Quantcast
What's with deadbeat husbands? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What's with deadbeat husbands?

My Ride
    AWOL

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

You look like you might be baby-making material. But first, take this Myers Briggs test! It will determine your suitability as a partner.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by ercchry
    Im talking 20-26 year olds... it feels like 80%. i can count married friends on one hand and home owners on two... lost track of random trip taking partiers who are still taking their undergrads after 6 years
    Bingo, echos what a said a bit further up the page, and it's completely right.

I'm 26, lost a lot of friends because of career/financial choices I've made (focused on building income, not so much partying, etc.). Don't miss them. They bitch/complain about money issues constantly. I don't.

It's almost like there's a correlation there...

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by A790
    They bitch/complain about money issues constantly. I don't.

I hate people who have no money but complain about it. The worse are those who aren't willing to change their lazy lifestyle and blunting say "Yeah, but I'm lazy.. Hahaha"

These people are poison to me and I stay away from them.

My Ride
    AWOL

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    You look like you might be baby-making material. But first, take this Myers Briggs test! It will determine your suitability as a partner.
    Yeah, she's quite obsessed with Myers Briggs types, statistics and mo money. I figured it would resonate well with the crowd here.

Originally posted by FixedGear
    The problem is that many people are too young when they get married and start having kids. Many people are kids themselves when they start having children. In these cases, neither party is ready for a long-term marriage, let alone raising kids. This is why divorce rates are so high, and why so many children come from "broken homes."
    I think there was an Outer Limits episode in which the synopsis was something like:

Female humans have been genetically modified so they can't naturally reproduce. If a couple qualifies under the "Proper Parenting" act, they are given pills which allow them to reproduce.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

^^ Sluts galore in that world

Originally posted by Disoblige
    ^^ Sluts galore in that world
    After I wrote that post, I walked away thinking, "We can screw all we want with no worries about having a kid" lol.

Originally posted by Grogador

Yeah, she's quite obsessed with Myers Briggs types, statistics and mo money. I figured it would resonate well with the crowd here.
    The problem with Myers-Briggs is that you can easily fake the test to turn your results into something you WANT to be rather than something you are.

I recently overheard a guy at work losing his shit on the phonew ith his wife saying - I MADE 288K LAST YEAR, AND WE SPENT IT ALL! --- AND WE HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT!!

Give your head a shake. ps, shes a student, doesn't work, and drives around in a benz suv
    Last edited by Supa Dexta; 02-15-2013 at 07:23 AM.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Really is sad to see some of those people who have no motivation or drive. I'm a little younger guy and just trying to set myself off well but I do have a couple friends that I'm afraid aren't making the right choices.
    They don't study hard in school and tend to give up on stuff way to easy in life it's almost like living in a dream world or something. Sometimes you just need to wakeup and think about the future. I feel there is a line between following your dream and being realistic.

Originally posted by A790

Bingo, echos what a said a bit further up the page, and it's completely right.

I'm 26, lost a lot of friends because of career/financial choices I've made (focused on building income, not so much partying, etc.). Don't miss them. They bitch/complain about money issues constantly. I don't.

This! I never went on the annual or semi-annual trip to Mexico when I was younger... In fact I've never even been to Mexico yet or even to Las Vegas , but those friends who "LIVED LARGE!" when they were younger are my age (late 20's, early 30's) now who are scraping by and bouncing from job to job because they don't have any work ethic. Now, they're the ones who can hardly re-fuel their car and I'm the one going on vacations.

It's just entertaining to watch these types of people from the sideline on facebook every few months saying "Got laid off again I really have no luck this year!"
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Default Re: What's with deadbeat husbands?

Last edited by Cos; 12-30-2016 at 04:12 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Getting married these days, in Alberta, is such a gamble. I remember a comedian talking about divorce rates and was funny, yet really put it in perspective:

"Everyone is getting married these days man. All my friends are like, 'When you gonna grow up and settle down?' Marriage is scary man. Did you know that half of marriages these days end in divorce? 50%! So I said, 'Lets look at it a different way. Say there is a street you want to cross. The problem with this street is that half the people crossing it get hit by a car and die. Still interested in crossing it?!'"

Ultracrepidarian

Whats the deal with crazy lazy women these days with no domestic skills either?

Last edited by Cos; 12-30-2016 at 04:12 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Did the OP pull a Ali20??
    asdf

Originally posted by sputnik

Sure its possible. It just means you have to be reasonable with your budget and your materialistic expectations.
    Exactly, people today "NEED" two new cars, a Mcmansion, all kinds of electronics, toys, 3 vacations a year to $$$$$ locations, etc, etc, etc

Minor edits but for the most part, if you're not retarded with your money, all these things are possible and more so if you're DINK's in O&G.

Originally posted by D. Dub

Exactly, people today "NEED" two $100k new cars, a MILLION DOLLARMcmansion, all kinds of electronics, toys, 3 vacations a year to $$$$$ locations, etc, etc, etc
    asdf

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by KappaSigma
    Whats the deal with crazy lazy women these days with no domestic skills either?
    Not all of them are, but I've had this conversation with a friend recently. Lots of single girls in their late 20's early 30's, all career girls so far and all they do is party and 'go out', spend too much on vacations, are uninteresting/uninspiring people, know nothing about the real world in terms of politics/economics/world events and can't hold an in-depth conversation. Can't cook, can't do shit, but are 'pretty'.

They complain about how they can't find a good guy. A good guy doesn't want you!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast