Quantcast
This is how I am getting Subaru VIP pricing without currently owning a Subaru. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: This is how I am getting Subaru VIP pricing without currently owning a Subaru.

Default This is how I am getting Subaru VIP pricing without currently owning a Subaru.

Join the The International Mountain Bicycling Association (Canada) for as little as $35 and enjoy Subaru VIP prices on a new Subaru. You need to have been a member of IMBA for a minimum of six months to qualify for this deal.

http://www.imbacanada.com/subaru

Subaru Canada's VIP Program provides IMBA Canada individual/family members with an opportunity for significant savings on the purchase or lease of a new Subaru.* The program is open to all Subaru models including the WRX, STI, BRZ (April 2013) and XV Crosstrek models.

To take advantage of this benefit, simply contact the IMBA Canada office BEFORE shopping for a Subaru. Our staff will arrange to have a letter of introduction mailed to you as well as to your pre-selected local dealer. The letter will indicate that as an IMBA member you are eligible to purchase or lease the car at the VIP price. You must be a member of IMBA Canada for 6 months before you qualify for the VIP Partners Program. Please contact us for more details.

Non Canuks look here for the same deal: http://www.imba.com/international
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 02-13-2013 at 02:39 PM.

My Ride
    my bike

Their page is contradictory.

from their FAQ

Q. Is this offer open to any vehicle?

A. Most models are available. However, the Impreza WRX STI is not available. Certain models may be temporarily excluded subject to dealer availability.

My Ride
    Trucks

VIP price means what exactly? Like an AMA discount? (5$)

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Is there anyone who purchased an STi, or particularly a BRZ with VIP pricing?

What about any other offers, such as the $750 grad rebate? Just curious how much the VIP pricing takes off the BRZ and STi, and if both dealers in Calgary have the same prices. I heard in other provinces and states, it was a huge PITA.

Originally posted by Darell_n
    VIP price means what exactly? Like an AMA discount? (5$)
    For the Outbacks and Foresters it is usually only about $200 over invoice.

My Ride

Or did you guys just haggle the price instead on an STi?

New BRZ/STi owners, chime in

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by Disoblige
    Or did you guys just haggle the price instead on an STi?

New BRZ/STi owners, chime in
    STIs are in limited supply right now. I got lucky and claimed one that was on the ship over from Japan and should be arriving in a week or so. Guys in USA are waiting 3-4 months from order time.

I got the loyalty lease break too so that made a difference. BRZ and STI are excluded from even the auto show 500 bonus voucher so you can't expect to get cost plus a few hundred on these as you are able to get with imprezas/foresters etc.

My Ride

Maybe this VIP pricing stuff is not really popular? Seems like not a lot of people are taking advantage of it and next to no information is available on the discount they offer on other forums and whatnot.

$750 grad rebate seems to be the best deal if you've been out of school 2 years or less.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Aleks

STIs are in limited supply right now. I got lucky and claimed one that was on the ship over from Japan and should be arriving in a week or so. Guys in USA are waiting 3-4 months from order time.

I got the loyalty lease break too so that made a difference. BRZ and STI are excluded from even the auto show 500 bonus voucher so you can't expect to get cost plus a few hundred on these as you are able to get with imprezas/foresters etc.
    Still no car?

My Ride

Not yet. I have never had to wait this long for a car before. The only good thing is I may not have to worry about tires once I pick it up.

My Ride
    '98 Camry

I'm just starting to look at the numbers, but is it still worth it to go across the line to pick up a new Subaru?

I am looking at possibly a new Legacy 3.6r Limited.

My Ride

Originally posted by Penis McNickels
    I'm just starting to look at the numbers, but is it still worth it to go across the line to pick up a new Subaru?

I am looking at possibly a new Legacy 3.6r Limited.
    I thought USA dealers were only allowed to sell used Subarus and not new ones to Canadians?

My Ride

The only thing that always worries me about cross border shopping is warranty.

This sounds gay:

The car must either be returned to the U.S. for warranty repairs, or the owner can have the car repaired by a Subaru dealer in Canada, pay for it in full, and submit the bill to Subaru U.S. for re-imbursement. Keep in mind, this is basically a “gentlemen’s agreement” and Subaru USA can change its policy at anytime.
    http://www.apa.ca/CanadianWarrantyin...eUS.asp#Subaru

My Ride
    '98 Camry

Originally posted by Aleks

I thought USA dealers were only allowed to sell used Subarus and not new ones to Canadians?
    There is no such agreement; however, some dealers do get pressure not to sell to Canadians. You have to call around to find a dealer willing to sell. I believe there are some in Idaho and possibly Montana.

As for warranty, I believe the agreement to reimburse is still there and has been for several years now. Reading around the internet people haven't really encountered any real problems with this arrangement. However, I will keep digging.

Also, I am hoping that Subarus (non-turbos) are pretty reliable and I should only be on the hook to claim regular maintenance.

I think there is at least $5k in savings. I will be crunching the numbers in the near future.