Quantcast
ATK 700 Any experiences? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: ATK 700 Any experiences?

My Ride
    something green

Default ATK 700 Any experiences?

http://www.atkusa.com/atk/(S(5ns4lv555mfjuhuok11icue4))/documents/2009ATK700620cc.pdf

This looks fun and scary... ....
    Too loud for Aspen

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Wow I never even heard of these guys before. Cool to see "made in the USA" bikes & ATV's.

I'd be a bit worried some of their smaller bikes have Chinese made engines though, very few smaller manufacturers go through the trouble of making their own small displacement single cyl. engines. A lot of companies just opt to go Chinese made and then put their name on it.

Looks damn cool, I'd love to have a go on one of these.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    something green

I am not 100% sure, but these bikes may be part of the Maico brand out of Europe. This bike is pricey new, but I have a lead on a used one in the US for sale. So far I have only found one person that has even seen one in person, and he said "It'll rip your arms off at full throttle"..
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride

^ hahaha... Orly? He should take the SS1000R out for a rip if he really thinks that.
    I have a buddy with a modded one, its doing 213hp at the rear wheel.

This thing? um... no.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    something green

Yeah, there is more powerful bikes for sure in the street range.. I think his opinion is mostly in comparison to typical 450 4 stroke motorcross bikes.
    I was looking before at husky 650'ss but now husky has sold I dont want to buy a transition bike. The other option for big power is Service Honda, or Service Kawasaki bikes.. But when I saw this thing I was pretty impressed by the stats... Other cool bike is Beta 498 RR, but no support here either.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    oooo

They have made dirt bikes for ages but they never really took off. When I used to race I saw lots of dirt bikes but only ever saw 1 ATK and that was at a race in Vancouver.

They weren't as fast as the Japaneese bikes and were comparible to the water cooled husky's (and about as popular).

The suspension was apparently terrible and it had a powerband more for enduro type riding than MX, I never rode one but I did ride a late '90s husqvarna a few times and it was not a nice bike. Felt like a fast KDX without the torque.

Of the odd ball brands that got into dirt bikes this was probably the rarest with the GasGas 250's coming in a close second.

A 700cc 2 stroke dirt bike would be just retarded. I had a CR500 for a long time I used for sand dunes and that was absolutely insane and at times unrideable. I can't imagine another 200cc's.

Last edited by sillysod; 03-12-2013 at 02:16 PM.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

I've never heard of these guys before but the 650r is absolutely identical (down to the muffler and 650r badge) to the hyosung and so it the larger cruiser they offer. I doubt they're completely made in the USA.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride

Originally posted by sillysod

A 700cc 2 stroke dirt bike would be just retarded. I had a CR500 for a long time I used for sand dunes and that was absolutely insane and at times unrideable. I can't imagine another 200cc's.
    Are you fucking serious? If they put out a 700cc two stroke, count me in!!

I ALWAYS wanted a CR500 to make into a supermotard. That would be absolutely nutty to have a 700cc 2 stroke bike.

Strange, I was checking out their website, and I didn't see anything of that sort. Their fastest bike that I could see was that 650R.......which isn't fast.

So that whole comment about "fast bikes" was in proportion to that.

EDIT:
    Hmmm... some very bad reviews about it here.
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...roke-Supermoto
    Apparently this "made in america" bike is an absolute rip off of a brand called Maico, from Germany.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 03-12-2013 at 07:57 PM.

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Are you fucking serious? If they put out a 700cc two stroke, count me in!!

I ALWAYS wanted a CR500 to make into a supermotard. That would be absolutely nutty to have a 700cc 2 stroke bike.

Strange, I was checking out their website, and I didn't see anything of that sort. Their fastest bike that I could see was that 650R.......which isn't fast.

So that whole comment about "fast bikes" was in proportion to that.

EDIT:
    Hmmm... some very bad reviews about it here.
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...roke-Supermoto
    Apparently this "made in america" bike is an absolute rip off of a brand called Maico, from Germany.
    They have relations with Maico IIRC, they share parts, etc.

They actually make an 800 and a 850 as well. I cant remember but the I think the 700 was faster than both the 800's. Apparently the power is more trackable in these big cc bikes vs the cr500.

If you want something powerful, modern but not that big cc, the TM 300 2011 is known to be unusable arm ripper. Jugs are hand ported to order, bike is pimped out from the factory.

I have learned the hard way its not worth owning non mainstream dirt bikes though. Too annoying to get parts. If you like a bike that's 100% stock then its ok, if you like fucking around with them then its annoying.

Originally posted by Hollywood

They have relations with Maico IIRC, they share parts, etc.

They actually make an 800 and a 850 as well. I cant remember but the I think the 700 was faster than both the 800's. Apparently the power is more trackable in these big cc bikes vs the cr500.

If you want something powerful, modern but not that big cc, the TM 300 2011 is known to be unusable arm ripper. Jugs are hand ported to order, bike is pimped out from the factory.

I have learned the hard way its not worth owning non mainstream dirt bikes though. Too annoying to get parts. If you like a bike that's 100% stock then its ok, if you like fucking around with them then its annoying.
    The parts issue can be a major one. Combine a relatively short season, and limited free time to ride during that season, the last thing you'd want is a $10 part keeping you off the trails.

It really depends on what you want to do with the bike as always. I rode a KTM 300 for 4 years and it had all the power I could ask for and then some. I mostly ride tight single track type stuff and the reality is that more power just means more useless wheel spin, frustration, and fatigue. The limitation of my riding has always been me, never my bike. Made a switch to a 450 Berg this year, we'll see how it goes.

I read nothing but great things about the TM, as well as the Beta line of offroad bikes, but again finding them for sale is difficult, parts might be even worse.