Xbox One (Was: Xbox Infinity) - Page 79 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 79 of 94 FirstFirst ... 69 78 79 80 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1875

Thread: Xbox One (Was: Xbox Infinity)

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by ThePlaymaker
    One Year Later

Xbox One, has been out for a year and 1 month now.
    Can someone give me a brief review, like how it is after the 1st year?
    and is it still worth buying or shall i just wait til the price drop?
    I'm mostly gonna play EA Sports games now it. Is XB1 the way to go?
    I like mine now more than when it came out. I would say worth it because they still have game bundles that you can keep or sell the games but you missed out on the boxing day deals with extra money off. I have EA access so I get Madden 25, Fifa 14, EA UFC for free for example and 10% all other EA products digitally so I bought Madden 15 when it came out and it is awesome. I prefer the controller more also on Xbox one compared to PS4

My Ride
    Has AWD

overall im happy with my xbox one, forza horizon 2 and halo:mcc are the only games i play so far. I have COD but never play it. Relatively easy to use console, the ability to pause a game and go change console settings then go back and continue where u paused it has been a nice feature.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by ThePlaymaker
    One Year Later

Xbox One, has been out for a year and 1 month now.
    Can someone give me a brief review, like how it is after the 1st year?
    and is it still worth buying or shall i just wait til the price drop?
    I'm mostly gonna play EA Sports games now it. Is XB1 the way to go?
    I preferred my Xbox 360 over PS3 but honestly I think this time last year I preferred the PS4 over XB1. A year later and I think I prefer the XB1. The controller just fits better in my hand and while you can argue that some PS4 games look better IMO it's been mostly very marginal in differences on my 55" TV. The XB1 IMO just does the little things better that over time you start to notice like being able to power up your console and continue games where you left off without going through opening menu screens. That said I still like the PS4 but I've been using my XB1 more lately.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by heavyD
    The XB1 IMO just does the little things better that over time you start to notice like being able to power up your console and continue games where you left off without going through opening menu screens.
    It took me a long time to figure out they didn't have that on PS4. After getting used to it on X1, I would be pretty annoyed waiting every time. I think that is a feature they are working on though? I will still get a PS4 but probably not this year now unless there are some big games that interest me from E3 or if there is a price cut. I am glad I didn't keep that initial PS4 I bought for driveclub

Also the controller battery life, just make it like xbox, everyone has rechargeable batteries now. No need to put tiny useless ones in the controller

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

I don't really like my XB1 at all. The menu's are difficult to navigate and figure out. If I sign into XBlive after the game is loaded, it won't connect to the servers. I have to sign in first, then put the game it....particularly frustrating when the game is already in the XB1 when I turn it on.

It seems that to get the value out of XB1 you need to be using all of the other features it provides. For me, I just want to turn it on and shoot some neckbeards.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by schocker

It took me a long time to figure out they didn't have that on PS4. After getting used to it on X1, I would be pretty annoyed waiting every time. I think that is a feature they are working on though? I will still get a PS4 but probably not this year now unless there are some big games that interest me from E3 or if there is a price cut. I am glad I didn't keep that initial PS4 I bought for driveclub

Also the controller battery life, just make it like xbox, everyone has rechargeable batteries now. No need to put tiny useless ones in the controller
    I bought Drive club its not bad actually. Graphics are insane, especially the weather. Problem is it feels a bit lifeless and sterile.

I'm happy with the Xbox one though, its a good machine that feels alot more robust than the PS4 overall. I still like both though.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by freshprince1
    I don't really like my XB1 at all. The menu's are difficult to navigate and figure out. If I sign into XBlive after the game is loaded, it won't connect to the servers. I have to sign in first, then put the game it....particularly frustrating when the game is already in the XB1 when I turn it on.

It seems that to get the value out of XB1 you need to be using all of the other features it provides. For me, I just want to turn it on and shoot some neckbeards.
    My Xbox one has never hesitated to start a game regardless of my connection to the internet.

I love mine, use it every day for TV, Movie Rentals, Netflix, Games, Blu-rays.

I am thinking of buying a second one for upstairs. I find it extremely easy to sue and the kinect voice controls are slick. 100 bucks well spent to be able to stand up say "xbox pause" and take a leak without finding the remote. Graphics are great, good games, exclusives are always good. Very few bugs on my XB1 esp compared to my old ps3. It uses the same devkit as a pc for multiplat games .

I'm just going to way for the right bundle to come with a game i already want to get my second one.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by freshprince1

I agree that the menu system can be improved. Forcing tiles onto XB1 UI was a huge mistake on MS's part. Thankfully, the pin to home feature really saves the day.

I don't have the problem with XB Live sign-in afterwards. In fact, we mess up on the main floor XB1 all the time, as it's at times signed into either my profile or the kid's, and it doesn't load the save game properly. Re-sign in, game alerts sign-in changed, pops back into main menu, and everything works again, including multiplayer gaming.

Both the XBL and PSN stores can use some work in organization as well. Both stores have its share of usability problems.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Been having voice chat issues today, can see people talking but can't hear them, they can hear me. Seems to be patchy, cut in and out, then go mute for a while, then pop back in clear as day. They need to sort this shit out, happens in party chat and game chat/destiny.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If anyone is considering extra storage in the near future MemEx's deal for Sunday this week is the 5 TB seagate expansion. 220 normal price not sure what the sale price will be but you cant argue with the price /GB

I bought their 3TB expansion drive 2 months ago and it has been fast and solid.

Probably the last drive you ever need unless you are a special kind of hardcore gamer/buyer.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Note that the 3TB is 7200rpm, and the 5TB is 5400rpm. Small performance differences between the 2.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by rage2
    Note that the 3TB is 7200rpm, and the 5TB is 5400rpm. Small performance differences between the 2.
    Good point, though people should also know that a 3.5" 5400 rpm drive over USB3 will likely still outperform the 2.5" 5400 rpm internal.

My Ride
    Grimace

Also seagate is not known to be as reliable and has a shorter warranty (1yr vs 2yr). I think costco still has the WD mybook 3tb for $120 as the memx deals are never too cheap lately.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Do you guys have the link for memory express?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by DENZILDON
    Do you guys have the link for memory express?
    http://www.memoryexpress.com/

Drive i was talking about is here:

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX52885

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by killramos
    Good point, though people should also know that a 3.5" 5400 rpm drive over USB3 will likely still outperform the 2.5" 5400 rpm internal.
    I think any drive that's available for sale is faster than that internal laptop drive haha.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

So I'm still on the fence about this thing but thinking I could condense a bunch of stuff down which is really something great. Here's what I'm looking for:

- Play xbox games
    - Watch blueray and dvd
    - Use for watching movies (like WDTV) by USB hard drive. Movies in MP4, MKV and AVI formats. If this works, how's the interface in comparison to the WDTV?
    - Play CDs with an SPDIF out (looks to be toslink from online)
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

First 2 are a given. I think USB movie playback was just added. Here's how it looks:

Not sure how the TOSLINK works, if it's always outputting, or if you can only output to either HDMI or TOSLINK or both.

edit - quick google fu says it's simultaneous, so you're good to go.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Thanks Rage
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Grimace

I am pretty sure it can't play MKV with DTS audio though. I have tried a few videos and it was hit or miss, but all MKV tv episodes generally work. This is the same issue that the chromecast has.

Page 79 of 94 FirstFirst ... 69 78 79 80 89 ... LastLast