes all over the rear and the front.
    Last edited by thetransporter; 02-09-2013 at 03:30 PM.

My Ride
    ED-7

Originally posted by Khyron
    Apparently at the time, the only description was "dark blue or grey pickup truck" - they didn't know the make/model. That it was a black titan came out later. Still, 2 old asians or 1 giant black dude?
    to the LAPD, seems like not knowing specifics of something they're looking for still justifies shooting the crap out of it first, and then seeing if they got the right person after.

I'd like to do that and get away with making decisions like that at work, but damn my workplace for making me responsible for decisions that I make.

You can so tell they went nuts on the truck with that many bullets shot.
    Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I swear he was thrown into the ditch by the VTEC sonic boom.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Originally posted by thetransporter
    can someone PLEASE explain the blue truck. (tacoma).... how does that happen? there are bullet wholes all over the rear and the front.
    What the hell is a "bullet whole?"

Wholey shit, your right, there not paying attention to they're words..

Originally posted by thetransporter

A neighbor said the truck was used every day to deliver newspapers, and the women who used it kept their headlights off in order not to wake people up.[20] The two women were injured but are expected to survive.[21][22]
    Case in point: DRLs save lives.

A

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

That truck and those two innocent women unfortunately became collateral damage of a war between one of the largest and most powerful gangs in the USA and a former gang member.

This situation to me sounds like a one man declaration of war.
    Everyone always says that during war the rules change and so maybe the LAPD are now playing by 'war rules' ie. shoot first and never ask questions.

Too bad that truck was not being driven by two drug running gang members both carrying weapons, they could have returned fire and killed the gang members who were attempting to kill them.

These two women experienced a small slice of how thousands of innocent afghan and iraqis have felt over the years being fired on for driving a taxi that vaguely matched the description of a terrorist vehicle.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 02-09-2013 at 10:48 AM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Originally posted by Modelexis

That truck and those two innocent women unfortunately became collateral damage of a war between one of the largest and most powerful gangs in the USA and a former gang member.

This situation to me sounds like a one man declaration of war.
    Everyone always says that during war the rules change and so maybe the LAPD are now playing by 'war rules' ie. shoot first and never ask questions.

Too bad that truck was not being driven by two drug running gang members both carrying weapons, they could have returned fire and killed the gang members who were attempting to kill them.

These two women experienced a small slice of how thousands of innocent afghan and iraqis have felt over the years being fired on for driving a taxi that vaguely matched the description of a terrorist vehicle.
    Look at what happened to Sean Bell. The police even took the time to reload.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Be...oting_incident

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

All I can say is that thank god our members in Canada are trained to a far higher standard and that the police here, while not perfect, act FAR more professional on a consistent basis than many of the clowns down there who wear uniforms.

Our civil liberties still have meaning up here, and while it always doesent appear so, the police here are held on average much more accountable than in the US.

If an incident like where the LAPD started shooting random vehicles happened to the RCMP, the PM would likely get involved and heads would roll.

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 02:15 AM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by kaput
    I'm surprised I haven't seen any calls for the officers to be charged with attempted murder. I'd expect the media to jump all over that. Charges seem justified IMO, how could they possibly defend their actions when the only connection between their suspect and these ladies is that they both drove a truck
    Your honor, they pointed a newspaper threateningly at me. I know I was looking for a lone 270 black gunman targeting cops, but these 2 chicks were damn ugly, and sitting next to each other, they looked to be around the 300lb mark, driving a completely different make, model and color of truck than what I was supposed to be looking for.

Seriously, mistakes happen your honor!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda

What the hell is a "bullet whole?"

I use android voice to text. Its not perfect.

I do not like when I say "because" and it types in "coz"

or "Do you want " becomes "Do you wanna"

However, I been enjoying this feature for years on my HTC.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Oh how different LAPD are from CPS or RCMP, this amount of corruption could never be possible here!
    We have all kinds of safeguards like internal police investigations and we can vote and make signs begging the politicians to restrict the power of police.
    CPS and RCMP have completely different DNA from LAPD cops, they think differently and CPS are not subject to the same human fault that LAPD are.

CPS are trained to not be corrupt and we have nothing to worry about.
    Sure they abuse their power from time to time, but I'm sure it won't escalate and it will never develop into something we cannot rein in.

We will never find ourselves asking how we allowed a police force to become so corrupt...

right...
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    4 doors, 4 cylinders

Originally posted by Modelexis
    Oh how different LAPD are from CPS or RCMP, this amount of corruption could never be possible here!
    We have all kinds of safeguards like internal police investigations and we can vote and make signs begging the politicians to restrict the power of police.
    CPS and RCMP have completely different DNA from LAPD cops, they think differently and CPS are not subject to the same human fault that LAPD are.

CPS are trained to not be corrupt and we have nothing to worry about.
    Sure they abuse their power from time to time, but I'm sure it won't escalate and it will never develop into something we cannot rein in.

We will never find ourselves asking how we allowed a police force to become so corrupt...

right...
    It's an entirely different culture down there. And you're an idiot. Probably the smartest idiot I've ever come across, which is probably the saddest part.
    Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast