Quantcast
Xbox One (Was: Xbox Infinity) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 94 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One (Was: Xbox Infinity)

Default Xbox Infinity

Full reveal:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hub/reveal

OP:
    So now that Sony has made their announcement, it's time for the Xbox reveal. I've seen a lot of people calling it Infinity which is much better than 720. Apparently they registered xboxevent.com yesterday and the event is going to take place in April. Which would make sense because Gears of War hasn't come out yet.

Anyone else looking forward to getting one at launch? I got my original Xbox at launch but got the 360 a year after it came out. I just hope they keep existing features and the controller pretty much the same.

Potential specs...
    http://kotaku.com/5982986/we-know-al...theyve-got-one

Hopefully they learned from the PS4 reveal and it isn't meh. What games do you think they will announce? I think we will see Forza 5 for first party and a bunch of third party games like COD.
    Last edited by beecue; 05-21-2013 at 07:04 PM.

My Ride
    Grimace

I am getting one at launch this time. Didn't pre-order for 360 and had to wait until Jan 2006!
    Can't wait but Infinity sounds like kind of a goofy name imo, hopefully it is something different. My main hope is that Forza 5 will be a launch title.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by schocker
    Can't wait but Infinity sounds like kind of a goofy name imo, hopefully it is something different.
    Infinity is a sideway 8. It's meant to compliment Windows 8 launch.

But now Windows 8 is a stinker, they may not use name after all.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Xtrema

Infinity is a sideway 8. It's meant to compliment Windows 8 launch.

But now Windows 8 is a stinker, they may not use name after all.
    ohhhhhhhhh, gotcha. I had forgotten thinking they might name it Xbox 8 to coincide with Windows/Phone 8. I finally tried W8 on my sisters laptop, so horrible

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I had a conversation about this with my roommate the other day...

Who gives a crap? They haven't maxed out the current hardware they have available to them, and in the end, I play games, not consoles/PC, so whatever games are released is what I care about.

I await to see what the Destiny universe from Bungie is like, but until then, there have been no next gen updates anyways. I was expecting VR by now (Doom3 actually has an interesting unit you can use) in some shape or form, at the very least, a unit that allows you to move your head by MOVING your head vs the body (in any first person style game).

Default Re: Xbox Infinity

Originally posted by beecue
    Hopefully they learned from the PS4 reveal and it isn't meh.
    They know what they're doing. Motherfuckin' pedestals and lasers and bitches and shit.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    I had a conversation about this with my roommate the other day...

Who gives a crap? They haven't maxed out the current hardware they have available to them, and in the end, I play games, not consoles/PC, so whatever games are released is what I care about.

I await to see what the Destiny universe from Bungie is like, but until then, there have been no next gen updates anyways. I was expecting VR by now (Doom3 actually has an interesting unit you can use) in some shape or form, at the very least, a unit that allows you to move your head by MOVING your head vs the body (in any first person style game).
    I think there won't be an revolutionary change in console world unless someone can deliver on the cheap (like Kinect).

Everyone is learning from Sony's PS3 fiasco. Doesn't matter how strong your brand is, you just can't push a $700 console to the masses.

And really, who cares about graphics when POS like COD can make millions re-releasing the same shit over and over and the major problem isn't graphic but network lags.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-22-2013 at 02:13 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Who gives a crap? They haven't maxed out the current hardware they have available to them
    http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/11/crys...ys-crytek-ceo/
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    is an Experience.

With the specs of the PS4, I expect to see the graphics fully pushed within a few months, the CPU on the other hand is something else and looking forward to seeing what devs can do with 8 cores and the 8GB of DDR5 ram.

Crytek could release Crysis 3 on the PS4 and push that systems graphics to the max, it destroys my overclocked 7950 on Very High settings, and since the architecture on the PS4 is x86 based, it won't take long to figure out how to fully push the system, unlike the cell processor in the current gens.

My Ride
    old Toyotas

I think there won't be an revolutionary change in console world unless someone can deliver on the cheap (like Kinect).

Everyone is learning from Sony's PS3 fiasco. Doesn't matter how strong your brand is, you just can't push a $700 console to the masses.

And really, who cares about graphics when POS like COD can make millions re-releasing the same shit over and over and the major problem isn't graphic but network lags.
    Very true. PS3 was the better console. It had blu-ray/wifi/standard 2.5" Hard drive slot/more space/more powerful etc.
    But at the same time those things made the price go up. On top of that Sony gave up alot of exclusives like GTA and banked on being first just by having the better console. That didn't turn out well. They also released their console last.

Wonder if Microsoft will beat Sony to the market again this time around.

The bigger worry might be whether Microsoft/Sony will actually allow used games. Unless they drop the price point of new games a bit to make up for that I don't see that being popular.
    Already some big games from Ubisoft have Online codes only good for one player.

Sony confirmed that they will allow used games. Whether or not they require new codes for online play is likely a publisher thing.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by black13
    Highly doubtful. The Xbox360 was rushed to market after the PS3 was announced so they would come out at the same time. Microsoft got lucky because the PS3 was delayed, and didn't come out until a year and a half after announcement. Sony won't make that mistake again.

