Quantcast
Destiny - Page 99 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 99 of 105 FirstFirst ... 89 98 99 100 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2099

Thread: Destiny

My Ride
    lots

The raid I feel you really need to be around 295 to tackle oryx. I need to complete one soon here. I've gotten through half of it
    CHEVROLET= Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Another chance again today to get the black spindle!!!

I was able to get the Spindle. Wasn't going to bother trying, I'm just 291 light. Tough go for sure. Even knowing the battle it's kind of a bitch.

BTW it dropped at 310. So not sure what is going on with the nerf of it. But mine is at 310 so that's cool.

My Ride
    lots

Good to know. I wondered if it was gonna drop at 310 or 290.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Spindle is indeed dropping at 310. Rumor is that the nerf rumor was just a rumor ( inorit? ). But the speculation was that it was just going to be dumbed down to 300.

I ran it last night, got it on the second try. We made the run with a 298 299 and a 295 and we tried a few tricks on the first run didn't get anywhere. Second try we decided to just play it as intended and kill adds, kill boss repeat and we finished with a minute to spare. Felt easier this week but basically the whole team was boosted up by about an average of 5 light.

I decided to succumb to rumors and used my 310 spindle to bring my 1000 yard stare up to 308 ( with firefly and void) and re bought spindle at 300. Actually works better for boosting my light level. As i collect more exotic shards i will be able to bring the rest of my secondaries to 300 as well which I like.

I also was lucky enough to complete my exotic sword quest last night. That does drop ( as intended )at 310. So my current high light level build is 297 Scout w/ FF, 308 Sniper w/ Firefly, 310 Dark-Drinker sword. Loving the build actually.

Interestingly that means there are no Y2 heavy rocket launchers and machine guns as the 3 types of swords, truth, and thunderlord add up to the 5 empty exotic slots for Y2. Lame.

Next step is finishing my Court of Oryx quest ( which i am prepped to do ) to get a 300 light artifact which will push me up over 300. Currently rocking a 289 light artifact which is really dragging me down haha.

Overall a good night.
    Last edited by killramos; 10-01-2015 at 06:54 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

So pissed of last night! Missed it by just one captain! We killed the big boss but seconds short to kill the ads!

My Ride
    2013 Scion FR-S

the 'recommended light level' of the daily heroic mission is only 240. Boosting your light level beyond that is not going to make a difference in whether or not you can or cannot complete the black spindle encounter. By that I mean, if you're 290, or 295, it's not doing anything different for you. Below the 240 light level, you do reduced damage, take more damage, etc. Above, it's null and void. The same reason that Gjallarhorn wrecks the taken zealots on patrol...

In regards to your Y2 exotic collection, there only being 5 slots does not mean anything. There was no spot in the special weapons for Black Spindle either, but here we are. 5 Exotic heavy? There's at least 6 known. You're forgetting the Sleeper Simulant. I wouldn't base anything off of the fact that there is or is not a 'spot' in the collection for it. Just my 2 cents.

Speaking of Court of Oryx, anyone else find that there seems to be even fewer random people patrolling the court area than there seems to anywhere else? It's kind of strange. When I'm patrolling by myself, I rarely ever see any others at the Court. Bungie needs to find a way to make it so we come across more people in this 'shared world shooter'. The only time I run into a ton of people is when they're shooting the same damn targets that I'm looking for for these Gunsmith field test weapons! Haha.

Speaking of Gunsmith weapons... God damn is the Ace of Spades ever amazing. Easily my favorite hand cannon to date. First Curse might be pretty fun too. Gonna have to work on my Warlock so I can get that Tlaloc scout rifle. That thing looks beastly when your super is charged!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Phl0xed
    the 'recommended light level' of the daily heroic mission is only 240. Boosting your light level beyond that is not going to make a difference in whether or not you can or cannot complete the black spindle encounter. By that I mean, if you're 290, or 295, it's not doing anything different for you. Below the 240 light level, you do reduced damage, take more damage, etc. Above, it's null and void. The same reason that Gjallarhorn wrecks the taken zealots on patrol...

In regards to your Y2 exotic collection, there only being 5 slots does not mean anything. There was no spot in the special weapons for Black Spindle either, but here we are. 5 Exotic heavy? There's at least 6 known. You're forgetting the Sleeper Simulant. I wouldn't base anything off of the fact that there is or is not a 'spot' in the collection for it. Just my 2 cents.
    Having higher level weapons definitely increases the damage you do, this is easily testable and confirm able

To the best of my knowledge the formula for light level to enemy level has not been established.

Sleeper is a pretty shitty example. Considering no one knows how to get it lol.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

No one seems to be doing the Court of Oryx at the moment, which is sad because all I need to complete my Eris Morn quest for there is the 300 light megaboss. :|

I also am light 289, so I'm wanting to give the raid a go.... anyone want to do it Saturday or Sunday evening? (on XBOne)

The other option is to level up like mad on the PS4 and use the new communities feature to find groups to do stuff with. The new PS4 firmware is awesome
    Geek

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

i am probably rocking the court some time tonight with some buddies. And i know I am running the raid Sunday. I think we have a full team but good to have a backup.

xXKillramosXx

fact.

My Ride
    lots

I'm in the court right now trying to rock it alone on xboxone.

Omegavoodoors3

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Originally posted by Phl0xed

on the special Spindle mission the light level jumps up from 240 to 290... from Daily to Nightfall level

Overleveling doesn't help just like before, but you do get hit with damage reduction if you are underleveled. As usual nobody can figure it out because Bungie doesn't tell us shit about how the game worked, and I can't find the Reddit post about it but your damage reduction starts pretty small for being below the enemy LL (1% less) then goes up to roughly 40% before you can't damage them at all.

Enemy level doesn't matter anymore except that it will increase their light level, and reduce your damage accordingly.

Highest LL enemy in the game currently is 300 so once you hit 300 you won't run into level disadvantages anywhere

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

I normally play around 8ishpm. Send me an invite if you guys need a player or two

Well, I basically kept my 310 Spindle - I did not dismantle it. What I did do though was buy a whole bunch of 300 spindles, and used them to infuse my legendary weapons - so all my special legendary weapons do 300 damage now. I have money to burn, so I don't care about the cost, and I still have nearly 100 exotic shards, so got lots of those to burn as well.

Until I play the raid more, and get 300+ weapons, that is the best I can do.

Side note: When I did the Spindle, I got a ship at the same time. Is that normal?

On Armsday, I finished the second step of what I assume is the Exotic Sword quest, that then asks me to wait until the next Armsday for some special metal! For Fuck Sakes. I haven't read about any quests or watched videos, so I didn't know better. But if I had known, I'd have just finished those last steps on Tuesday night!!! Now I have to wait until next Wednesday to get whatever it is for the next step. I'm hoping to be closing in on my Exotic Sword.

I also started what I'm guessing is an Exotic Reward for Dead Orbit. Whatever the one you get at Level 25 with them. Apparently I've got to do a bunch of shit, including 10 heroic strikes whilst wearing their gear. Good times.

My Ride
    lots

Yah I had a friend pick up a ship the same time they got the spindle last week.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Z_Fan
    Well, I basically kept my 310 Spindle - I did not dismantle it. What I did do though was buy a whole bunch of 300 spindles, and used them to infuse my legendary weapons - so all my special legendary weapons do 300 damage now. I have money to burn, so I don't care about the cost, and I still have nearly 100 exotic shards, so got lots of those to burn as well.

Until I play the raid more, and get 300+ weapons, that is the best I can do.

Side note: When I did the Spindle, I got a ship at the same time. Is that normal?

On Armsday, I finished the second step of what I assume is the Exotic Sword quest, that then asks me to wait until the next Armsday for some special metal! For Fuck Sakes. I haven't read about any quests or watched videos, so I didn't know better. But if I had known, I'd have just finished those last steps on Tuesday night!!! Now I have to wait until next Wednesday to get whatever it is for the next step. I'm hoping to be closing in on my Exotic Sword.

I also started what I'm guessing is an Exotic Reward for Dead Orbit. Whatever the one you get at Level 25 with them. Apparently I've got to do a bunch of shit, including 10 heroic strikes whilst wearing their gear. Good times.
    Well the step after armsday is the final step. Its s bit tough though so bring good friends ( preferably friends who do not have the same quest with a different element). level 300 strike. Reminds me of the final mission in thorn. But harder.

I don't really have many spare exotic shards right now. But i do have whole sets of exotic gear from year 1 that i should dismantle so that will give me a bunch. I had almost all the weapons and most of the armor for each class lol.

Happy Xursday everyone

https://www.vg247.com/2015/10/02/des...r-october-2-3/

fact.

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Tier 3 Court of Oryx is super easy this week if anybody has to do that.

Run, hide under platform, kill the two Acolytes, stand in the safe zone they created then DPS the boss. That boss is a complete chump compared to mini-Crota and a lot easier to run with randoms.

Used my tier 3 rune and cleared the boss in about 20 seconds and got six artifacts for one clear. Hah. My light level is slowly inching up, my ghost is holding me back more than anything. Hopefully I can raid this weekend and try and get a few drops from there.

Court is just an engram factory tho, holy shit. I've never had so many engrams to turn in as I had last night. 8 new legendaries, 25+ engrams, my postmaster was full of bluers that dropped as gear too. Not bad for < 45 minutes of playing

My Ride
    lots

Yah I love the court. But I can never find anyone to play with there these days.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

^ Perfect its on my plans for the week. my 289 artifact is really anchoring me back right now.

Xur has apparently decided to copy week one and bring helmets and legacy heavy again... At least i wont be tempted by the legacy. 31 coins is ridiculous. Will pick up a few helmet engrams and see what luck brings. I always liked helmets so that's not to bad.

Got to Eris morn 5 so i will max up on my moulderings ( its just glimmer anyways) to get an extra drop from Oryx this week. Maybe pick up a 3 of coins as well.

fact.

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

hah I am kinda sorta tempted to buy some more 3 of Coins but I've used 12 and gotten only 1 mediocre exotic (Stag helmet for warlock... probably the worst exotic for the class). Not a good return on my investment there at all.

I still have a laundry list of shit to do. Eris Morn Court of Oryx quest, Road to King's Fall, haven't done any of Petra's quest (just can't do enough damage to Taken zealots playing solo to down them), still have to Taken War: Mars, Chaperone quest, haven't finished the Voidwalker quest, Voidmaster.... don't even have my legendary sword yet never mind the exotic one. Ugh

I just want to play PvP. IB and Trials are coming back next week!! Hopefully the progression there is good.

Page 99 of 105 FirstFirst ... 89 98 99 100 ... LastLast