Quantcast
TVs - How big is too big? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TVs - How big is too big?

My Ride
    Skateboard

No such thing as too big...should've went with the 90....I am about 12 feet away.

^^^ In that room, a ~100" screen would be ideal. If it's a dedicated HT room, a projector would be perfect and much cheaper than the 90" TV.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by G
    No such thing as too big...should've went with the 90....I am about 12 feet away.

Jeezus my dad has a 108" projecter setup in a stand alone room and he sits closer than that.

My Ride
    Skateboard

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

Jeezus my dad has a 108" projecter setup in a stand alone room and he sits closer than that.
    It's a Chinese thing...."aaahyaaa don't sit too crose or you will grow brind!"

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by WhippWhapp
    If the pixel structure bothers you, then it's too big.
    This. The size vs distance guides are a bit on the conservative side for me, but I moved from a 60, to a 70, to an 80, and now I can see the pixels when I'm off the couch. I can't see myself going to a 90 until 4K becomes mainstream, in which case it's going all the way up to 100+ haha.

Another problem is how much you have to turn your head when watching sports. If you go for way too big in a small room, you're going to have a neck workout.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Skateboard

Originally posted by rage2

This. The size vs distance guides are a bit on the conservative side for me, but I moved from a 60, to a 70, to an 80, and now I can see the pixels when I'm off the couch. I can't see myself going to a 90 until 4K becomes mainstream, in which case it's going all the way up to 100+ haha.

Another problem is how much you have to turn your head when watching sports. If you go for way too big in a small room, you're going to have a neck workout.
    84" but it cost 25k but is there anything filmed in 4k?

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...64709735aden02

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by G

That's too big for the room....and hung too high
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

In the theater I'm building i've planned for a 55" high by 132" wide screen - this is with a 2.4 aspect ration though 16:9 it's more like a 112" diagonal. I'll be sitting about 12' away.

My Ride
    Skateboard

Originally posted by rotten42

That's too big for the room....and hung too high
    You're just looking at the nook in that picture. The media room is actually 17 x 16 feet. I don't think it is too high...it may seem high because the little guy is only 3 years old. When I watch tv I am pretty much eye level.

My Ride
    changes every year

im 8ft from a 58" and i want bigger, i want an 80". i saw one at visions, didnt look at the specs or the brand, but it was 5k and holy jesus it looked amazing, everything looked damn near real, made my TV look like a hunk of shit.

My Ride
    nissan

Looking at getting a big TV - 60" +, what do you guys figure are the top TV's? from what it seems / is marketed, Samsung would be #1??? Reason I ask is I was leaning towards the Samsung, but the 70's and 80's are all made by Sharp. I wouldn't want to sacrifice quality for size?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by cet

In the theater I'm building i've planned for a 55" high by 132" wide screen - this is with a 2.4 aspect ration though 16:9 it's more like a 112" diagonal. I'll be sitting about 12' away.
    I just went and looked and its about 8' from the 108" diagonal screen in my dads basement.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by trliniar
    Looking at getting a big TV - 60" +, what do you guys figure are the top TV's? from what it seems / is marketed, Samsung would be #1??? Reason I ask is I was leaning towards the Samsung, but the 70's and 80's are all made by Sharp. I wouldn't want to sacrifice quality for size?
    Depends. I'm a diehard plasma guy, but Panasonic (THE brand to go with for plasma's) are really only readily available in 65".

Be careful since Panasonic also makes the WORST LCD LED's lol.

My Ride
    Subaru Impreza (White)

If you have to shift your head to see either side, to big.

Originally posted by G

You're just looking at the nook in that picture. The media room is actually 17 x 16 feet. I don't think it is too high...it may seem high because the little guy is only 3 years old. When I watch tv I am pretty much eye level.
    Way too high. The gap between the media stand and the bottom of the TV should be 6-8 inches for it to be the proper height. That being said if you like it the way it is, that's great, no need to change it.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Depends. I'm a diehard plasma guy, but Panasonic (THE brand to go with for plasma's) are really only readily available in 65".

Originally posted by Manhattan
    Be careful since Panasonic also makes the WORST LCD LED's lol.
    It saddens me to say this, but Panasonic has decided to shut down their plasma TV division. If you like plasma TVs, you better get them while you can.

^^^ Are you serious? That is terrible news. Definitely pick them up while you can. I would have thought them to be by far the most popular Plasma brand, I am really surprised.

I’m bothered by the current lack of selection on 40” high end TVs. In Europe and the US they’re everywhere but in Canada they seem to have stopped bringing in 32 and 40 and focused on 46 and up. Even 46 is getting rare. The trend to always be bigger and bigger is rather annoying compounded with Canada’s shit product selection to begin with. For example, I want a Samsung 9 series 40" with all the latest hardware. Quad core processor, Wifi, Widi etc. I don't want to have to buy a 70" to get those features.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    ^^^ Are you serious? That is terrible news. Definitely pick them up while you can. I would have thought them to be by far the most popular Plasma brand, I am really surprised.
    I'd estimate you'll still be able to buy them for 18-24 months. The new models are still scheduled to come out soon, they just stopped development and engineering of future plasma TVs.

Lots of changes in this industry, Mitsubishi is also getting out of home theatre projectors.

I believe Apple entering the TV market is also going to be a big game changer.

Plus we have OLED, 4k and HDBaseT which look like they're all going to go mainstream at the same time.
    Last edited by wtf im nameless; 03-27-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Originally posted by BigMass
    I’m bothered by the current lack of selection on 40” high end TVs. In Europe and the US they’re everywhere but in Canada they seem to have stopped bringing in 32 and 40 and focused on 46 and up. Even 46 is getting rare. The trend to always be bigger and bigger is rather annoying compounded with Canada’s shit product selection to begin with. For example, I want a Samsung 9 series 40" with all the latest hardware. Quad core processor, Wifi, Widi etc. I don't want to have to buy a 70" to get those features.
    That will never happen.

The market for high end 32-40 inch TVs is a fraction of the size of the Plasma TV market, and Panasonic decided it wasn't financially beneficial to continue making them.

Personally I don't want any features on my TVs at all, I want a slim bezeled monitor that has great picture. I'd rather have a small media player plugged into it VS. having all those features built into the TV.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast