Quantcast
Vegas Bachelor Party questions - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegas Bachelor Party questions

Default Vegas Bachelor Party questions

We are currently planning a bachelor party for my friend in Vegas in June and are having a hard time getting things booked. I was wondering if any of you with experience could answer a couple questions.

We have about 12 people going, most from Calgary, a couple from Saskatchewan, one from Halifax, and one from Edmonton. We all want to stay in the same hotel, obviously, and 4 per room is fine to keep costs down. What is the easiest way to book this and what should we pay per person? We were thinking MGM Grand or similar. I am seeing anywhere from $650-950 per person including flight for the exact same package, which seems to be more variation than I expected.

Should we just use a travel agent? Are they able to organize such a trip with so many different places of departure?

We just want everyone arriving at roughly the same time, and everyone in the same hotel, but it's proving difficult unless we book everything separately, which seems to bump the cost up substantially. The easiest way seems to be just call the hotel, but then you pay way more.

Also if there's any travel agents on here, feel free to reply or PM me and we may be able to work something out!

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I'm not sure if 12 is enough to get group rate from travel agent. Just keep your eyes on various travel site for package deals. If you want 4 per room, just book a room with two people and book the other two for flights only since the hotel may charge extra per person. I'm sure you know enough to check your numbers. You don't have a lot of time left for booking in Jun though. I'm guessing 800s would be a reasonable price for hotels similar to MGM Grand.

Have fun and don't steal any cop cars.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Book 2-3 Calgary people per room, and then add a non-calgarian to each room and they can book their flights seperately.

Or do they charge extra for room occupancy? I've never stayed in a hotel room with 3 other dudes before.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by blitz
    Book 2-3 Calgary people per room, and then add a non-calgarian to each room and they can book their flights seperately.

Or do they charge extra for room occupancy? I've never stayed in a hotel room with 3 other dudes before.
    Usually its $10 per head over the standard 2 people per room.
    You gotta be smart about it tho (can't tell them you're loading your room). Only say you're 2 per room, only get other guys to book flight, and get them in your rooms.

Win.

I've stayed in hotel rooms with 6-8 guys before (no homo) hahaha. Sucks, but makes things super cheap if that's what you're after

My Ride
    TDi

MGM is actually pretty cheap compared to the other hotels out there. Definitely look at prices from 500-650 from Calgary for flight and hotel. Book at double occupancy and just make sure you have 2 doubles or 2 queens and you're set.

What dates are you going?

edit: btw if you plan on going from jun21-23 be prepared to pay A LOT of money for partying
    Last edited by 403ep3; 03-11-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    GO FLAMES GO!

The problem we're having is you can only book 4 at a time using the travel websites, and it's a nightmare getting anyone to do anything for themselves, so I would like to just do it all at once through an agent or website and then have them pay me back for flight/hotel.

We want to go Friday June 14th and return Monday June 17.

Ideally we could just get a travel agent to treat it like a destination wedding, and have bookings done as people pay.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-11-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Rent a condo or house. Find one close or on the strip.

http://www.vrbo.com/82771

http://www.vrbo.com/254410

http://www.vrbo.com/276451

Short limo rides to the strip divided by 12 = cheap

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Looks like that week is not too bad. The price for the week after is like 100-200 more, Electric Daisy?

If you are having problem organizing now, it won't get any easier when you are there. Not trying to shoot you down, just from my experience especially with a big group. Don't forget about direct flights, most posted packages are with stopover. It's worth every penny to have direct flights IMO.

I've done this. Don't do it through a travel website.

Let everyone book their own flight. there is little to no money to be saved there with 12 people.

Call the hotels directly and figure out the hotel booking with them. Just tell them to put in the notes you want your rooms together and when you check in they will do their best to put you in attaching/nearby rooms. When I booked at PH, I called the managing company directly. I remember they also booked for caesars and all of those hotels in that chain as well, and the person can actually look amongst their 7-8 hotels to see if there are any deals to be had.

You can also try the credit card tip when you are checking in to see if you can get an upgrade to a suite.
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

The idea of renting a condo/penthouse for us all is actually very good - and it eliminates all booking hassle. I'm going to look into that more.

This is totally turning out to be a nightmare to plan, and everyone is super lazy, and just wants the trip booked.

Worse case scenario we will abandon the plan and just rent a big cabin somewhere, maybe bring in some catering and topless servers or something.

My Ride
    TDi

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/nev...ns/suites.html

Fits 10 but you can probably throw 12 in there.

$629 a night
    GO FLAMES GO!

Book the flights and hotel separate.

use matrix.itasoftware.com to find the best rates for the flights

If you're looking for a suite, Elara has really good prices. http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/nev...SGV/index.html

It's just behind planet hollywood and is connected to the miracle mile. We got a 4 bedroom suite with them to throw a superbowl party. Basically is a 2 bedroom suite with 2 other rooms connected to it. You should be able to fit your whole party that way. The suite is pretty pimp with a massive tub, panoramic view, and stuff. Projector with massive screen that comes down, bar, etc. Probably the cheapest suite you can find on/adjacent to the strip.

I'm liking the hotel/hilton idea.

Getting one huge room removes like 90% of the hassle, then everyone just books their own flights.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I've never rented a condo before. It does sound pretty good if you have a tight group. You just have to collect the money first and who's putting the credit card down for damage deposit lol? How many keys do you get? Not everyone comes back together after the late night activities usually.

We booked the 10 person 4bdrm room at the Hilton for $638/nt.

Thanks again for that suggestion, I had no idea something like that was even feasible - this will be my first time to Vegas.

Is the Rhino the best strip club?

My Ride
    2011 5.0 FX4

I liked the Rhino, we went to Crazy horse last year never again EVER. Dirty and felt like we going to get into a fight at any second.

When i was at the Rhino I believe they said that there would be over 100 girls there around midnight not sure if it was true as we had to leave to go to our bar destination before 11:30
    Last edited by stevelou; 03-11-2013 at 02:42 PM.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

That and sapphire. Make it the last stop of the night, it's almost impossible to regroup after, guaranteed that a few people will be gone missing.

My Ride
    TDi

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    We booked the 10 person 4bdrm room at the Hilton for $638/nt.

Thanks again for that suggestion, I had no idea something like that was even feasible - this will be my first time to Vegas.

Is the Rhino the best strip club?
    Nice, you're quick to book lol.

If you just want to go out clubbing and have some "cheap" drinks then you should hit up the Palms Place. They have a couple clubs/lounges that offer all-you-can-drink for 3-4 hours (10-2??) for like $90. I went there last year with some friends and I was done... I clearly wanted to make my money worth it
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

With your savings on the hotel I would look at a "VIP Party Package." Going to be real difficult (read: expensive) to get 12 dudes into a club on a weekend.

Bet on a $100 a head if they will let you skin your way in.

None of us are really are into clubbing, we are there for 3 days and were thinking this:

- Nice dinner
    - Piano bar
    - Cabana all afternoon one day
    - Strippers
    - $90 all you can drink sounds pretty good though actually

How does Olympic Garden compare to the Rhino? My research suggests they are more lenient haha...but maybe its a shithole, I have no clue.

I'm also only one of 2 single guys going, so we wont be picking up girls at bottle service clubs or anything, sadly.

I really don't think any of us want to spend $100/person just to get into a club and pay $600/bottle for service.

The groom's father will be with us as well, so I have no idea what he is up for just yet haha.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-11-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast