Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 142 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 142 of 257 FirstFirst ... 132 141 142 143 152 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So... no?

Ford DEF seems to sell for ~$80/2.5gal on Amazon... tank on the 3.0L holds 5.4gal and is said to last ~16k kms.... so ~$600/yr eating into your diesel savings
    Just a quick search on the internet I can find 9.46 litres for $18.60 and cheaper if you buy larger volume. Not Ford brand but I am not worried about that.

Edit - And, not the end all be all but being in the automotive industry for as long as I have, and having helped out industry people for so many years, I have so many connects for just about everything short of fuel that I don't pay retail for anything if it is for my own vehicles, so I do get savings abound. That said, I get savings on the gasser side of things too.

I am not trying to make it sound like I have my mind made up already, but so far nobody has presented me with anything that is a game changer that I haven't considered.
    Last edited by tirebob; 01-13-2021 at 05:07 PM.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    You'll most certainly be able to sell for more privately @littledan

Just to see, I contacted the local Ford dealer to me to get them to quote out the same truck as I was originally going to order, they came back at $41 bw more than my friend quoted me at. Gave the other place all the same info and options, x plan etc.

The sales rep said we're price $500 over invoice, I don't understand how we can be so far apart.

My original build was only adding fx4, 20" wheels & upgraded sound. $247 bw

Other dealership quoted same truck @ $288 bw.

Damn dealership games.

I ended up changing my build and added power boards and twin panel roof. Wife likes those features, especially the roof. Happy wife, happy life they say.
    $261.xx bw. Still cheaper than the other quote.
    Mind sharing details? Talked to a sales guy at Woodridge, and it seems even with my dad working there, can't get a better deal, as "we're already at invoice". Seems like he can match the Cam Clark listed deal, but that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

@tirebob I am a huge fan of diesels in general but the 3L Powerstroke and 3L Ecodiesel engines are turds in my opinion (don’t have any experience with GMs new engine yet). DEF is almost a non issue, fuel filter 1-2 times a year needs to be factored in. With a good winter front and a functioning thermostat heat is never an issue. I don’t think the half ton diesels will hold their value like a HD diesel truck from what I’ve seen.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

looks like I am probably not gonna get this deal. Doing some searching and research, apparently only 2% of the F150s coming to Canada will have the 3.5L EB Hybrid motor in it, at least to start. So for every 100 trucks ordered by a dealer, only 2 of them will be allocated as a hybrid. FFS!

Talked with one guy, and he was smart-ish I guess... He knew he wanted it a long time ago, and he factory ordered his hybrid F150 in September last year and got employee pricing on it. His salesman was just notified this week of a VIN number being produced for it, and it is expected to be completed and delivered in the 2nd half of February. Pretty bonkers if you ask me, but he will probably have one of the first ones in Canada in private ownership...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Ford isn’t immune to huge demand for specific models. I waited 8 months after I ordered a 2018 Expedition.

I’m waiting for the fully electric one. That’s actually the best model for Tirebob. By far will be the cheapest running costs for doing 60K kms / year.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    looks like I am probably not gonna get this deal. Doing some searching and research, apparently only 2% of the F150s coming to Canada will have the 3.5L EB Hybrid motor in it, at least to start. So for every 100 trucks ordered by a dealer, only 2 of them will be allocated as a hybrid. FFS!

Talked with one guy, and he was smart-ish I guess... He knew he wanted it a long time ago, and he factory ordered his hybrid F150 in September last year and got employee pricing on it. His salesman was just notified this week of a VIN number being produced for it, and it is expected to be completed and delivered in the 2nd half of February. Pretty bonkers if you ask me, but he will probably have one of the first ones in Canada in private ownership...
    It sucks that you can't get the truck you want yet, but then again, not like you need one right away, and honestly, I'm not convinced that the hybrid is going to be that awesome in this particular application anyway.
    For all the things the domestic manufacturers do well, rolling out new tech quickly isn't really one of them. Then again, by the time this drivetrain is widespread (probably 2 years) then I'm guessing it'll be reasonably reliable.

So ya leasing a 2.7 lariat in the meantime, c'mon you know you want to. get red paint, it's fastest.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Has wheels

Apparently it takes 2-4 weeks to move from order stage to build stage. Was informed my build moved to build stage yesterday.

