Quantcast
Looking for a 2014 Subaru, any worthy salesperson to contact? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Looking for a 2014 Subaru, any worthy salesperson to contact?

Default Looking for a 2014 Subaru, any worthy salesperson to contact?

Searched a few threads, the information is dated so looking for a better direction.

Looking for a 2014 Subaru, not interested in any games and want the deal done within a couple of hours. I know what I want. Any Subaru salesperson Beyonders have be satisfied with? I am considering buying from a dealer in WA if Alberta is a bust.

Centaur Subaru
    Calgary

Subaru Calgary
    Calgary

Rally Subaru
    Edmonton

Subaru City
    Edmonton

Grande Prairie Subaru
    Grande Prairie

Subaru of Lethbridge Ltd
    Lethbridge

Scott Subaru
    Red Deer

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Id say Terry Bharti at Subaru Calgary or Scott Subaru. I dont know anyone outside of the managers at Centaur to recomend anyone there. G/L!

My Ride
    NC1

I bought my Tribeca from Terry Bharti. It was a reference from jdmXSI. He knew I was ready to hammer out a deal so there was no bs. I find that's how sales guys are, when they know you are serious, that's when shit gets done.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Horse

Default Re: Looking for a 2014 Subaru, any worthy salesperson to contact?

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
    Centaur Subaru
    Calgary

Rally Subaru
    Edmonton

Scott Subaru
    Red Deer
    I've heard mainly good things about the first two and only good things about the last. Never dealt with them myself however. Quick search on WSC should also yield a bit more info on these dealers.

My Ride
    NC1

What model Subaru are you looking at?

I am mulling over selling my Tribeca for an Impreza. I drive slow anyway and the fuel mileage would be much better. However friends have told me the new CVT is garbage and fuel mileage isn't quite as advertised. I average anywhere from 40-45000kms of driving/year so the savings would add up. Auto/AWD is almost a must or else I would have picked up a Fit and called it a day. My employees would be using the vehicle as well. Also strongly leaning towards a VW TDI.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

I am looking at a 2014 Forester XT (turbo for the mountain areas). I am also considering a diesel SUV/crossover from VW, Audi, Mercedes and Jeep. Keeping the vehicle for five plus years so a super extended warranty would be needed for anything from a non Japanese brand.
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 02-11-2013 at 02:13 PM.

My Ride
    Has four wheels

+1 for Terry @ Calgary Subaru. You'll hear horror stories about both dealerships. I've read that in terms of service, Scott Subaru in Red Deer are the best.

Calgary Subaru haven't done anything to piss me off (YET!), and dealing with Terry was painless in terms of the sale.

My Ride
    awd turbo

Ive dealt with both Centaur and Calgary Subaru; neither are the greatest dealerships in terms of service. I ended up buying from Calgary Subaru however not without problems. Complicated story but they worked it out in the end. I dealt with Chris Bennett who works on the Jaguar side but I think covers for Subaru on the weekends.

I would try Scott Subaru in Red Deer. It's a bit of a drive but Ive heard nothing but positive stories from that dealership.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by dumplings
    Ive dealt with both Centaur and Calgary Subaru; neither are the greatest dealerships in terms of service. I ended up buying from Calgary Subaru however not without problems. Complicated story but they worked it out in the end. I dealt with Chris Bennett who works on the Jaguar side but I think covers for Subaru on the weekends.

I would try Scott Subaru in Red Deer. It's a bit of a drive but Ive heard nothing but positive stories from that dealership.
    Isn't Bennett a sales manager of some sort? He was bossing around the other salesemen when I dealt with them.

My Ride
    awd turbo

Originally posted by heavyD

Isn't Bennett a sales manager of some sort? He was bossing around the other salesemen when I dealt with them.
    Yes, I believe he is. He's a pretty decent guy.

I drive an Impreza and got it under the impression that it does 1000km/tank like the dealership claims. This is so far from the truth. I get about 600km if I'm lucky and I drive quite conservatively. I did the drive to Seattle last summer and got about 650ish.

That being said its way better than my WRX and I appreciate the savings. I wasn't too thrilled with my service this time around and as such it will be my last Subaru.
    Last edited by bleu; 02-12-2013 at 08:36 PM.

1000 km a tank??

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by dumplings

Yes, I believe he is. He's a pretty decent guy.
    Yeah I don't mind him at all but at the end of the day he's still a saleseman playing the game like everyone else.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by bleu
    I drive an Impreza and got it under the impression that it does 1000km/tank like the dealership claims. This is so far from the truth. I get about 600km if I'm lucky and I drive quite conservatively. I did the drive to Seattle last summer and got about 650ish.

That being said its way better than my WRX and I appreciate the savings. I wasn't too thrilled with my service this time around and as such it will be my last Subaru.
    LOL you probably should have done some research. It's pretty common knowledge on the internet that the 2012 Impreza isn't nearly as fuel efficient as Subaru claims.