Quantcast
Sage Hill - Sage Stone Townhomes - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sage Hill - Sage Stone Townhomes

My Ride
    Toyota 4Runner

Default Sage Hill - Sage Stone Townhomes

Looking at buying a townhome in that new Sage Stone development. Anyone have info about what's going up around there? From what I see right now there's a farmers field across the way and some various items here and there. Price seems right, (246k for 1400 sqft) but is it actually REALLY far from everything?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

It's not far, I was intending to buy one and ended up buying a townhome in Coventry Station instead. 1400sq ft includes the garage though.

My Ride
    Corvette

It's FAR, no doubt about that.

Far but both Sarcee and Stoney extending up to 144...

depends on what you mean by 'everything'. Lots of new development going on in the area in terms of shops and stores. You would be about 30 min drive from downtown.

My Ride
    TDi

Not far at all. You get used to the commute eventually. Traffic is pretty good plus it's like five minutes from Stoney and maybe 10+ from Deerfoot.
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    Grimace

Default Re: Sage Hill - Sage Stone Townhomes

Originally posted by CalgaryXXL
    Looking at buying a townhome in that new Sage Stone development. Anyone have info about what's going up around there? From what I see right now there's a farmers field across the way and some various items here and there. Price seems right, (246k for 1400 sqft) but is it actually REALLY far from everything?
    There was supposed to be commercial developent in that big empty spot east of these. It has just sat for years now. West is supposed to be a commercial bit past shag, this is to include a sobeys (2015 though iirc). It is not far from anything. Creekside is a few minutes away, beacon hill is like 3 minutes away. Royal oak is like 7 minutes away, crowfoot is 8 minutes away, downtown I can get to work in under 25 mins. I have never visited sage stone but they look much nicer than the pos ones down the road behind my house
    Last edited by schocker; 03-10-2013 at 03:15 PM.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Depends where you need to go. As has been said, it isn't really far from stores, etc with both and Beacon Hill and Creekside quite accessible.

Far from the rest of the city, like downtown? Sure. But does that really matter to you or not?

I live in Kincora, and am perfectly fine with where I'm positioned. If I worked downtown, it might be a different story.

My Ride
    Toyota 4Runner

I work just around the corner from Deerfoot and Glenmore. Seems to be pretty quick when we drove back the other day.

@Twin_Cam_Turbo what was the deciding factor for you? What is the base price of Coventry Hills?

@Kloubek if we take the place we'll have to have a beer!

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I work just around the corner from Deerfoot and Glenmore. Seems to be pretty quick when we drove back the other day.

@Twin_Cam_Turbo what was the deciding factor for you? What is the base price of Coventry Hills?

If traffic is light it isn't too bad because Beddington is 80 most of the way (90-100), and then Deerfoot is 100. (120). But especially in the morning after a snow, Beddington can get real slow going, and Deerfoot... well... we all know what that can be light in rush hour.

I can make it to my work in the Greenview industrial park in about 15 minutes if it wasn't for traffic. Traffic in, my morning commute usually takes around 25 minutes.

Downtown I can get to in about 20-25 minutes, traffic aside.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

For me, actually the location of the Sage Stone place is actually better, I currently live in the Hamptons and my commute only would have been 5 or so km longer, plug I would have been closer to my parents.

The Coventry Station place however is the last development in the area it looks like, its easy access to Deerfoot and Stoney, its already got tons of developed stores etc around it, plus its only 3 or so minutes from my girlfriends parents house. In the end I paid $256900 with all upgrades at Coventry Station, but since then I understand they have raised the prices and almost all the units are sold last time I checked. My commute however is going to be close to 50% more mileage every day.

I also did like the layout of the Coventry Station townhomes better though.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

I live in Kincora and work downtown, and my viewpoint on this is a little different. For amenities and as a general place to live I am quite happy.

For me, commuting downtown isn't bad at all. I can drive there in fifteen minutes in an evening or a weekend for dinner, and during the week it doesn't usually take me much more than half an hour to drive on most days. However, due to the expensive parking I typically take transit instead. I drive to Sandstone and catch the 64 Express from there, it usually gets me downtown in about half an hour once I have boarded the bus.

But driving to Glenmore every day is one commute I'd avoid. I dread the days I need to head down to Quarry Park, that commute has ranged from decent some days to downright terrible in the morning, and always horrible on the way home. Some people may avoid the traffic and head to work at 6:30AM and then leave their offices by 3 or 3:30PM; at those times it isn't so bad. But for people like me, who leave home around 7:20AM and leave the office at 5PM, I would hate driving the Deerfoot to Glenmore day after day.

My Ride
    Toyota 4Runner

The other thing I should put out there is I have the option to work from home and make my own hours. If traffic is bad in the morning I can just wait until 10am to leave, if it snows I'll just work from home.

There are some garaged townhomes going up in Sage Hill, did you take a look at the layout for those?

I don't mind driving on the Deerfoot in the morning generally it's fairly smooth going, I don't think I've had many instances where I've found myself gridlocked. Crowchild on the other hand... I'll avoid that if I can, mind you this morning there was no backups until the merge onto Glenmore.

I've only been here since November though so maybe my outlook will change.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

if you are over in the SE for work... and want amenities... why not live in the SE too?

http://york29.com/

My Ride
    Grimace

I lied about the location of my reference point. I was thinking Sonoma at Sage Hill. Those look nice too but are $240k starting and a different size than sage stone. They have garages though if you are looking for that. Those might be something to look at also. With easy access to Beddington/Deerfoot, Shaganappi, Stoney/Crowchild, it has pretty good access to the rest of the city.

My Ride
    Toyota 4Runner

Originally posted by ercchry
    if you are over in the SE for work... and want amenities... why not live in the SE too?

http://york29.com/
    Ehhhh that's the part of Deerfoot that really gets backed up, and no access to Stoney. No offense if you live out there, but I went into Superstore last night and everyone was in sweatpants and all the women had mustaches.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

i live IN the city... but you dont have to even touch deerfoot to get to glenmore from there... and thats superstore everywhere. its a half step up from shopping at walmart

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

The other thing I should put out there is I have the option to work from home and make my own hours. If traffic is bad in the morning I can just wait until 10am to leave, if it snows I'll just work from home.

There are some garaged townhomes going up in Sage Hill, did you take a look at the layout for those?

I don't mind driving on the Deerfoot in the morning generally it's fairly smooth going, I don't think I've had many instances where I've found myself gridlocked. Crowchild on the other hand... I'll avoid that if I can, mind you this morning there was no backups until the merge onto Glenmore.

I've only been here since November though so maybe my outlook will change.
    I did not look at anything other than Sage Stone in Sage Hill, the reason I preferred the Coventry Station townhome is the floor plan felt much more open compared to the Sage Stone townhome.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Its awesome when the wind changes direction and you get to smell the dump. So far from anything good but to each there own.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Its awesome when the wind changes direction and you get to smell the dump. So far from anything good but to each there own.
    Another good point, pretty close to the dump, and also I see a lot of dump trucks going up and down 144th making noise.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast