Quantcast
Bitcoin ATM - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin ATM

Default Bitcoin ATM

Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

A one way ATM?

What about withdrawing bitcoins for cash? I must be getting old, this sounds like a 'bad' idea. Which means, since I'm old, the opposite happens so it's actually a GOOD idea.

call me when i can used bitcoin to fill up my gas tank, buy groceries from safeway, eat out at a restaurant or buy a laptop from memory express.

Probably a little off topic, but why don't the credit card companies eat Paypal's lunch? You think they could do what paypal is doing but better/cheaper?

Then you could use the ccpaypalrip off for all sorts of transactions like bigmass said. It would be neat to 'paypal' the gas station for gas (or even better, tap to pay from your smartphone?)

...I don't even own a cell phone so this is just me dreaming of flying cars I guess...

Originally posted by dawerks
    Probably a little off topic, but why don't the credit card companies eat Paypal's lunch? You think they could do what paypal is doing but better/cheaper?

Then you could use the ccpaypalrip off for all sorts of transactions like bigmass said. It would be neat to 'paypal' the gas station for gas (or even better, tap to pay from your smartphone?)

...I don't even own a cell phone so this is just me dreaming of flying cars I guess...
    Credit card companies are required to use legal tender. Bitcoin is technically its own currency that can be valued against things like US$ and Euros.

You might have that the wrong way around: Paypal and Bitcoin could destroy the Credit card companies given enough popularity, could even destroy the Euro, the Loonie, the US dollar.

There is zero currency baggage associated with Bitcoin, no weird laws, no weird taxes, no flow restrictions. So it makes no sense to use a virtual US dollar in comparison to a Bitcoin when you think about it.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 03-04-2013 at 08:58 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

... weird part of youtube again, how did I get here?

Bitcoins are about as valuable as chuckie cheese tokens. No government is backing its value, and nobody wants it. The only thing it seems to be useful for is the black market when people don't want a paper trail, still at some point the end user is going to want something they can buy in a store.

Sounds a little bit like a ponzi scheme come to think of it.

My Ride
    My Bike

Bitcoins are only good for buying drugs over the internet. http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/tra...-with-bitcoins

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

I'm the idiot that converted all his bitcoins to CAD when they went to 29$ / coin
    Now it's at nearly 40$

duuuurrp
    I'm a terrible investor.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Originally posted by Kramerica

Congratulations: you've just described every single fiat currency in circulation.

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

I still don't get bitcoins. Many people have tried many ways to explain what a bitcoin is to me, but I just don't understand.

Originally posted by sheik_yerbouti
    Bitcoins are only good for buying drugs over the internet. http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/tra...-with-bitcoins
    You can 'buy' them, but how do you 'get' them? They ship them to your door?! I see a flaw in this plan.

Does UPS make deliveries to 'the shrubs infront of my neighbors house'??

Might be handy for strippers to convert their singles into bitcoins and then bitcoins back into cocaine and meth.

My Ride
    My Bike

You can 'buy' them, but how do you 'get' them? They ship them to your door?! I see a flaw in this plan.

I don't think that they screen domestic shipments. So they're probably sent through Canada Post. There is another black market site out there that sells guns and there is a guy who will ship you an AK47 in 3 separate packages over domestic mail. The reviews were positive.

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

You're relying on the fact that the postal service can't possibly screen all the mail that comes through. And then if they were to find your envelope full of blow, you can essentially deny that you ever ordered/paid for it because there's inherently no paper trail. Accepted knowledge is that they'd just confiscate it and that's that.

Originally posted by Kramerica
    Bitcoins are about as valuable as chuckie cheese tokens. No government is backing its value, and nobody wants it. The only thing it seems to be useful for is the black market when people don't want a paper trail, still at some point the end user is going to want something they can buy in a store.

Most currencies are ponzi, some more than others (Zimbabwe dollar, German Mark, Hungarian Pengo, Chinese Yuan, Mexican Peso)

Its just a matter of when they implode. For Germany and the Mark it was 1923, for China and the Yuan it was 1948, Mexico 1993.

Both the US and Canada have yet to have a currency crisis, but China has had several over its millenia, as have most European nations (France having had several) A currency crisis usually meaning at least a 1,000x devaluation in less than a year ($1,000 buying less than $1 worth of goods)

"Government backing" might not mean as much as you might like to want to believe it means. I hope and prey that the US or Canadian dollar never collapses before I'm gone, but one would have to be completely blind to not see that something is wrong.

Save your nickels (especially if you have kids)

BTW: Chuck E Cheese tokens go for quite a bit.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/34-VTG-Arcade...-/190738830752
    Last edited by ZenOps; 03-06-2013 at 04:57 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    4x4

Originally posted by ZenOps

BTW: Chuck E Cheese tokens go for quite a bit.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/34-VTG-Arcade...-/190738830752
    Cmon zenops, I'm dissapointed in you... what's the nickle content of those arcade tokens?

Texas and California tokens made in the 1980's. It would be pretty safe to guess 0%, maybe 25% if silverish in appearance. "Painted" Chuck E Cheese tokens pre-1985 or so have a chance of pull down $20 (or so it seems)

Now Canadian tire made a limited number of coins, those are 2.2% nickel if magnetic, and 25% if not magnetic. Highly collectable, as are older Canadian tire bills.

The 3 cent Canadian tire note is suprisingly common for an old bill. I'd love to get my hands on a 2 1/2 cent note.

http://numismondo.com/pm/can/index_0900.htm

Canada has always had a much much wider monetary policy than the US. If the US had "US tire" which competed directly against the US dollar, they would have sued it and killed it off decades ago.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 03-06-2013 at 08:25 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

prices went down $160 today
    Euro

My Ride
    Bicycle

Look like DDOS caused a run and someone shorted it made a killing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast