Quantcast
I Don't Know What Kind of X5 Canem Auto Gallery Sold Me - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: I Don't Know What Kind of X5 Canem Auto Gallery Sold Me

My Ride
    12 camaro ss ,91 aristo , 12 ram

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: UPDATED: 'Flooded' X5 not Flooded.

Originally posted by Paul

Funny, thought you were talking about Baygirl there...

Reading > Me
    I thought the same thing! hahahah

old
    Last edited by colt22; 09-14-2019 at 09:36 PM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

dude, the story sounds nice. but it sounds REALLY convenient too. Bi-polar schitzos don't have that wild of mood changes. I almost got screwed over by Ford on my deal, they made it right in the end, but you don't see me jumping on a soap box singing their praises.

Something is still wrong with the BMW and you are that dissatisfied with the outcome you want to sell it after driving to BC to get it, and all the research you did, and you still claim you love it.

knowing the history now, you are right, if I was interested in purchasing one, I would not trust you and buy yours. While I can't pinpoint it, or provide proof, alarm bells are screaming at me.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by spikers
    dude, the story sounds nice. but it sounds REALLY convenient too. Bi-polar schitzos don't have that wild of mood changes. I almost got screwed over by Ford on my deal, they made it right in the end, but you don't see me jumping on a soap box singing their praises.

Something is still wrong with the BMW and you are that dissatisfied with the outcome you want to sell it after driving to BC to get it, and all the research you did, and you still claim you love it.

knowing the history now, you are right, if I was interested in purchasing one, I would not trust you and buy yours. While I can't pinpoint it, or provide proof, alarm bells are screaming at me.
    Would it help if a fellow beyonder that you know vouch for him?? I know Matt, and I know he wouldn't rip anyone off intentionally. I trust him when he says the damage isn't as it was first suspecteed.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by VWEvo

Would it help if a fellow beyonder that you know vouch for him?? I know Matt, and I know he wouldn't rip anyone off intentionally. I trust him when he says the damage isn't as it was first suspecteed.
    LOL, no, I don't need anyone to vouch for him. I am sure he is a nice guy, and all that. I have learned to trust my gut over the years, and in following the thread, and what has transpired, my gut is in knots. (figuratively speaking).

It makes no difference to me, personally. I am not in the market for a BMW, so regardless if Matt is fully forthcoming or not, in the end, does not affect me in the slightest.

Don't get me wrong, I hope everything is as he says, and is happy with the outcome.

Having said that, my gut says, no one does that kind of research over that amount of time, finds one that he likes, travels quite a fair distance to get it, OOPs it, finds something wrong, accepts help to fix it, gets told it is one of the best a mechanic has seen, and then turns around and sells it, all inside a couple months.

While there are plenty of reasonable explanations for the above, Murphy's law is a bitch!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

you obviously dont know matt... he isnt a car guy. if someone tells him something about his truck, he is going to believe it... and finishing your rookie season up with a pro team, what else are ya gonna do but make an impulse buy on a used luxury vehicle?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by revelations
    That didnt take long :

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...eaturedAdZtrue
    Good spot, I was wondering how you knew for sure until I saw the Canem license plate picture.

old
    Last edited by colt22; 09-14-2019 at 09:36 PM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by colt22

*SNIP*
    Calm down man. I don't expect you to understand it. Even the people vouching for you say you don't know cars. I don't fault you for that, it is a pretty big thing to learn, and since I was almost in the same shoes you were in at your age, you have bigger and better things to worry about than cars.

Like I said, I hope that there is nothing shady going on between these 2 dealers, and that the first shop was wrong. But it is a pretty big claim to make that something is flood damaged, and then blamed on a faulty install on a wiring harness...

either way, good luck with your sale.

I am not trying to be an ass, or drag you through the mud. All I am saying is that the way things are presented, it does not sit well with me.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Not calling your character into question, but it's human nature to hear what we want to hear... and if you hear a plausible explanation that absolves your conscience in passing it off to the next person, of course you'll accept that explanation over any other. I can't blame you though, most people would do the same - probably even the people who are calling you out.

But a statement like this:
    The mechanics at Nurburgring Auto explained why there was silt/sand and why some components had corrosion and rust on them. It was a combination of the spare tire being wet and the electrical components being right beside the ventilation duct in the rear (explains the silt/sand). The incorrectly installed harness exposed the wires to this normal condensation/debris which shorted out the electrical and caused the problems.
    In fact, the mechanics at Nurburgring then went on to state this X5 was the 'most beautiful ones' they have seen come in and the one guy said 'he would love to own it himself 'due to its superior condition. Says a little bit about what I was sold from Canem Auto Gallery and confirms what I believed about the condition of the vehicle when I purchased it .
    Screams all kinds of sketch to me... I mean, who talks like that or says that unless they're trying really hard to sell you on something? And how can they say with such conviction that the water came from a wet spare and not something else? I wouldn't be able to sell it to someone else without at least a bit of a nagging conscience.

In either case... good luck with your sale OP. Hopefully the buyer brings it in for a third opinion - as is their responsibility, not yours.
    Last edited by Strider; 03-01-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

lol at the new thread title.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

spikers, colt22 knows as much about cars as you know about tire sizes. ZING ZING!

Gotta take it too if you're gonna dish it.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Disoblige
    spikers, colt22 knows as much about cars as you know about tire sizes. ZING ZING!

Gotta take it too if you're gonna dish it.
    Oh I can take it, I am always learning new things about cars! I do not make any claim, or insinuate I know everything about vehicles. But I generally know enough to more than get by with.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

"A trip to XXXXXXXX for diagnosis by XXXXXXXXX
    revealed that the car has had water damage in the rear end and the x5 is essentially rendered un-drivable for now. There is corrosion, silt and sand in the rear electrical compartments and there were attemps to mitigate the electrical damage as apparently someone had placed extra grounding connections everywhere to circumvent the shorting."

"The mechanics at Nurburgring Auto explained why there was silt/sand and why some components had corrosion and rust on them. It was a combination of the spare tire being wet and the electrical components being right beside the ventilation duct in the rear (explains the silt/sand)."

"Recently a B.C car, no rust no corrosion." wasn't that the problem?
    Last edited by kvg; 03-01-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Originally posted by kvg

"Recently a B.C car, no rust no corrosion." wasn't that the problem?
    Corrosion on trailer hook wiring harness has been repaired.

My Ride
    2008 BMW M Coupe

Matt, stop trying to justify yourself to these ignorant morons. I am damn-near best friends with Nick, the owner of Nurburgring's son, and I can say with FULL confidence that I wouldn't trust anymore more than them to work on ANY BMW currently on the road. Simply put, they know their shit. For those nay-sayers, go talk to them yourself or show me your qualifications that justify your trolling on this shop (and not just "i trust my gut" or "it doesn't sit well with me", for the fifth time, spikers).

This thread is turning into a typical Beyond trolling and would probably be better off to get closed.

^ agreed. Perhaps this thread should be closed.

Seems inappropriate that people are providing their (arguably worthless) moral judgement and sending the thread into outer space, solely based on wildly unqualified speculations and "gut feelings".

FFS.

My Ride
    is wild

Originally posted by stefan15
    ^ agreed. Perhaps this thread should be closed.

Seems inappropriate that people are providing their (arguably worthless) moral judgement and sending the thread into outer space, solely based on wildly unqualified speculations and "gut feelings".

FFS.
    Based on that the whole forum should be closed...

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6