Quantcast
NE gas station "Sunrise Gas"- only gives credit for difference on prepaid purchases - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: NE gas station "Sunrise Gas"- only gives credit for difference on prepaid purchases

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

What companies commonly do if you pay at the pump is your credit card gets authorized/temporarily charged for $100. Then you pump in $75. Then later it gets worked out that you get $25 back. And by later it's usually the next day or two after. None of it is instant unless you pay inside in which case it's like paying for anything. A lot of the gas stations up north here are used to trucks filling up way more than $100 and then take out $150.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by GQBalla
    been there a few times, always noticed i had shitty fuel economy.

I asked about this the first time i went there and they said store credit only.

So i just filled up less

no problem for me. Don't understand why anyone needs to make a big huss out of it
    Its a big deal about nothing. I get gas there sometimes. I just don't fill, get 20 or 30, I know it wont take less as I know my car. And the clerk always asks if the car will take that much before you pay.

Originally posted by FixedGear
    it seems that many/most gas stations these days require that you prepay. are drive-offs really that common? i've never seen it happen in my entire life... have to admit i think it's kind of stupid, it's a PITA and you don't generally seeing other businesses require prepayment (especially when you don't even know how much product you're buying in the first place). even having a few drive-offs per month is a drop in the bucket, and a cost of doing business...
    The 7/11 that one of my sons works at part time goes to prepay at 11:00PM until 7:00 the next day - drive-offs are the main reason.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Originally posted by ZEDGE

Its a big deal about nothing. I get gas there sometimes. I just don't fill, get 20 or 30, I know it wont take less as I know my car. And the clerk always asks if the car will take that much before you pay.
    Common practice for me or maybe I'm just lazy and don't care about fully gassing up my car 100%

I could care less about missing out on 5-10 bucks of gas before my next fuel up.

My Ride
    CBR 929

So when they give you the store credit is it a piece of paper from their store, do they load a giftcard? A giftcard would cost money I presume to load (usually swiped through the debit machine)??

[url]

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

This is why I love Esso's speedpass

Tap, pick fuel, fill, leave.
    Doesn't ask me if I want a car wash, and no receipt as per my request.

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

You know what I find really fucked up? That they would say they don't have the systems in place and they can't afford it, yet if you payed with cash, they still won't give you your change. That's fucked up, if I only had a $50 bill in my pocket, I always just prepay with the $50, then come back in for my change, I'm not gonna guess exactly how much it costs to fill up. Fucking piece of shit scumbags.

My Ride
    Bicycle

How much do you really save going to dumps like these?

Why do people even bother compare to brand name stations?

^who knows, but I always fill with top tier which I'm certain they not have

My Ride
    Bicycle

At least I can understand going to shit stations (Co-Op, Superstore, Safeway) for a few bucks to buy grocery, but these shit holes get you nothing. And you probably don't want to get anything but 87 from them because their 91 is probably been in the tank for months without a refill. The 91 tank is probably mostly evaporated and just left with higher percentage of additive and crap that's left behind.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by Disoblige
    This is why I love Esso's speedpass

Tap, pick fuel, fill, leave.
    Doesn't ask me if I want a car wash, and no receipt as per my request.
    Ditto, plus it keeps my aeroplan miles alive

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Originally posted by Xtrema
    At least I can understand going to shit stations (Co-Op, Superstore, Safeway) for a few bucks to buy grocery, but these shit holes get you nothing. And you probably don't want to get anything but 87 from them because their 91 is probably been in the tank for months without a refill. The 91 tank is probably mostly evaporated and just left with higher percentage of additive and crap that's left behind.
    Co-op is well known for having high quality gas among the industry. They keep high standards and I have yet to have a complaint for them in regards to quality, shy of that diesel mix up.

The old rule is high volume and recent tank replacement. The busier the station is the better. Co-op's are the busiest of the secondary stations.

My order of preference is Esso> Shell> Co-op> Petro> --- the rest.

seriously, how much can you save per tank by going to places like sunrise? I never gas up at joints like sunrise, centex, domo, etc. the quality of gas from what I've heard is crap...do these places water down their gas?

my preference -> chevron>esso>shell. (chevron when I am in BC). I don't even bother with p.can gas, I always get bad mileage with them.

Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC

Co-op is well known for having high quality gas among the industry. They keep high standards and I have yet to have a complaint for them in regards to quality, shy of that diesel mix up.

The old rule is high volume and recent tank replacement. The busier the station is the better. Co-op's are the busiest of the secondary stations.

My order of preference is Esso> Shell> Co-op> Petro> --- the rest.
    I think co-op sells Shell gas but without the detergents etc.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

The detergents are mandated by law. You might not be getting "Nitrogen Power" or "Esso Extra", but I'm pretty sure the gas isn't going to be purple gas.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Bicycle

Non branded means you can get gas from any refinery. Wherever the can strike a deal. Getting 87 Shell stock may not be a good thing since 87 has up to 10% ethanol.

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

i went there once, the clerk was rude and asked how much gas i wanted. so told him 20galons. he got mad and said "no!! dollars only!!" i said ok 60 dollars.

screw sunrise gas, bunch of greedy desi's.

hit up Can Pro Gas on Barlow Trail, almost always cheapest gas in the city, and no need to pre-pay.. one of very few
    Curse you imageshack..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3