Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 231 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 231 of 257 FirstFirst ... 221 230 231 232 241 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

Had to replace my wiper lever switch 2 weeks ago because the wipers wouldnt shut off and then last week my wipers barely go up and eventually get stuck at the top. Googled them and i guess theyre common and easy fixes, $100 for the lever and 10 mins of my time and for the wipers one of the pivot points gets corroded and eventually seizes so for a whole new assembly it was $115 and this took me an hour.

Trucks also going into deep sleep mode now even with the warmer weather. Put a trickle to the battery and it said charged so im guessing its time to replace the battery. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there a separate Power Boost thread, didn’t find one? Anyway, my co-worker’s 2022 model died 100%. Needed to be towed from his garage to the dealer. Dealers says they have a couple of trucks sitting there that have been waiting for parts 6 months. Can you trade this piece of crap back to the dealer while it’s under warranty repair?
    The f150 forum should have one but im sure the back ordered parts is a problem with every make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Trucks

If you pull off the CT sensor from the main battery cable it will stop the sleep mode. My new truck has gone into deep sleep mode daily since day one as I have aftermarket cargo lights that draw a bit of power when I grab tools from the back. It’s just a useless nuisance feature IMO.

quick update on my truck... always been meticulous with maintenance and well ahead on things like fluids, plugs etc..

well... front diff was pissing out fluid, so the pinion seal is gone. Then started smelling some oil burning, but couldn't see any smoke... ends up the fittings on the driver side turbo are gone, pissing out coolant and oil onto the manifold, so that needs now to be done (2K job)

I am at about 230K, but I think that for Gen 1, the exhaust manifolds on both sides are common issues, along with the 'timing' chain stretch, which I've yet to have (touch wood) but its a matter of when. In hindsight, I think the 5.0 would have been the more reliable option as for the most part the 6r80 transmission, electronics, axles (cv(s)) are pretty solid.

In hindsight, I probably would have bought a tundra lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    If you pull off the CT sensor from the main battery cable it will stop the sleep mode. My new truck has gone into deep sleep mode daily since day one as I have aftermarket cargo lights that draw a bit of power when I grab tools from the back. It’s just a useless nuisance feature IMO.
    Thanks! Ill see if i can find it and pull it.
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Hmmmm... to buy out my lease deal for $50k or not to... hmmmm...

Fuck. The whole point was to drive a new ford without owning it lol
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    Hmmmm... to buy out my lease deal for $50k or not to... hmmmm...

Fuck. The whole point was to drive a new ford without owning it lol
    Depending on specs even if you dont want to keep it, it might be worth buying out and reselling. Definitely do some research beforehand though, as were all aware the car markets dropping fast so if you only stand to profit a couple thousand i would give it back.

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    quick update on my truck... always been meticulous with maintenance and well ahead on things like fluids, plugs etc..

well... front diff was pissing out fluid, so the pinion seal is gone. Then started smelling some oil burning, but couldn't see any smoke... ends up the fittings on the driver side turbo are gone, pissing out coolant and oil onto the manifold, so that needs now to be done (2K job)

I am at about 230K, but I think that for Gen 1, the exhaust manifolds on both sides are common issues, along with the 'timing' chain stretch, which I've yet to have (touch wood) but its a matter of when. In hindsight, I think the 5.0 would have been the more reliable option as for the most part the 6r80 transmission, electronics, axles (cv(s)) are pretty solid.

In hindsight, I probably would have bought a tundra lol
    4K job but included: front brakes w/ rotors, front pinion seal, transmission fluid flush, the 'works' w/ mobil1 and the unanticipated work - turbo coolant/oil fittings on driver side.

Apparently these fittings are prone to fail as they are a quick release style... never been recalled, just replaced and not sure if its anything similar with the later..

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    4K job but included: front brakes w/ rotors, front pinion seal, transmission fluid flush, the 'works' w/ mobil1 and the unanticipated work - turbo coolant/oil fittings on driver side.

