Quantcast
Drywall Quote - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Drywall Quote

My Ride
    Mazdaspeed 6/2003 P5/1970 Charger

I ended up going through Calgary Renewals. Fair price and they did a great job.
    I aint no junky.... I just keep it funky

Developed 860 sq ft of living space in a 1050sq ft walkout basement and used approx 2700 sq ft of drywall, half basement had 9 foot ceilings and a stairwell. Cost to me, including mud/tape, drywall, labour and textured ceiling was $4800 cash. Guy worked by himself and took 2 weeks but did an awesome job. Had 2 other quotes coming in up to $6500. All my quotes came from Kijiji advertising companies.

When the texture guys showed up to do the ceiling they commented on how great it looked and said it could be painted vs textured!

My Ride
    4Runner

Originally posted by charlie2
    Developed 860 sq ft of living space in a 1050sq ft walkout basement and used approx 2700 sq ft of drywall, half basement had 9 foot ceilings and a stairwell. Cost to me, including mud/tape, drywall, labour and textured ceiling was $4800 cash. Guy worked by himself and took 2 weeks but did an awesome job. Had 2 other quotes coming in up to $6500. All my quotes came from Kijiji advertising companies.

When the texture guys showed up to do the ceiling they commented on how great it looked and said it could be painted vs textured!
    Awesome, thanks!

My Ride
    toyota MR2

Originally posted by charlie2

do you still have his contact info?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Default Drywall

Developed my basement approximately 1000 sq feet was developed.

Drywall boarded myself and with the help of a few friends. Paid a guy I knew (that only works for builders about 1250 to come mid and tape. Was impressed the drywall was boarded so well.

A good mud/tape guy is a must. Can't stress this enough!

All in all did my full basement with a premium carpet and a 500 gallon fish tank for about 8-9 k

My Ride
    4Runner

Default Re: Drywall

Originally posted by loweg
    Developed my basement approximately 1000 sq feet was developed.

Drywall boarded myself and with the help of a few friends. Paid a guy I knew (that only works for builders about 1250 to come mid and tape. Was impressed the drywall was boarded so well.

A good mud/tape guy is a must. Can't stress this enough!

All in all did my full basement with a premium carpet and a 500 gallon fish tank for about 8-9 k
    Nice. I'm thinking the time it will take me to board (planning to do ceiling as well) will be worth the labour cost to me. Also worried about doing a subpar job and having to pay someone to demo and redo the work.

How much was just the carpet, if you don't mind me asking?

Originally posted by funkytuqe
    I ended up going through Calgary Renewals. Fair price and they did a great job.
    11k sounded pretty high to me too based on conversations I've had/have with my contractor clientele. Jerry's a good guy, I used to do cleanups for him years ago. I've seen his work, sounds like you made the right choice!

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Why can't i find people that will do my 622 square feet basement for under $ 12,000?
    I'm getting quotes for $20,000 plus.
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2