Quantcast
Crossfit Games 2013 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Crossfit Games 2013

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by zipdoa

Rich Froning seems to be doing all right
    Guy is a beast 2x champion of the crossfit games but he is the top guy out of thousands of people. I think it would take years and years of training to do these workouts with perfect form esp with all the burpees.

Originally posted by CapnCrunch

It sounds stupid and dangerous. Hopefully nobody makes it up to 210.

The top guys destroy this circuit hahahaha

I was not saying that crossfit is bad but ive always believed that esp with olympic lifts form has to be 100%. Ive legit seen crossfit guys that cant even deadlift properly doing these workouts and it makes me cringe.

My hats off to the top guys tho cuz they are beasts!!!
    IG:scboss

Originally posted by warcaster

Guy is a beast 2x champion of the crossfit games but he is the top guy out of thousands of people. I think it would take years and years of training to do these workouts with perfect form esp with all the burpees.

The top guys destroy this circuit hahahaha

I was not saying that crossfit is bad but ive always believed that esp with olympic lifts form has to be 100%. Ive legit seen crossfit guys that cant even deadlift properly doing these workouts and it makes me cringe.

My hats off to the top guys tho cuz they are beasts!!!
    Your points are great, continuously working on proper oly lifting technique will get you better with the right coaching/guidance.
    The issue with many people especially when it comes to crossfit, they seem to look for the cheaper option (groupon). If you see something like this pop up, avoid that gym. Do your homework, look for the right 'box'

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by trevh

The sport has changed my life, I started at a gym here in Calgary with mediocre owners who brought in decent coaching staff. If you have a chance to look at Crossfit MOST in Calgary- Coaching staff that work with Olympic/University Level athletes, ex stampeders/Dinos train here and they have ART/Massage.
    I like how you call it a Sport. That's exactly what I think it is.

I wouldn't call it training...as I don't think it's effective from that standpoint. I definitely think it would be an interesting Sport to train for though!

As I say, I would love to learn more about it as I'm certainly no expert. Maybe it's even a sport I will train for one day!

My Ride
    Has wheels

Originally posted by davidI

As I say, I would love to learn more about it as I'm certainly no expert. Maybe it's even a sport I will train for one day!
    I've started implemented it a little bit into my lifting on my days off. It's a totally different workout and I find I'm drained after a session.

I enjoyed it and the atmosphere is addicting as well. Something I plan on doing just to keep things interesting.

I'd recommend trying it.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

I have yet to find a reasonably priced crossfit facility. 50-75/month for a typical world health/whatever that you can use whenever you want. Crossfit seems to run 200+/month or more for use of a warehouse with some plates, ropes and tires.

I think the IDEA is good, just right now it seems to be a money/gravy train.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

Originally posted by austic

Yup full scale testing at regionals and again at games...
    Does testing even matter? Even if they did juice, testing wouldn't prove sh*t if they ran their cycles properly and stayed off until their bloodwork was back to normal.

Originally posted by Khyron
    I have yet to find a reasonably priced crossfit facility. 50-75/month for a typical world health/whatever that you can use whenever you want. Crossfit seems to run 200+/month or more for use of a warehouse with some plates, ropes and tires.

I think the IDEA is good, just right now it seems to be a money/gravy train.
    Completely agree with you. I'd love to join a crossfit gym but 200 a month is quite a lot, even if you go 4-5 times a week. Somewhere like 2110 fitness seams more reasonable and half the cost.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Originally posted by trevh

I'd like to see you hit 150. It really doesn't matter how fast you do burpee's in the workout. As long as you stay consistent through them. Moving the heavy weight efficiently/effectively is the key.
    My shoulders aren't sore, my lower back and ass though!
    See thee is where I have no problem as a bigger athlete with a larger max snatch. Pacing myself to 165 would be the problem. Not the actual snatch. I will try this one when i healed. My training partner with. 35lb less max snatch got 150 so I assume I would make the same or better.
    Last edited by austic; 03-11-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Originally posted by davidI

you nice guy, you workout, and you talk then drink lots of alcohol poison to your body. why do you do that? that is not in fitness plan of any strength i see.

people do what they like and people like cross fit. kinda gay, if you ask some, you do own, you should under why people like.

sorry trapperjask, i post for test

sorry i quote image because many pople don't know how to lift. i work out at gym, may 1 fourth, proerp lifts oly

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by Tej.S

Does testing even matter? Even if they did juice, testing wouldn't prove sh*t if they ran their cycles properly and stayed off until their bloodwork was back to normal.
    I agree 100%. Unless they are tested randomly throughout the year it's so easy to get around. Just look at Allister overeem and lance Armstrong

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by rob the knob

you nice guy, you workout, and you talk then drink lots of alcohol poison to your body. why do you do that? that is not in fitness plan of any strength i see.

people do what they like and people like cross fit. kinda gay, if you ask some, you do own, you should under why people like.

sorry trapperjask, i post for test

sorry i quote image because many pople don't know how to lift. i work out at gym, may 1 fourth, proerp lifts oly

2nd attempt yesterday. 121 rep count, no reps on two snatch lifts.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

The Camille chick talks a bit like GSP.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
    Hot or not?

http://theathleticbuild.com/the-top-...s-of-crossfit/
    I would be proud of taking down 1, 3, 4, 5 & 7.

I would still probably get on the rest of the females, but I would not publicize the fact that I did.

The dudes they show are pretty jacked. My perception of CF is being slowly swayed...

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

I still stand by my opinion: F*ck crossfit. Hannibal and the calisthenics crew are better than these phaggots.

My Ride
    2011 5.0 FX4

I managed 127 on 13.1. I've turned my whole basement into a pretty decent set-up just because the CF fees are high. I do miss the group classes as they are naturally competitive, and in a good box you can have some good battles between you and other ppl.

As for the technique I find for myself that my technique gets way better as I start to fatigue because I don't want to miss the lift. Nothing is worse than missing it and having to try to regroup with only a few minutes left.

I have my level 1 in CF and by no means does that make me an amazing coach. I think by taking the course it has made me realize that I need more knowledge, and know that there is still a lot to learn when it comes to correcting movements and teaching proper tech. But I will still use my family and friends as my guinea pigs so that I can gain the experience of what triggers work for what person, along with how to teach proper form. I will also continue to evolve and take courses if this becomes something that I wish to pursue as a career.

Just my 2 cents though.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by stevelou
    I managed 127 on 13.1. I've turned my whole basement into a pretty decent set-up just because the CF fees are high. I do miss the group classes as they are naturally competitive, and in a good box you can have some good battles between you and other ppl.

As for the technique I find for myself that my technique gets way better as I start to fatigue because I don't want to miss the lift. Nothing is worse than missing it and having to try to regroup with only a few minutes left.

I have my level 1 in CF and by no means does that make me an amazing coach. I think by taking the course it has made me realize that I need more knowledge, and know that there is still a lot to learn when it comes to correcting movements and teaching proper tech. But I will still use my family and friends as my guinea pigs so that I can gain the experience of what triggers work for what person, along with how to teach proper form. I will also continue to evolve and take courses if this becomes something that I wish to pursue as a career.

Just my 2 cents though.
    Yeah if your really serious about training always keep taking courses. Thats whats seperates good trainers/coaches from shit ones that think they know everything.

If you want big cash you need to get a uni degree (even tho its shit compared to hands on exp).

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Anyone here going to Regionals?
    Autosignature

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2