Quantcast
Can we even rent games in Calgary anymore? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Can we even rent games in Calgary anymore?

Default Can we even rent games in Calgary anymore?

Rogers was pretty much the last place that I could go to that I know of for new game rentals but since that's no longer an option and Redbox sucks, are there any stores left that has relatively new games for rent?

I hope Redbox Canada's game list will be as good as US's Redbox soon if not eventually.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

Maybe video game traders on center st.

i haven't rented a game in over 5 years... it's a dying market unfortunately. i just buy used games now and sell them on kijiji once i'm done with them. usually break even or lose $5 or $10. haha i'm so cheap

Red Box in Safeway and Walmart have some as well http://www.redbox.ca

Bump - anyone find anywhere to rent?

not sure about xbox but if you have a PS4 I think you cant rent them on the PS network? Isnt it called PS Now or something? I'm not exactly sure how it works... I think it's a monthly subscription.

another thing that is worth knowing about EB games, there is an advantage over buying used vs. new. even if the game is super new so the used copies are only a $5 discount, the upside is that you can return used games within 1 week, so I always buy used for that reason, if i'm unsure if i will like the game or not.

Originally posted by timdog
    not sure about xbox but if you have a PS4 I think you cant rent them on the PS network? Isnt it called PS Now or something? I'm not exactly sure how it works... I think it's a monthly subscription.

another thing that is worth knowing about EB games, there is an advantage over buying used vs. new. even if the game is super new so the used copies are only a $5 discount, the upside is that you can return used games within 1 week, so I always buy used for that reason, if i'm unsure if i will like the game or not.
    That's good to know. I'll have to check out the PS network and see what you can rent there. Does EB let you return it no questions asked? Sounds too good to be true haha.

Originally posted by timdog

That sounds like a challenge, try to finish the game in a week, then return it

haha. I can confirm it is possible, as I did return one game. it was only 2 days later and when the guy asked I just said that it wasnt my style of game and i just didnt like it, which was the truth. I did use my membership card. its possible that it's only possible when you are a member. then they could track how often you are doing it, and after a few times they might start asking more questions.