Quantcast
Beyond's Favourite Detailer? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Beyond's Favourite Detailer?

Originally posted by iceman2929
    I'm not sure if any of you remember Ray (used to manage Johnny Rocket's back in the day, and do detailing in the back of WS auto) but he opened up a shop a year or two ago and everyone I know ( well those that have nice cars and appreciate a high quality detail) go to him!

He charges a very fair price for the quality of work he provides, around $60/hr and is very honest business person. If your car needs two hours, that is what he will put in and that is what he will charge you for! I usually give him a nice big tip because I think he under charges for his work and how he treats myself, my family and my friends!

If any of you decide to check him out, tell him Chris sent you!
    Your his brother or related to him right? I saw your car there when I got mine done with him.

I spent just over 200 dollars with Ray, and while my car was really clean, he didn't correct any paint issues like swirl marks or scratches. He also forgot to do the engine bay, which is ok because he said to come back, I just never have done. He does a good clean, but he says that he has a 10 feet rule and if you can't see it from 10 feet, it's fine. If you're OCD like me, that's not good enough.

I spent 400 with Jed at Mobile Reflections and my car looked amazing. He got out all the marks, scratches, etc. You get what you pay for. Ray didn't do a bad job, it just wasn't what I expected. Would be fine for a lot of people I am sure.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by amorak

foot...so...far...smell...balls... Yes that makes sense...

Anyways, thanks for coming out as the world's worst attempted grammar nazi. You jumped in to critique a colloquial saying - Not my fault I handed you your balls.

tell your ESL teacher at Chinook I say hi! Let her know I am proud of you for getting a D.
    Wow dude.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Calgary Autospa is bad.
    Absolute Auto Detailing really bad.

I've had good experience/results at Supreme Shine, I don't know if those guys are still around or not.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6