Quantcast
dodge Hemi - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: dodge Hemi

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Default dodge Hemi

My GF's littel sister is about to pick up a new truck and she has decided on the reg cab short box 4x4 hemi. Is this a good choice in your opinion? I think its a bit of an over kill for a 16 year old, but . Is there anything I should know about this truck before she drives it? Thanks for any input you may have towards the trucjk, I know nothing.

Steve

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Theoretically the 5.7L Hemi engine is efficient, powerful and reliable. Its brand new technology though so there's not a lot to know yet. Yeah its overkill for a 16 year old but hey to each his (or her) own right?

Thats a lot of power for a 16 y/o. Maybe you should suggest a Dakota with the 4.7. Still plenty of power, but smaller and easier to drive, not to mention better fuel economy. But the Ram is a solid choice IMO if she is set on that.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    pedals

its supposed to be a good truck, in regards to other trucks. the gas will be terrible in regards to almost ANY car. But it sounds like the parents a child-whipped so they will probably be paying the gas too. so no worries.

My Ride
    '99 cbr 600

Great choice!

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

thanks guys, yah, the gas issue came up, its BRUTAL from what I've read, but, the family dosent really have a truck either, so they though it would be good for the odd job, or couch moving or whatever. I drove it today and I really liked it, very stiff steering wheel and nice susp. pretty quick too . anyother input you may have, please feel to add.

Steve

I also test drove the srt-4, quick car, and sound awsome at idol. shifter felt like garbage, other than that, pretty cool car for 28k. BAD wheel hop through 1st and 2nd, basically no traction through 1st at all.

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Yeah the 2004 SRT-4 really needs a new set of rubber - they had Michelin Pilots for the 2003's.

The shifters on all neons feel crappy but its a $25 US mod to clean them up and make them shift smooth. I know, because my car has a neon transmission

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by 1badPT
    Yeah the 2004 SRT-4 really needs a new set of rubber - they had Michelin Pilots for the 2003's.

The shifters on all neons feel crappy but its a $25 US mod to clean them up and make them shift smooth. I know, because my car has a neon transmission
    not a flame, but isn't your car basically a neon with a different body?

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Not taken as a flame

The Neon and PT Cruiser are built on a shared platform. Other than the chassis, transmission and half-shafts the similarities end there.

Body is obviously different and so are the capabilities of both vehicles. Engines are different as well - the only engine shared between the two is the Turbo 2.4 (SRT-4 and PT Cruiser GT).

Very different cars although they share the same platform.

My Ride
    2001 Grand am

my only question is how would a 16y/o afford $700 a month payments PLUS probably $3-400 insuance for a new vehicle like that, yikes

As far as gas mileage is concerned the HEMI will do better then pretty much any offering from chev or ford with the same power, thanks to the head design and two plugs per cylinder. It's still a big truck though and mileage will be consistant with that.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Originally posted by t3rry
    my only question is how would a 16y/o afford $700 a month payments PLUS probably $3-400 insuance for a new vehicle like that, yikes
    her dad is gonna spring for it, I wouldnt say no

My Ride
    74 Nova-92 RMW-08 Aura XR-94 Sierra

Angry disgusting!

Im always disgusted when i hear of crap like this.. not anything against you obviously, but It pisses me off when these kids get handed shit like this! I had to buy all my vehicles I have owned.. I have payed for gas and expenses and all the mods I did to them and such!

I don't own beaters either.. I've owned
    (still own) my 74' Nova (first car turned weekend summer cruiser/racer), a 79' Lincoln Continental, 92' Cadillac Deville and now my 91' GMC 1500 4x4 Diesel

Damn yuppies and they're spoiled ass kids!

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Default Re: dodge Hemi

Originally posted by syeve
    there anything I should know about this truck before she drives it?
    Yes she needs to know that when the two of you are driving together, you are the one who is supposed to be driving it and not her.

Enjoy it man.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Default Re: disgusting!

Originally posted by dieselpower91
    Im always disgusted when i hear of crap like this.. not anything against you obviously, but It pisses me off when these kids get handed shit like this! I had to buy all my vehicles I have owned.. I have payed for gas and expenses and all the mods I did to them and such!

I don't own beaters either.. I've owned
    (still own) my 74' Nova (first car turned weekend summer cruiser/racer), a 79' Lincoln Continental, 92' Cadillac Deville and now my 91' GMC 1500 4x4 Diesel

Damn yuppies and they're spoiled ass kids!
    dont worry, I dont really disagree with you...It is way too much to give a "kid" a $40k truck, she will no doubt crash it, hit someone or get a stunting ticket (not necessarily in that order).

Your payiing for a name. id seriously go with the cummiings turbo diesel.

wow a teen getting a hemi..i doubt she could handle a 240sx properly never mind a beast like that...for god sake if she must obtain this make dam sure its an automatic she has enough to worry about in that thing let along what gear shes in...this be the reason we pay so much damn insurance twinkie chicks who drive with there heads in the clouds "you all know what im talking about" but hey at least she gets big phat mirrors to do her make up in..

sorry for the rant but my 800 dollar a month insurance cost does this to me sometimes. Id have to agree with diesel power on this one...its bullshit cause you know shes not even going to be able to park the fuckin thing let along navigate through traffic.

HEMI = Trouble the Dodge Mechanics are having a tough time working on them because they are still in development stages... Expect to wait anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks for Warranty work.

As far as the tranny goes, there seems to be tons of problems with the trannys, as in two or three a day going in for warranty work....

im 16 so i would love to have that truck but i would recomend down sizeing the engine. im pretty sure she would have some trouble handiling that much power. try going with a big v-6 4l is not bad

im 16 so i would love to have that truck but i would recomend down sizeing the engine. im pretty sure she would have some trouble handiling that much power. try going with a big v-6 4l is not bad

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast