Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 108 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 108 of 258 FirstFirst ... 98 107 108 109 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 5145

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone have the 2.7? I see a lot of nice, low km 2.7s for sale but I'm wondering if they have enough power? I would be daily driving the truck and only using it to tow a few times a year (ski boat + trailer for ~4,000lbs of weight + gear)
    Paging @OTown . He just bought one. As far as I know he's happy with it.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Mine is a 2.7, it’s rather new so I have not towed anything yet as I’m just over 1200km. I did however purchase it after using my brother in-laws truck to move my trailer at the end of last season which was the 2.7 and I had zero issues with a 4600lb dry 5300lb loaded (weighed for WDH purposes) trailer.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

The 2.7 is a very under rated motor and until you drive one without being biased you would not think its only a 2.7. It gets shit on a ton but its either the guys who have never driven one or need the V8 Murican muscle to feel adequate about them selves. For a daily driver with the occasional tow of 4klbs this would be more than adequate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    2005 F350

pretty sure that the 2.7 beat both the 3.5 and 5.0L in a 1/8th mile test. that motor is more than adequate for most people's use as a grocery getter.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Was at ford today for my work truck, first how does it take 2 hours for a booked quicklane oil change.

Regardless; guy came in talking about how his tailgate keeps opening as he goes down the highway. Asked if there was anything to do. They said it was a recall but parts arent available yet. So they sent this old dude out to the parking lot to 'pull the fuse', but they didn't know which one.

WTF
    Cos...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Dealerships are the worst part of buying and owning vehicles.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    Was at ford today for my work truck, first how does it take 2 hours for a booked quicklane oil change.

Regardless; guy came in talking about how his tailgate keeps opening as he goes down the highway. Asked if there was anything to do. They said it was a recall but parts arent available yet. So they sent this old dude out to the parking lot to 'pull the fuse', but they didn't know which one.

WTF
    Yep. Got a few trucks with this recall and no repair as well. And the block heater cord one they replaced all these block heater cords and it seems it was actually the heater style itself causing fires (two different style heaters).

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

I have a 2.7 with just over 11,000km and it's got some good power. I was very surprised with how well it picks up speed. I had a run with a co-worker with a '17 5.0 with full exhaust and intake. Easily pulled away from him.

Thinking about towing a small travel trailer this summer so we'll see how it goes. Last summer when I went to Vancouver/Seattle, driving through the mountains was no big deal on the big passing hills. Also gets really good highway mileage. From Calgary-Vancouver/Burnaby, I was able to go without filling up and drove around the city for a day. It was at about 1050km and the gas light didn't come on yet.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    The 2.7 is a very under rated motor and until you drive one without being biased you would not think its only a 2.7. It gets shit on a ton but its either the guys who have never driven one or need the V8 Murican muscle to feel adequate about them selves. For a daily driver with the occasional tow of 4klbs this would be more than adequate.
    Sounds like a great usage case for a quarter ton
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

4K lbs and gear and people in the truck would probably come close to exceeding the capacity of the trucks cargo rating in a 1/4 ton. I remember looking into this years ago, and found the numbers were too close for comfort.

I mean, 2 people in the truck, nothing in the box, and it would probably be ok. But start putting a couple hundred pounds in the box, combined with the tongue weight of the trailer, (400lbs if 10%)... call it 800lbs total cargo before adding anything else like dogs, or supplies in the box...and you are over weight.

*edit* holy fuck, this is surprising as hell...That's more than my F150!
    The Ranger has a best-in-class maximum payload capacity of 1,860 pounds (844 kg).
    Last edited by spikerS; 03-06-2020 at 06:58 PM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

There is no good usage case for a quarter ton IMO. Not when half tons get better mileage, more space, more towing capacity, more payload, more more more.

I can't think of a single reason other than money (even then its minimal these days) that you would consider one. my opinion.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    There is no good usage case for a quarter ton IMO. Not when half tons get better mileage, more space, more towing capacity, more payload, more more more.

I can't think of a single reason other than money (even then its minimal these days) that you would consider one. my opinion.
    I’d buy a ZR-2 for off road if I could afford it...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    *edit* holy fuck, this is surprising as hell...That's more than my F150!
    Dude, the F150 has a "max payload" of 3200 lbs too. Don't confuse the marketing brochure for the capabilities of the trucks that people actually purchase.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

I've had both, smaller trucks are easier to drive in the city, some have higher payloads than half tons depending on how they are spec'd. Fuel econ should be better on the smaller truck too, which official ratings show as well. I have noticed for March though GM and Ford are doing some huge discounts on their half tons for 2020s. They must be forecasting a big drop in sales this year and are trying to combat it.

Name:  epa.JPG
Views: 224
Size:  84.5 KB

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Yep dont be scared of the numbers. The 2.7 is a crazy fast and powerful engine.

Does the 2.7 have the same cold start rattle/timing chain noise like the 3.5?

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    Does the 2.7 have the same cold start rattle/timing chain noise like the 3.5?
    I have heard of people having it with the 2.7. I don’t notice it on mine so maybe I’m lucky or maybe it’s too early.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post
    Anyone have the 2.7? I see a lot of nice, low km 2.7s for sale but I'm wondering if they have enough power? I would be daily driving the truck and only using it to tow a few times a year (ski boat + trailer for ~4,000lbs of weight + gear)
    I daily my 3.5, used to be tuned but I'm back to stock for driveability. I had a 2.7 for a rental during some service and I definitely noticed the power difference (stock to stock to be clear), the 3.5 has way more "meat" to it it feels. The 10spd mates well with the 2.7 though, it feels like the shift strategy is a bit different for it. Now, the rental was also a fairly bare XLT vs my loaded Lariat so there would be a significant weight difference as well. In the same truck I'm not sure the 2.7 would wow me.

Edit: girlfriends sister drives a supercrew XLT "loaded", leveled on 35s and it would still break those loose and drive good. So its not all negative. Its just not 470ftlbs of torque positive
    Last edited by TurboMedic; 03-07-2020 at 02:50 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

I was just trying to help asp integra with his question He was very specific so i tried to stay on track even though i know its beyond fashion to suggest other things lol

I dont know if the fuel mileage is true but i agree with everything else other than it being easier to DD too. The 1/4 tons are monsters now and very capable but unless you specifically want something smaller to drive, then a 1/2 ton is what id be getting. You're also right tabout the costs of the 1/4's vs 1/2 being minimal, an xlt ranger spec'd the same as an xlt f150 wont be much of a cost difference, you could get a nicer f150 cheaper than a tacoma lol
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Anyone hear any rumours for the new 2021 drivetrains?

I’m curious about the hybrid and V8. The V8 will give us insight to the mustang too.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Page 108 of 258 FirstFirst ... 98 107 108 109 118 ... LastLast