Apparently these fittings are prone to fail as they are a quick release style... never been recalled, just replaced and not sure if its anything similar with the later..
    Your transmission fluid flush was probably a touch over $500, mine was. But you're right on the turbo coolant and oil fittings. I know a few people with earlier generations who have had them go and needed to get replaced. When I mentioned I had an oil leak, before I could describe it, they said it was either the vacuum pump or the turbo fittings as the most common right off the bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Not terrible finance rates.
    Name:  Screenshot_20230126-072731.png
Views: 381
Size:  652.0 KB

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Ford knows their customers.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    06 S2000

72 months. Yikes.
    I looked a the 2023 models, and the Lariats lose a ton of features compared to my 2021.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    2012 F150, R6

Have been chatting with a dealer in edmonton on a 22 F150 Lariat ecoboost 501a with 6k in options. Best they could offer was x-plan pricing. Essentially 6k off MSRP of 78.5k by the window sticker. down to 72k + GST.

Can't decide if i should wait for a better deal or pull the trigger. Trying to find a 6.5ft box in lariat with max tow is a bit tougher to find, and with the 6k cost increase for the 23's and the increased interest from 1.99 to 3.99 theres probably as $12k difference with financing between this and the current offerings for 23's...

Cant help but feel like there could be a better deal in a couple months though.. whats everyone think?
    Last edited by GT.....O?; 01-26-2023 at 09:54 AM.
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you."

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

X-plan is my baseline for a "fine" deal in a normal year. So that's probably a good deal right now. Discounts always increase through the year. And this year maybe more than normal. If you aren't in a rush, wait 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    72 months. Yikes.
    I looked a the 2023 models, and the Lariats lose a ton of features compared to my 2021.
    With the cost of vehicles now most buyers have no choice but to go 72 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by GT.....O? View Post
    Have been chatting with a dealer in edmonton on a 22 F150 Lariat ecoboost 501a with 6k in options. Best they could offer was x-plan pricing. Essentially 6k off MSRP of 78.5k by the window sticker. down to 72k + GST.

Can't decide if i should wait for a better deal or pull the trigger. Trying to find a 6.5ft box in lariat with max tow is a bit tougher to find, and with the 6k cost increase for the 23's and the increased interest from 1.99 to 3.99 theres probably as $12k difference with financing between this and the current offerings for 23's...

Cant help but feel like there could be a better deal in a couple months though.. whats everyone think?
    I think member misterman is the most highly regarded when it comes to predicting future car values

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Dang. Thats brutal compared to the $58k+gst lease deals we got on 21 502a
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I almost did that deal and still kinda regret it but now. Buyout was roughly 53k and 13k in lease payments if I remember correctly

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Not a lot of 22 lariats left,,, a lot of of them are powerboosts not sure if that is something you want, did you want tow mirrors are well ? In todays world that is not a bad deal

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    72 months. Yikes.
    Heated steering well, active park assist, message seats, XM radio in lower models, active security , auto stop start

Now if you really value cup holder lights and temp LEDs in dials

Not really a lot of features

My Ride
    2012 F150, R6

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    Not a lot of 22 lariats left,,, a lot of of them are powerboosts not sure if that is something you want, did you want tow mirrors are well ? In todays world that is not a bad deal
    Hard pass on the powerboost, cant afford to lose the payload capacity. Tow mirrors while not a hard requirement, would prefer.

I'm going to pick it up. Between the 6 grand jump in MSRP and the 6 grand im getting off MSRP currently, future incentives would need to total over 18k with the difference in interest rates which i dont see happening. And i dont think interest rates are dropping to 1.99% again anytime soon.
    Last edited by GT.....O?; 01-30-2023 at 07:49 AM.
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you."

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Dewit

Page 231 of 257 FirstFirst ... 221 230 231 232 241 ... LastLast