Very true. PS3 was the better console. It had blu-ray/wifi/standard 2.5" Hard drive slot/more space/more powerful etc.
    But at the same time those things made the price go up.
    The PS3 was so expensive because the yields on the Cell and Blu-Ray were terrible, and that was the main cause of the delays. If I remember right, the Cell was neutered at launch to improve yields, 2 of the cores that failed testing were disabled. That forced the entire PS3 platform going forward to lose a bunch of CPU power.

After almost a decade on the market, other than storage, both the PS3 and Xbox360 hardware are pretty much on par in the real world. On paper, the PS3 and Cell looks way more powerful tho.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by DannyO
    Crytek could release Crysis 3 on the PS4 and push that systems graphics to the max, it destroys my overclocked 7950 on Very High settings, and since the architecture on the PS4 is x86 based, it won't take long to figure out how to fully push the system, unlike the cell processor in the current gens.
    +1 my poor 7850 takes a beating with that game. it's funny cause i remember a crytek dev calling out the big 2 to give the masses more RAM, looks like both companies took that to heart.

But I agree that the progress on pushing for max system efficiency will be alot faster because of the x86, only the past 2 years or so imo have the devs of the 2 consoles really found how to extract the majority of the efficiency out of the 360 and PS3.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Both should reach this Christmas, nobody is using anything exotic. BUT since MS SDK is already building around DirectX, it should be easier for developers to adopt. For Sony, it's a completely new platform and SDK again. So who knows if launch titles can be released on time.

After reading Kotaku and rumored spec, MS may push the price too high. 500GB/Kinect/Blu-Ray player by default? Sounds like a $500+ console to me. Still damn good price for what you get but looks like a repeat of PS3's problem.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-22-2013 at 03:29 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by n1zm0
    But I agree that the progress on pushing for max system efficiency will be alot faster because of the x86, only the past 2 years or so imo have the devs of the 2 consoles really found how to extract the majority of the efficiency out of the 360 and PS3.
    Agreed. The reason it took so long to get the most out of current gen consoles is because of 2 wildly different architectures, and ensuring that they can deliver the same experiences on both platforms.

Both should reach this Christmas, nobody is using anything exotic. BUT since MS SDK is already building around DirectX, it should be easier for developers to adopt. For Sony, it's a completely new platform and SDK again. So who knows if launch titles can be released on time.
    Both systems are x86 this time around, so it should be 1 code base for PS4, Xbox, and PC. If anything, consumers win, less code time, faster turnaround, faster delivery. The DirectX thing is a small piece of the puzzle, it's the x86 architecture that'll simplify things for developers.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

So your argument is that one developer has pushed the limits of the graphics (and the Crysis games for myself are kind of blah) that it's time for new hardware? I mean, it's only taken them 7 years to do that...

Yeesh, I guess that is a good argument for new hardware. 7 years is a long time and GPU power has scaled up exponentially it seems as of late. Of course, you also have to keep in mind that there aren't very many 1st gen 360's still around

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

So your argument is that one developer has pushed the limits of the graphics (and the Crysis games for myself are kind of blah) that it's time for new hardware? I mean, it's only taken them 7 years to do that...

Yeesh, I guess that is a good argument for new hardware. 7 years is a long time and GPU power has scaled up exponentially it seems as of late. Of course, you also have to keep in mind that there aren't very many 1st gen 360's still around
    Uhh, no, that's just 1 article I pulled up. Fact is, the 2 platforms have been maxed out for the last 2 or so years. We haven't seen any improvement in graphics for a while now.

All the games have to play exactly the same on a 1st gen 360 vs the latest 360 slim. That's the nature of consoles.

My Ride
    is an Experience.

I was expecting VR by now (Doom3 actually has an interesting unit you can use) in some shape or form, at the very least, a unit that allows you to move your head by MOVING your head vs the body (in any first person style game).
    What you saw/heard about is the Oculus Rift, it was made by Palmer Luckey who sent it to John Carmack to tinker with and he got Doom3 (BFG version unfortunately) working on it, this is when it was shown off at Quakecon and it caused this explosion of interest into the device.

I look forward to receiving my dev kit soon.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by rage2

Uhh, no, that's just 1 article I pulled up. Fact is, the 2 platforms have been maxed out for the last 2 or so years. We haven't seen any improvement in graphics for a while now.

All the games have to play exactly the same on a 1st gen 360 vs the latest 360 slim. That's the nature of consoles.
    I was agreeing with you. It didn't really occur to me just how OLD the hardware they are using is. I was simply saying from a physical longevity standpoint, it doesn't "seem" like you'd think a 360 was 7 years old.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I was agreeing with you. It didn't really occur to me just how OLD the hardware they are using is. I was simply saying from a physical longevity standpoint, it doesn't "seem" like you'd think a 360 was 7 years old.
    We have reached a plateau on realism with current gen. Can it get more real? Sure but it'll take exponential better hardware spec and development time to get there.

But do most people care? Not really. I don't think realism will be an issue again until we have true VR.

Page 1 of 94 1 2 11 ... LastLast