For me, it's looking like it'll be less than the 10 week wait.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    It sucks that you can't get the truck you want yet, but then again, not like you need one right away, and honestly, I'm not convinced that the hybrid is going to be that awesome in this particular application anyway.
    For all the things the domestic manufacturers do well, rolling out new tech quickly isn't really one of them. Then again, by the time this drivetrain is widespread (probably 2 years) then I'm guessing it'll be reasonably reliable.

So ya leasing a 2.7 lariat in the meantime, c'mon you know you want to. get red paint, it's fastest.
    Nah, there is literally nothing wrong with my 3.5L. It just rolled over 28,000kms. It's a good truck, but I totally have a stiffy for the hybrid. I have been championing it for years, and, like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum, I want my new toy NOW! lol.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Nah, there is literally nothing wrong with my 3.5L. It just rolled over 28,000kms. It's a good truck, but I totally have a stiffy for the hybrid. I have been championing it for years, and, like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum, I want my new toy NOW! lol.
    Extremely accurate quote.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

TBH I only watched the straightpipes video on the Powerboost, but it doesn't seem like it's all that much more efficient over the regular gas models?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The only correct truck choice is 10 year old miled out gas V8 truck (think ES’s annual threads style).

Every other truck purchase is shades of bad decision making.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Well with that mindset, almost all vehicle purchases are poor choices. While I don't really disagree, might as well spend money on stuff you enjoy and if setting it on fire with vehicles is someone's thing, I can support that.

After all, this is a car forum isn't it?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    Well with that mindset, almost all vehicle purchases are poor choices. While I don't really disagree, might as well spend money on stuff you enjoy and if setting it on fire with vehicles is someone's thing, I can support that.

After all, this is a car forum isn't it?
    Killramos is new, ever newer than the ‘09s. Cut him some slack.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Cars are universal bad decisions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Killramos is new, ever newer than the ‘09s. Cut him some slack.
    That’s how math works
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Ford isn’t immune to huge demand for specific models. I waited 8 months after I ordered a 2018 Expedition.

I’m waiting for the fully electric one. That’s actually the best model for Tirebob. By far will be the cheapest running costs for doing 60K kms / year.
    That would be a consideration as well actually, but like everything, once all the variables are known it will come down to assessing it all. Still nothing to dig into on that one.

They just started production latish November, and just started hitting lots in the last few weeks, so not sure why that's a surprise on time frame? Keep in mind your guy had over a month of dealer and customer orders ahead of his. Also, the hybrids are already on lots......Sherwood has 3 Platinums with that option already, so i'm sure other dealers have received a few as well.

Edit: Ford inventory is showing 8 Powerboost Hybrid in Calgary
    Last edited by NoSup4U; 01-14-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Wife prob going into sign some papers on either Lead Foot or Carbonized grey.

My original quote was 16,000km @ $233.97 + GST Biweekly
    Wife got it re-quoted with 20,000km and the drop-in bedliner @ $249.93 + GST Biweekly

Bump from 16k vs 20k is just 1% to the residual (68% vs 67%)

This is at Dunlop down here. Dealer would not throw in the Unleashed sound like the others have posted on RFD, nor remove their Admin fee (but it was already hidden in the original quote with all the discounts, so w/e)
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    TBH I only watched the straightpipes video on the Powerboost, but it doesn't seem like it's all that much more efficient over the regular gas models?
    Depending on how you look at it, it the best of both worlds or the worst.

The best: If it was a plug in hybrid, you get electric motivation that is torquey and cheap to run. Low fuel bills. Generator built into the truck. You have the back up of the gasser when you run out of juice.

The other way to look at it is that you still have to put gas in it, still do all the maintenance with oil changes, etc and you have battery that is too small to get anywhere that is heavy and is just another complex expensive system that breaks down after warranty. LOL

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Will be fascinating how a high-volume company like Ford builds a high-volume model like this and what the long term reliability looks like. I mean, a Prius is reasonably reliable, but that's apples and oranges.

If this works well, it will do a lot of perceived normalization of the Hybrid/PHEV/EV concepts with a whole new segment of the population.

Jesus... I had that many KM's on my 5.0L not even 6 months into ownership!

Page 142 of 257 FirstFirst ... 132 141 142 143 152 ... LastLast