Quantcast
Destiny - Page 85 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 85 of 105 FirstFirst ... 75 84 85 86 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2099

Thread: Destiny

My Ride
    2013 Scion FR-S

Haha, in my defense, I'm a machine when it comes to Unsung Hero medals... That game I most definitely sniped a few kills after the target was team shot. Oh well, feels nice to have a game where I get to be on the other side of the assist wagon for once! Haha.

I'm really starting to regret not buying TLW one of the 4 times it's been available.. Now here I am, waiting to get it as a drop somewhere or for Xur to sell it for a 5th time. Haha. I haven't really ever tried pulse rifles in pvp before, but I had a number of people stomping on me with Red Death this past week. I did manage to snag a Spare Change pulse rifle from one of my games yesterday that rolled amazing pvp perks: Sureshot IS (the iron sights with superb target acquisition), third eye for active radar while ADS, hand laid stock for huge stability buff at the cost of some range, and Hidden hand for even more target acquisition. Needless to say, I was quite content with that right out of the box. No re-rolls necessary. Tried it in a couple of normal crucible matches yesterday and it is a headshot monster. Just need to play with it a bit more to get used to the whole pulse rifle schtick.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

I tried using Red Death for a bit too but Thorn is so busted, if you duel a Thorn w/RD even if you kill them first, the poison stops your health from regenerating. That was messing with my bladedancing too, guys would tag me with Thorn then Hungering Blade wouldn't kick in so I'd die to a melee kill right after.

Thorn's range is one thing but the damage is just too high. Unless you are a max armor Warlock wearing the Ram helmet (extra 15% armor) you will die in two headshots because you bleed to death.. Thorn shoots roughly three times per second so they kill you in 0.34 seconds. A good Thorn guy will pop you twice then run away because he knows the fight's over. Red Death, if you shoot it perfectly, takes 0.67 seconds to kill but usually you have to fire three bursts so that's 0.93 seconds.. if Thorn needs three shots, that's still only 0.73s and only two of them need to be headshots.

TLW all hip fired body shots, full auto, kills in 0.53 seconds. The two headshot kill takes 0.26 seconds which normally would be okay because it is so hard to hit someone in the head from the hip, but it glitches out on a regular basis so you still get bonus damage ADS.

For reference post-nerf Suros takes 1.2 seconds to kill with all headshots .. MIDA takes 0.9 and heavy machine guns 0.4-0.5 seconds. I stopped using MGs not because of rockets, but because if you go toe to toe with a Thorn or TLW you probably will lose unless you get 1st shot.

if you guys want to geek on Crucible as hard as I do, this is the spreadsheet some dude made that I pull all these numbers from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=sharing#gid=0

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Originally posted by ArjayAquino

haha i'm the same way. I've switched to gunslinger for pvp now as it seems more effective for me especially with the symbiote helmet.
    I have the Symbiote and maxed gunslinger but the gunslinger doesn't have blink, backstab and arcbolt grenades so I think I enjoy bladedancer more .. trip mines were good once upon a time but they don't seem to kill people that often anymore.

I'm trying to get a feel for both though because of the supers, I definitely like golden gun better than bladedancer. I really hated my hunter for the first couple days I played this weekend, but now that I'm getting a feel for them I an having more fun. Still like my warlock better tho

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I guess I lucked out and got TLW as my very first POE 28 treasure chest drop. I got the MIDAS over the weekend... I got Icebreaker out of my very first legendary engram.... I guess RNGeesus likes me :P
    Geek

My Ride
    2013 Scion FR-S

Thanks for the number b_t. That really confirms my suspicions about many of the weapons in crucible. And the Thorn poison information in regards to how it interacts with Hungering Blade/Red Death heals makes a lot more sense now. I died quite a bit during my Arc Blade this past week in Iron Banner and it was blowing my mind how fast it was happening, even with Hungering Blade. Bungie really seems to have issues with certain proc interactions in this games. This is only the latest. The other one that comes to mind is the Black Hammer sniper, when it was broken and White Nail wasn't procing when you had the hive major dmg perk unlocked. Seems to be a reoccurring theme.

Vagabond, just wait. Your luck will run out eventually, and when it does, you'll get it twice as bad as you did when it was good! Haha.

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

Originally posted by b_t
    if you guys want to geek on Crucible as hard as I do, this is the spreadsheet some dude made that I pull all these numbers from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=sharing#gid=0
    that looks pretty handy, thanks.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Thorn is definitely a very OP gun. Before the DLC if I found myself against a lot of Thorn users I would switch to one. But with the DLC and gun reroll I found that you can get legendary weapons to counter it, high caliber rounds or explosive rounds definitely, disrupts the enemy's aim. The whole IB I just used my beast of a scout rifle and 70% percent of the time I'll win or the thorn user would hide to recoup or go another route. Upgrading this weapon to 365 definitely helps since most players use exotic primary with 365 damage.

The bad part is I'm getting so attached to this scout rifle that I don't even use my other guns! Hahaha!

