Quantcast
North Korea tests another nuke - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: North Korea tests another nuke

WAR! Its on like Donkey Kong.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

Originally posted by ZenOps
    Obama seems to be neutral on consumption of marijuana as well. If more than half of the US states make it legal, I can imagine it will be done federally, and then it will be grown at a rate like corn - and instead of obesity at 30%, you will have stoners at 30%.
    You didn't take into account the munchies factor.

What you'd end up with is a bunch of obese stoners.

I think the US knows that they are probably more than responsible for a great deal of starvation in North Korea. Directly through war, indirectly through landmines, and pervsive in that North Korea had to ramp up its military or be wiped out by the US.
    I dont usually like to respond to you but one of the biggest problems is that North Korea destroyed most of their farmland building a dam (Nampo Dam).

Literally NOTHING is going to happen, the NK government is going to be really loud and scary so their people don't rise up... 5 years from now negotiations with the rest of the world will start up and they'll promise to stop making nukes in exchange for food and then they'll make nukes in secret and the cycle will repeat itself... again.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Zenopsland:

North Korea has the US military at its knees because it has a nuke that needs to be loaded on to a transport truck to actually get anywhere.
    Vettel's #1

Originally posted by CapnCrunch
    Zenopsland:

North Korea has the US military at its knees because it has a nuke that needs to be loaded on to a transport truck to actually get anywhere.
    Yes. Have you not been reading?

A low grade Uranium nuke would weigh about 800 pound to two tons. Easily equippable on any North Korean submarine as it would be no larger in size than two cubic meters (and rammable into any port city, anywhere in the world.)

North Korea may or may not have the ability to create a 30 pound Plutonium nuke with Tritium enhancer, which would be equippable on a rocket.

The rocket has never been necessary to destroy a coastal US city by two ton nuke.

Nuke the whales!
    Last edited by ZenOps; 03-08-2013 at 01:00 PM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Whats with all the Kim Jong hate. Dennis Rodman says he's a chill guy

It wouldn't surprise me if ZenOps is Kim Jong Un.

My Ride
    is wild

Yes. Have you not been reading?

A low grade Uranium nuke would weigh about 800 pound to two tons. Easily equippable on any North Korean submarine as it would be no larger in size than two cubic meters (and rammable into any port city, anywhere in the world.)

North Korea may or may not have the ability to create a 30 pound Plutonium nuke with Tritium enhancer, which would be equippable on a rocket.

The rocket has never been necessary to destroy a coastal US city by two ton nuke.

Nuke the whales!
    If you think they could get a nuke on a sub and anywhere near the usa you must be smoking some of that dope you talk about.

Where do you come up with this shit?

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

I think the China situation is the most plausible. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is an attack on South Korea and then China comes in to secure the area. Thanks to the states financial crisis China has to much wealth tied up with the states to allow North Korea to mess things up.
    The craziest thing in this thread is the thought of North Korea invading the states.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-16-2019 at 01:51 PM.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by FixedGear
    It wouldn't surprise me if ZenOps is Kim Jong Un.
    Most of his arguments are bat shit crazy, so I think your on to something here.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Counterpoint:
    NK has outdated subs which hide about as well as Rosie O'Donnell does behind a telephone pole. The US, Britain, China, and SK on the other hand all have far more advanced subs and sub tracking technologies... if NK drifts too far outside of their sandbox, it would get sunk. There is no way NK would get anywhere near the US coastline.
    Maybe. But its an awful risk to take.

Maybe Kim Jong Un took out a 30 year loan and bought a top of the line French stealth submarine from the black market... Stranger things have happened. Its not a nuke, so with enough money, or even trade for nuclear technology - one could potentially get a very advanced submarine.

Could North Korea sneak one into New York Harbor? I'd say, yes.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

There is no way NK would get anywhere near the US coastline.
    Says who?

Legitimately interested. It's easy enough to pick up stuff hurtling through the air, but you don't hear much about what techniques/technologies are in place to stop such a thing from happening.

I mean, billions of dollars of drugs are transported across the Mexican border every year. Is it that hard to imagine them making three small nukes and getting one slipped across the border. All it takes is the detonation of one in a city of a million plus people at the downtown area of said city during working hours and shit gets real quick. Or in the case of water, using three of their crappy subs with the same tactic?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Says who?

Legitimately interested. It's easy enough to pick up stuff hurtling through the air, but you don't hear much about what techniques/technologies are in place to stop such a thing from happening.

I mean, billions of dollars of drugs are transported across the Mexican border every year. Is it that hard to imagine them making three small nukes and getting one slipped across the border. All it takes is the detonation of one in a city of a million plus people at the downtown area of said city during working hours and shit gets real quick. Or in the case of water, using three of their crappy subs with the same tactic?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-16-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Says who?

The thing about nuclear arms is that emit radiation. Which can be detected for miles if its strong enough. The USBP uses technology so sensitive, they stop people that have ingested radioactive dye for medical procedures several days prior to traveling. Jong-Un would have a better chance of success by hand delivering it himself.

My Ride
    oooo

I spent some time with a guy that was a submariner in the US Navy all through Iraq and Afghanistan. There is absolutely no way a diesel submarine could get anywhere near the coast without being detected.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the waters around NK are patrolled by subs non stop. They wouldn't even make it out of harbor without being tracked.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by sillysod
    I spent some time with a guy that was a submariner in the US Navy all through Iraq and Afghanistan. There is absolutely no way a diesel submarine could get anywhere near the coast without being detected.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the waters around NK are patrolled by subs non stop. They wouldn't even make it out of harbor without being tracked.
    I'm pretty sure he was just being silly to illustrate how stupid it is to "buy the hype" and be afraid of a N Korean nuke.... from just one aspect.

The US air force pretty much guaranteed that an airliner could never be hijacked and run into the Pentagon.

And looky what happened there.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    You Crazy

The US air force pretty much guaranteed that an airliner could never be hijacked and run into the Pentagon.

And looky what happened there.
    It was a missile.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast