Quantcast
What's with deadbeat husbands? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: What's with deadbeat husbands?

My Ride
    AWOL

Originally posted by sputnik
    The problem with Myers-Briggs is that you can easily fake the test to turn your results into something you WANT to be rather than something you are.
    That's true of any self-administered profile. If you delve deeper into her blog, you'll see that she runs seminars about personality types, including how to easily recognize and classify people's actions and words. It's a spectrum really; my results vary slightly depending on test and mood, but it's always in the right neighborhood.

What you really need to worry about is things that actually can totally modify a person's behavior. Borderline personality disorder and others can basically mean that you wake up one day next to a totally different person. Also, birth control hormones drastically modify a woman's behavior and mating preferences, since they basically convince her body that she's pregnant.

Originally posted by msommers
    Did you know that half of marriages these days end in divorce? 50%! So I said, "Lets look at it a different way. Say there is a street you want to cross. The problem with this street is that half the people crossing it get hit by a car and die. Still interested in crossing it?!"
    If you don't have kids, is divorce really that tragic? How does it even work anyway, with stuff and money? And wtf is with alimony? Where's my pussy payments!?

Originally posted by Canmorite
    ...They complain about how they can't find a good guy. A good guy doesn't want you!
    Oh so this. Career partygirl waitress gets old quick, usually about two hours

My Ride
    NC1

You can always party. You can always travel. You can do whatever you want whenever you want. Friends come and go and you will always find new ones who align to your lifestyle at that given time. I use to think you have to do certain things by a certain age or else the "experience" "fun factor" won't be there. What a big pile of shit. Just keep acquiring currency and you will always have opportunity.

I think my HELOC jokes are played out now so no one drop that on me anymore please. LOL
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by max_boost
    Just keep acquiring currency and you will always have opportunity.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by msommers
    Getting married these days, in Alberta, is such a gamble. I remember a comedian talking about divorce rates and was funny, yet really put it in perspective:

"Everyone is getting married these days man. All my friends are like, 'When you gonna grow up and settle down?' Marriage is scary man. Did you know that half of marriages these days end in divorce? 50%! So I said, 'Lets look at it a different way. Say there is a street you want to cross. The problem with this street is that half the people crossing it get hit by a car and die. Still interested in crossing it?!'"

Not the same guy, or at least not the same bit, but here's this:

Wow a thread by grown men discussing why other grown men aren't as awesome as they are... Sounds like an Oprah topic lol

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Originally posted by A790

How do I do that? I have a hard time attracting foreign workers. Most of my applicants are deadbeats, white trash, or the young party girls that don't give a shit.

The ones I hire are almost always the exception to the rule, but it's getting harder and harder to find decent workers.
    [Stereotype]If you're looking for reliable cleaning staff, we have found that vietnamese women are incredibly thorough and hardworking.[/stereotype]

Your best bet is to stay away from kijiji and online ads and post a short, concise, and comprehensible (to ESL) ad in the areas where local ethnic people congregate. My mom has had cleaning ladies for over 20 years, almost all of them Vietnamese and Filipino because she's found them to be the hardest workers. It has a lot to do with appreciation for their job and earning a day's pay which is intrinsic to their culture.

1. Type out the ad. Short and sweet with wage in large bold font.

2. Print 20 copies.

3. Head to 17th Ave SE and Chinatown. Spend an hour visiting all the Vietnamese businesses and posting on message boards.

4. You'll have 20 calls from qualified, interested, and hardworking immigrants in the first week.

Originally posted by heavyfuel
    Wow a thread by grown men discussing why other grown men aren't as awesome as they are... Sounds like an Oprah topic lol

You have no business in a thread about awesome men, see yourself out.

Originally posted by Supa Dexta

You have no business in a thread about awesome men, see yourself out.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I am awesome. You know what else is awesome? A dude online at 2:13 AM on a weekend telling another dude that's he's not awesome.
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 02-16-2013 at 08:48 AM.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by heavyfuel

I am awesome. You know what else is awesome? A dude online at 2:13 AM on a weekend telling another dude that's he's not awesome.
    Am I awesome because I didn't respond at 3AM last night even though I saw the thread??

I was up for a bit because my daughter had a nightmare about giant mange wolves (wtf??) that were hunting her down and were going to eat her. So, I went on a mange wolf hunt with my faithful dog through the house and then killed and ate them all. No more mange wolves. Then I had to snuggle for a bit because I had a tummy ache from eating them all, so she comforted me for a bit till she fell back to sleep.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    '16 GMC HD '94 MKIV SUPRA

Originally posted by max_boost
    You can always party. You can always travel. You can do whatever you want whenever you want. Friends come and go and you will always find new ones who align to your lifestyle at that given time. I use to think you have to do certain things by a certain age or else the "experience" "fun factor" won't be there. What a big pile of shit. Just keep acquiring currency and you will always have opportunity.

I think my HELOC jokes are played out now so no one drop that on me anymore please. LOL

This!!!!

I'm 28, own a business and a couple properties, sure I've made sacrifices to get to where I am...however I have never lost touch with having fun along the way all the guys on here talking about not acting like your 18 anymore are either trying to hide who they are because they THINK that's the way your supposed to act or they never really got into the party scene in the first place! (I'm not trying to take a stab at anyone either) I don't have a wife, I don't have kids...so why would I sit around at home and not go out? What was said about friends and finding new ones is also 100% true, if ppl just want to bitch and complain how shitty there lives are I don't need to be a part of it, I will find new ppl to hang out with.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4