In regards to the blade dancer, I've always used it in PVP since I had my hunter. Blink strike does need to get used to and timing is the key for getting up to ledges and windows. But if you have a shotgun, blink is your best friend. I've also seen hunters use crouch disappear rather than hungering blade which I think is pretty stupid. There are very very few players I've seen that used invisibility very effectively. Getting your health back for every kill with your super and melee is way better and will keep you alive.
    Last edited by DENZILDON; 06-09-2015 at 12:53 AM.

Well I can tell you for certain that Thorn helps PvP Noobs. I am totally a Noob, don't even know the maps, and can still beat up people by using Thorn.

If you catch anyone off guard, as in they are looking away, you can take one shot and basically even though now they know you are there, they are already screwed. One head shot and they will be dead or just 2 to the body at that point.

Often I'll pop them twice and just back up and let the poison kill them. Even if they manage to respond quick enough and kill me, they almost always die too from the poison. Three body shots and they are dead for certain.

Thorn feels like cheating. When I'm battling a Thorn, if I get hit I will hide quickly if possible and then try to get that last hit on them.

The one gun that seems to kill me a LOT from close is The Last Word. I have that gun too and it is maxxed but I never use it. However, it sure seems like guys who are good with it, when they are pretty close to me, just one shot me. I often don't even have time to shoot them maybe once and I'm instantly dead. I'm sure it's a one shot kill because it seems tooooo fast!

Either way, Thorn is great for picking people off at a medium distance.

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

TLW usually needs three shots but that still takes only about half a second. The perk gives it bonus damage shooting from the hip, so it can kill in two headshots.. that wouldn't be a big deal cuz hitting somebody's head from the hip is hard but it glitches out quite often and you still get the bonus damage aiming down sights so it'll drop you in a quarter second.

If they fixed the glitch I'd be fine with TLW because the range is so short. Maybe reduce the RoF a little bit. It is just super stylish and fun to use, I don't think they could make any big changes to it without wrecking the fun factor.

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

Hilarious crucible glitch

I got a 15 kill streak on Iron Banner. Unfortunately, I was using my kids account as he needed some help getting to Level 5.

The game started, I got killed. Then I went and killed 16 people in a row and didn't die. So had a 16.0 K/D with the 15 kill streak badge which I've never got on my own account.

My Ride
    North Korean

......that guys talking makes me want to stab my ears out.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Lots of good luck today.

Playing crucible this morning and got a machine gun BTRD 345 with rodeo, counter balance and high caliber. The stability is full!

Rolled Her Mercy and finally gave me last round, luck in the chamber and explosive rounds.

And finally subbed for skolas level 35 and got another elder's cipher!

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

Originally posted by DENZILDON
    Lots of good luck today.

Playing crucible this morning and got a machine gun BTRD 345 with rodeo, counter balance and high caliber. The stability is full!

Rolled Her Mercy and finally gave me last round, luck in the chamber and explosive rounds.

And finally subbed for skolas level 35 and got another elder's cipher!
    I got BTRD 345 awhile back and it mows down people haha. I got battle runner, rangefinder and I have single point sling on. I didn't reroll it because I had low weapon parts but it's still not bad.

Bungie Weekly update is live:
    https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Week...News?aid=13016

CB: We want the Skolas encounter to be challenging and require teamwork, only in a more predictable way that doesn’t feel cheap. To accomplish this, we’re making the following changes to Round 6 of the Skolas Challenge:
    -New Modifier combinations (Arc, Void, and Solar Burn will be removed)
    -Boss health is reduced (to compensate for the lack of burn) Minions will spawn at predictable health intervals
    -Minor adjustment to the unit makeup of the combatant waves

In summary: Skolas is about to get a shorter life sentence. To ensure that he’ll still have a fighting chance, there will be some more skulls for you to juggle. Your battle with the final boss changes next week. Get in there are tell us what you think.
    PSN: DeceitfulWings
    XBL: DeceitfulWings

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Despair*
    Bungie Weekly update is live:
    https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Week...News?aid=13016

So if i read that correctly since its not solar burn anyways he just got even easier to nuke with ballerhorn?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Originally posted by killramos

So if i read that correctly since its not solar burn anyways he just got even easier to nuke with ballerhorn?
    Well there will be no more Arc, Solar or Void burns, but he will have lower health. So that means no more cheesing him right at the start. I don't think having a no burn anymore would make him easier to kill with a Gjalla but we will see as everyone's strategies will need to change.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

To the best of my knowledge it hasn't been solar burn yet for him. Therefore less health = easier to ballerhorn?

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

The bungie website is showing this week as Skolas being a solar burn. And I'm sure it has been before. I've never seen any fireteams actually just using a Gjallahorn on a week where a burn has been anything other than solar. Most runs I've seen has been fireteams using a paticular heavy or special weapon catered to that burn.

I think bungie is trying to draw the fight out and make it so you can't kill him right off the bat before the mines hit. I'm not sure if the health decrease will directly translate into a quicker or easier fight as the Gjalla without the solar will do a lot less damage. It could be that with no burns anymore next week that using Gjalla might be the best tactic for completeing. It will be interesting to see what happens next week.

My Ride
    2013 Scion FR-S

Out of the 4 weeks Skolas has been live, 2 of them have been solar burn...

Page 85 of 105 FirstFirst ... 75 84 85 86 95 ... LastLast